The Penguino Family - Lean on us when you're not strong, and we'll help you carry on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oohhhh!!! I LOVE St. Augustine!!! That and Disney world is to be my honeymoon spots! ^_^

BTW, what does this mean?
refuge.gif

Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
BTW, what does this mean?
refuge.gif
We just created the a new forum in Recovery called the 'city of refuge' for those who have been involved in the occult at some point. For a few reasons it's been made a private forum, and, as such, needed an icon for access :).

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We just created the a new forum in Recovery called the 'city of refuge' for those who have been involved in the occult at some point. For a few reasons it's been made a private forum, and, as such, needed an icon for access :).
"Private" forum? I thought the whole purpose of "4U"was openness?

Does this not promote secrecy and room for bias to occur?

I am not at all against the idea of having the forum, in fact, I encourage it, but why have it closed?

Upvote 0

pete56

A Beloved Son of God!
Apr 13, 2004
✟19,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is very interesting isn't it how the objectives of the new Foru.ms can be so easily subverted?

I guess like so many institutions the grand ideas are just that ideas - when it comes down to implementation it soon becomes evident that there is always something that would fall through the net of the grand idea which needs something different!

This Refuge is clearly a case in point.

Well if my friends from BSA are moving into the private forum I must wish them well and wave them farewell. As i clearly do not qualify as an ex occultist nor an appointed Staffer for that forum so I will not be allowed access.

I do hope they get treated reasonably!

PP

Upvote 0

pete56

A Beloved Son of God!
Apr 13, 2004
✟19,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Someone go and take a look at the Spiritual Warfare Wiki please?

There is a member in there stirring dissent!

It feels like another attack targeted at our BSA brethren! My God but we are an intolerant bunch!

I thought the new objective was to reach the unreached!

PP

Upvote 0

RavenRift

My chains are gone... I've been set free....
Jul 29, 2006
PA
✟40,646.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello!
Glad I'm not the only "night owl" here.
*checks the fridge for pizza or tacos*
*checks the SW wiki*
Rachel
Hey - you better share that Pizza!!! Rachel!

Hello all!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let's see here . . . I see brownies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate tofu pie, Snickers bars, Kit Kat bars, milk chocolate, Andes chocolate mints and dark chocolate.

*takes some dark and some mint*
*goes back into library*

Upvote 0

pete56

A Beloved Son of God!
Apr 13, 2004
✟19,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OK so what happened in the Beth She'an forum? My lack of access rights left me observing the fallout without the opportunity to see the fire!

I was hopeful that maybe some sort of true ministry to hurting souls was being instigated here, but it seems that the powers at high level have other ideas.

You know I am beginning to wonder whether it is me! This was going along fine until I asked for access then everyone from Omega started to weigh in against the forum!

Maybe I'd do them more good by remaining absent!

Oh and Tracie - Happy Birthday - in case I forget later in the week!!!!

PP

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

newbeliever02072005

Have Courage to Trust God
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:doh: I forgot to check back here ~ Sorry guys!!

Rachel ~ homework is awful! The kids have so much homework this year, just seems like it has trippled!

Juzzi ~ sorry your internet is slow. Mine is acting a bit up on me as well. Thinking that its time for a new one :D

Pete ~ are you causing troubles again??!!! ^_^ Just teasing! Thanks for the birthday wishes ~ I'm trying not to think about that. I'm getting to old!!!

You know, I wonder how Dede is doing on her trip. She's probably having a grand ole time, since I've not seen her sneaking in here. Which is good ~ time away from her is a must.

:hug: 's to you all!

Upvote 0

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tracie,
I can only imagine what it must be like to try to get kids who have been at school all day to sit and do more schoolwork:( I'm so sorry you're having trouble!

Maybe giving them 1/2 hour of "chill time" before doing studies, then a special reward if they get it done by a certain time?

Rachel

Upvote 0

RavenRift

My chains are gone... I've been set free....
Jul 29, 2006
PA
✟40,646.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey everyone - hope all is well... I have to tell you - I am quite discouraged working reports... It is tiring being falsely accused by members of inconsistency among us.... they do not realize how hard it is to do this...

Can you all keep me in prayer... I am weary from work the past few weeks as well... I am going to be in and out and not as available for at least the next week... I will try to assist as able... please pray for me... I don't like feeling this way when I am here on foru.ms....

Upvote 0

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Prayers you have, Robert!

Remember, we're a family! That means we take care of each other and help each other out! Oh, and don't worry too much about accusations . . . come to one of us and ask us first. We'll shoot straight with you if there's an issue.

Rachel

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.