Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On my phone there is this little button that controls volume. If I am on a private conversation and I am smarter than.... oh, a block of wood per say.... and I am with the President of the United States in a public place that can and probably is occupied with spies. Personally, I would turn it down.
The spies intercept the transmission - they don't need to be at the same table.

he testified that the President knew it was an unsecured line, why would he keep the volume at that level. Is he incompetent or just stupid?
I would go with naive, not thinking it was a big deal; Sondland was a millionaire donor, not a professional. Perhaps he is hard of hearing himself or maybe he wanted Holmes to hear and know how close he was to Donald.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I’ve inadvertently done Trump’s experiment he’s asked the nation to try, anytime my mom calls me on the phone. For some reason with no one else but when she calls me, I have to pull the phone away from my head because she is just as loud as if it were on speaker. I kid you not, when I heard Holmes testify to hearing the president loudly through the phone I immediately thought of my mom’s phone calls and it made perfect sense. I can totally see Trump being just as loud if not worse than what I’ve experienced. I hadn’t thought about spies but someone in Sondland’s position should have been well aware of that risk.

Yeah my grandpa speaks so loud on the phone I have to put it on speaker phone or risk damaging my ears. I've been in cahoots with him planning out buying my girlfriend's main Christmas present, on account of that when she is with me I have to just decline his calls or else he'll accidentally tell her everything. There's just no way everybody else cannot hear every word he is saying. In my grandpa's defense he's got Parkinson's & can't just text things out fast. My grandma has now aced texting, lol.

I think on account of Donald most often speaking to the press with a huge helicopter behind him maybe he's gotten into the habit of just shouting. He's also just been entitled his whole life, probably has been talking louder than acceptable / necessary for much of it.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You don't "respond" to others by tweet. People of courage and integrity respond to others directly, allowing for dialogue and real communication.

Here on CF, we have all just been reminded of the rules of discourse.

No name calling!
No goading!
No flaming!

Are those rules being followed in the highest offices of the land?

Oh heck no they're not. Donald is infamous for his name calling. He does it habitually. He enjoys goading, flaming. The OP just illustrated that here. I've said before, will say again, Donald himself & his base frequently does more harm to his reputation than anybody else could.

Kids are allowed to join here, must follow rules. Donald is great-grandpa aged, wouldn't be able to last on here long if he kept up his typical.

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Which liberal comedian style would you prefer?

the depiction of a severed head or the stabbing to death portrayal?

LMBO. She was holding up a mask with ketchup on it but it triggered folks hard. She was wrong to do that, of course. She had lunatics making death threats about it, all sorts of insanity. I never had even heard of the lady then Donald's base went wild in anger about it, gave her a world of publicity. She went on a worldwide tour that sold out in many huge venues, including Carnegie Hall. It was called Laughing Your Head off.

By bringing her up once again, Donald's base is begging that attn. be called to the fully insane, disgusting, warped as all get out fake video of Donald massacring media & where a lookalike of that lady is stabbed to death at the end. It was played at one of Donald's resorts to his base just enjoying the heck out of it. Again nobody does a better job giving terrible PR to Donald than he & his own base do.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ng-media-critics-shown-resort-draws-backlash/

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
On my phone there is this little button that controls volume. If I am on a private conversation and I am smarter than.... oh, a block of wood per say.... and I am with the President of the United States in a public place that can and probably is occupied with spies. Personally, I would turn it down.

Exactly right, if you were smarter than a block of wood you'd never do exactly what David Holmes testified under oath that Donald Trump did. Self-inflicted wound.

he testified that the President knew it was an unsecured line, why would he keep the volume at that level. Is he incompetent or just stupid?

Why make it an either / or when it's probably both?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The fact they were talking at all on an unsecured phone right on Russia’s border shows neither of them are particularly smart guys.

Donald hires only the best! (who pay $$$$$ for jobs they're not qualified for)

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I disagree, as long as both parties are aware it is unsecured, there should not be an issue. Not every conversation is sensitive in nature, but can be time sensitive.

You don’t want the Russians listening in to any of the presidents conversations, no matter whether they’re classified or not.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don’t want the Russians listening in to any of the presidents conversations, no matter whether they’re classified or not.

thank you for your opinion

my opinion is that if it was an issue or concern, those in the hearings would have raised the issue.

which they didn’t.

not even member of the Resist and their media lap dogs.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Well this, plus a conversation that doesn't start off as being sensitive & discussing classified information can turn towards that pretty easily. That call was stupid & reckless.

Upvote 0