• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Quote Mine A Must Read

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by huggybear, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Bombila

Bombila Veteran

+405
    Agnostic
    Married
    Won't some half sensible creationist please step in and give Huggybear the lolcat version of his approach?

Kreashumism...ur doin it rong.

2. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    It is truly amazing to me that Creationists are so often hypocritical to the point of hilarity. Huggybear starts a thread boldly promoting a quote-mine that he cut and paste from his favorite "creation ministry" website by actually refering to it as a "quote mine!" When I quote mine from his own comments to show how dishonest and useless a tactic it is, he squeals like a stuck pig.

3. Valkhorn

Valkhorn the Antifloccinaucinihilipili ficationist

+172
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    1. Cut
    2. Paste
    3. Post
    4. Leave

4. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    Kudos to you for taking the time to go through some of these mined quotes and showing the dishonesty behind them, if only for the lurkers. It is obvious that huggybear deserves no consideration, but some lurkers might benefit. I did not have the patience.

5. Nitron

Nitron HIKES CAN TAKE A WALK

+147
    Agnostic
    Single
    [​IMG]

6. Edx

Edx Senior Veteran

+106
    Atheist
    Anyone else think this subject of this threat is ironic?

7. Morcova

Morcova Well-Known Member

+484
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Libertarian
    Lying for Jesus: The creationist way.

8. shinbits

shinbits Well-Known Member

+264
    Deist
    Married
    US-Others
    has it occured to anyone that he could be a parady, just laughing his head off right now?

9. Morcova

Morcova Well-Known Member

+484
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Libertarian

So it's your belief he's a troll?

10. shinbits

+264
    Deist
    Married
    US-Others
    if someone continually posts redicoulous things that will get people upset (due to it's immense stupidity), that person is a troll.

I once saw a quote that said "a good troll is someone no one realize is a troll." an example---dad. he ingeniously had people replying, getting mad at, and spending countless hours reading crap. it took forever before someone finally said "wait a darn minute.....he might just be trolling."

this guy is just another having fun at our expense.

11. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    If the best troll is one no one realizes is a troll, then how do we determine who the really good trolls are? In any case, your description of what a troll is fits 90% of creationists who post here. Are you claiming the vast majority of creationists who post here are trolls?

12. shinbits

+264
    Deist
    Married
    US-Others
    there aren't many creationists here on this board. most are athiests. that 90 percent figure is kinda misleading.

13. Nitron

Nitron HIKES CAN TAKE A WALK

+147
    Agnostic
    Single
    Definitely.

14. FishFace

FishFace Senior Veteran

+165
    Atheist
    No, to be a good troll, you have to firstly be a troll. You have to deceive people - you can't actually take your own trash seriously.

You apparently haven't seen the full history of dad's posts. Most people mention the possibility of a troll at some point early on, but us seasoned dad-ers know such mentions aren't going to do any good.

15. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    I said that 90% of the creationists who post here match your description of a troll. Do you think most of the creationists who post here are trolls?

16. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    I agree with you. Dad is actually in my opinion the apex of creationist thinking. He has completetly given up on reality and now relies entirely on total ad hoc rationalization based on his personal understanding of scripture.

17. shinbits

+264
    Deist
    Married
    US-Others

A "good" troll is someone, which might take a while for a lot of people to realize they are trolls.

but maybe the thread starter and dad aren't trolls. maybe I'm just in denial that people *honestly* believe such arguments are good. but then again, I've seen the same from some athiests on GA.

18. Maximum

Maximum Newbie

+2
    Agnostic
    Single
    CA-Liberals
    Even if they are real, what are you trying to accomplish with these quotes?