Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God NEVER predestines anyone to destruction. It's by their own choice to accept or reject. That choice is not taken away until the last possible moments. Because God is merciful!

Read the whole Bible to see when God has carried out His judgment in haste without repeatedly warning them.

Noah 'a preacher of righteousness' would have preached to those whose fates had been sealed???

Methuselah, the son of Enoch, means literally 'when (he) dies, it will come'. What came? The flood. Methuselah died at the age of 969. That means for at least almost a thousand years, the warning about the flood was given.
quit reacting and read the narrative.... God made a covenant with Noah and his family, when Noah got the ark built and the animals on board, the flood came... Noah did not preach 120 yrs and there was no room for anyone else on that boat except Noah, his family and the animals...

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When anything remotely comes to endorsed by EGW, the blinders are put on.

You are wrong!

God is "not willing any should perish, but that ALL should come to the repentance!" 2 Peter 3:9.
clearly the end of this discussion.... you missed the point completely....

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
still didn't read the bible I take.

Gen 5:32 And Noah was five hundred years old. And Noah fathered Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Gen 6:10-13 And Noah fathered three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. (11) The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. (12) And God looked upon the earth. And, behold, it was corrupted! For all flesh had corrupted its way upon the earth. (13) And God said to Noah, The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them. And, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Gen 6:18 But I will establish My covenant with you. And you shall come into the ark, you and your sons and your wife and your sons' wives with you.

Gen 7:5-7 And Noah did according to all that Jehovah commanded him. (6) And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth. (7) And Noah went in. And his sons and his wife and his sons' wives went in with him into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.

Gen 8:13-16 And it happened in the six hundred and first year, at the beginning, on the first of the month, that the waters were dried up from off the earth. And Noah removed the covering of the ark and looked. And, behold, the face of the earth was dried! (14) And in the second month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, the earth was dry. (15) And God spoke to Noah, saying, (16) Go out of the ark, you and your wife and your sons and your sons' wives with you.

the reality is it was less than 100 years, because Noah's sons were grown and had wives.... so God told him to build the ark and as soon as they completed it, God sent the flood....

which is more important to read the whole bible or to understand the bible that you do read.... have a good day DL....

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

Ezekiel 33
11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.

The sad truth is you and I do not serve the same God!

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 33
11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.

The sad truth is you and I do not serve the same God!
only in your opinion.... thankfully while it may be sad, it is not the truth in any shape or form, unfortunately you cannot or will not see that.... take care....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Telaquapacky

Unconquerable Good Will
Sep 5, 2006
Central California
✟8,170.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You guys are missing something. Simply by building the ark Noah was actually preaching. Didn't anyone ask Noah, "Uh, Noah? You know... people usually don't build boats so far from the water. This one's too big for a trailer. How ya gonna get it to the water?" Then wouldn't Noah say, "Looky here, young feller! I'll tell you why I'm buiding this here boat..." 2 Peter 2 :5 doesn't call Noah a boat builder, it calls him a "preacher of righteousness."

The other thing- while it is true that the ark was only big enough for Noah and his family- how do you know that Noah's godly influence did not win some antediluvian souls? Suppose some of the heatins became converted and died before the flood? They'd be saved.

Somebody went preaching before the flood:

1 Peter 3:18-20
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

And we are told that God's word never goes to waste:

Isaiah 55:11
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Guess who's comin' to dinner!

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You guys are missing something. Simply by building the ark Noah was actually preaching. Didn't anyone ask Noah, "Uh, Noah? You know... people usually don't build boats so far from the water. This one's too big for a trailer. How ya gonna get it to the water?" Then wouldn't Noah say, "Looky here, young feller! I'll tell you why I'm buiding this here boat..." 2 Peter 2 :5 doesn't call Noah a boat builder, it calls him a "preacher of righteousness."

The other thing- while it is true that the ark was only big enough for Noah and his family- how do you know that Noah's godly influence did not win some antediluvian souls? Suppose some of the heatins became converted and died before the flood? They'd be saved.

Somebody went preaching before the flood:

1 Peter 3:18-20
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

And we are told that God's word never goes to waste:

Isaiah 55:11
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Guess who's comin' to dinner!
while that may be true... my point is simple.... it did not take Noah 120 yrs to build the ark.... the ark was not built for lots of people... when Noah completed the ark the flood came....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
You guys are missing something. Simply by building the ark Noah was actually preaching. Didn't anyone ask Noah, "Uh, Noah? You know... people usually don't build boats so far from the water. This one's too big for a trailer. How ya gonna get it to the water?"
They could not have asked those questions if they had never seen a boat before and did not know its purpose.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a EGW quote that says Noah built the ark for 120 years?
I don't need a quote that says that... when the story is told, those telling it usually say, " and Noah preached for 120 yrs...." Now I know where they got it from... do you?

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

I don't need a quote that says that... when the story is told, those telling it usually say, " and Noah preached for 120 yrs...." Now I know where they got it from... do you?

Your argument was 'Noah didn't build the ark for 120 years'. We don't teach that. The 120 year reference came from God's pronouncement of the impending judgment from Genesis 6.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your argument was 'Noah didn't build the ark for 120 years'. We don't teach that. The 120 year reference came from God's pronouncement of the impending judgment from Genesis 6.
it is preached, from sda pulpits more often than you think.... heard a sermon just last year in which the preacher preached that... not only that he had Noah's sons helping Noah build the ark....as little boys growing up.... your experience may vary.....

Upvote 0