Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I want to give my testimony in the hopes that people might see the power of God. I also encourage any other prodigals out there to go home.

After being backslidden for 16 years, I gave my whole life to Jesus. Afterwards, my mind was blown when I familiarized myself with the prodigal son and realized it mirrors me.

See, when I had gotten saved, God was building in me...but I took what He gave me and turned my back after 2 years. I became an adulterer and fornicator, drunkard, drug user, blasphemer, abuser of mankind, etc. After about 8 years, I was destitute to the point that I got into a relationship with someone for selfish reasons. And I was so hungry for something that I was looking into the world for a substitute for righteousness. I was considering involving myself in things I never otherwise would have considered. After about 8 years I woke up and "what was I was thinking" being in that relationship? It wasn't love...it was attachment. It was almost like waking from a dream.

And I was so hungry for the righteousness of God, but yet so bound. So I would pray that even if God wouldn't save me, could He at least let me do something for Him? Even if I cannot be saved, can He at least use me somehow? That's how starving I was for His righteousness. And then I came to a place where I resolved that I would lay hold on Jesus Christ no matter what, no matter the cost, because there is nowhere else to go. And in my blackness I called upon Him with all my heart.

And my cry came unto Him. Though a long way off, He saw my oppression. He removed my rags... the sin melted off of me, and God clothed me. From the first moment back I was already a better Christian than I was even after 2 years.

But there is a cost. Once the party ended, it was revealed in my heart that everything now belongs to my beloved brother. I am a son of my Father, but a servant to my brother.

God is so good. God, in His infinite mercy, allowed me to go to the lowest place, planning all along that, in me, Christ would be lifted to the highest place. God is so good! Who is like our Lord, our God, our King? There is none like our beloved Jesus.

Last edited:

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to give my testimony in the hopes that people might see the power of God. I also encourage any other prodigals out there to go home.

After being backslidden for 16 years, I gave my whole life to Jesus. Afterwards, my mind was blown when I familiarized myself with the prodigal son and realized it mirrors me.

See, when I had gotten saved, God was building in me...but I took what He gave me and turned my back after 2 years. I became an adulterer and fornicator, drunkard, drug user, blasphemer, abuser of mankind, etc. After about 8 years, I was destitute to the point that I got into a relationship with someone for selfish reasons. And I was so hungry for something that I was looking into the world for a substitute for righteousness. I was considering involving myself in things I never otherwise would have considered. After about 8 years I woke up and "what was I was thinking" being in that relationship? It wasn't love...it was attachment. It was almost like waking from a dream.

And I was so hungry for the righteousness of God, but yet so bound. So I would pray that even if God wouldn't save me, could He at least let me do something for Him? Even if I cannot be saved, can He at least use me somehow? That's how starving I was for His righteousness. And then I came to a place where I resolved that I would lay hold on Jesus Christ no matter what, no matter the cost, because there is nowhere else to go. And in my blackness I called upon Him with all my heart.

And my cry came unto Him. Though a long way off, He saw my oppression. He removed my rags... the sin melted off of me, and God clothed me. From the first moment back I was already a better Christian than I was even after 2 years.

But there is a cost. Once the party ended, it was revealed in my heart that everything now belongs to my beloved brother. I am a son of my Father, but a servant to my brother.

God is so good. God, in His infinite mercy, allowed me to go to the lowest place, planning all along that, in me, Christ would be lifted to the highest place. God is so good! Who is like our Lord, our God, our King? There is none like our beloved Jesus.
God is so good and I have been struggling a lot too but I am trusting in Jesus to save me because He is the only one who can. God loves us and Jesus is our Lord.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam81
Upvote 0

Sam81

Jesus is everything
Sep 12, 2016
Texas
✟27,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Three things a backslider should pray...

1. Have mercy upon me, oh God.
2. I forgive everyone. Bless them.
3. Destroy me (in this life) so I must turn to you.

Even then it's no guarantee your captivity will end. Only God sees the heart.

It's worth pointing out that I prayed for salvation thousands of times during my captivity and yet I continued helplessly enslaved to sin. It wasn't until I called upon the name of Jesus with my whole heart that the Deliverer came for me.

Upvote 0