The Passion's Box Office #'s

bonniered

Mar 7, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Catholic
:clap:

I liked this movie because I believe it was very well made and painfully realistic. I did not like it because it affirms my belief. What astounded me was the fact that it was the only movie that I have ever seen that left everyone in the audience speechless when it was over!

When we left the theatre everyone was very somber and their was complete silence. Everyone seemed deeply moved. I am wholeheartedly in support of this film and have been recommending it to everyone.

I am also hoping that Mel Gibson will not stop at The Passion of Christ! Mel what about the Resurrection?

Upvote 0

BornAnew

Aug 28, 2003
Bronx
Visit site
✟130.00
Faith
Christian
The Passion Crosses $200M Mark in 12 Days Source: Coming Soon!
Sunday, March 7, 2004

:clap: The Coming Soon! Box Office Report has been updated with the studio estimates for this weekend. Be sure to stay tuned there for the final figures on Monday afternoon.

Mel Gibson's The Passion of The Christ had another big weekend with the film adding $51.4 million. The $30 million-budgeted film, starring Jim Caviezel, passed the $200 million mark on Sunday, its twelfth day, to bring the massive total to $212 million. This is on-par with Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, which also reached the mark in twelve days. The movie is now the fifth-biggest R-rated movie ever and has already climbed to the 48th spot on the all-time domestic blockbuster list.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lbiagm

US Navy Supporter
Nov 17, 2002
Hot Springs.Arkansas
Visit site
✟29,887.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
maybe in the movie theater in your town clinzey but the one here in my town and surrounding towns noone ate or drank during this million and It would be great if this movie become the number 1 grossing movie of all-time.

Upvote 0

gibbo

Mighty Pirate!
Feb 25, 2004
south austraila in a town called nairne.
✟7,875.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Lbiagm said:
yes this movie is great and it should get best picture.

I know it was a good movie, i liked it and it makes the death of christ alot more real for me. but i dont think gibson made this film to win awards.
i hope mr gibson wont mind if i speak on his behalf but the real reason he made this movie is cause god put it on his heart. think about it, why would a man put his job on the line to make and pay for in full out of his own pocket a controversal film that alot of people would not like... that's god for ya.

i would like to say that mel gibson is a real man of god. he did what most wouldnt do and stands by his belife.
good on ya mel baby! :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bloodofthelamb12

...i'm just trying to stay afloat...
Jan 29, 2004
Ft Hood, TX
✟716.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Passion of the Christ is an EXCELLENT movie on nearly every level! In terms of the sheer capacity to impact the audience it gets a 10/10. For its awesome interpretation of the Biblical events (albeit, there were some liberties taken, but nothing doctrinely unsound or neccessarily untruthful to the actual events) I'd give it at LEAST an 8/10. For Mel's unflinching character in the face of repeated attacks, a 10/10. For its clearly NOT anti-semitic intent, a 9/10. And for the fact that souls could be saved partially thanks to this film? To many points for me to count. The fact is, that this was an excellent movie, and that any born-again Christian who can leave the theatre without a whole new appreciation of the phrase, "bought at a price" might want 2 check their pulse, cuz you may be dead.

Upvote 0

clinzey

Jan 9, 2004
California
✟16,044.00
Faith
Protestant
Lbiagm said:
he didn't say that his dad did clinzey.

From MSNBC, Feb. 10, 2004

Gibson was interviewed by the Herald Sun in Australia, and the reporter asked the star if Protestants are denied eternal salvation. “There is no salvation for those outside the Church,” Gibson replied. “I believe it.”

He elaborated: “Put it this way. My wife is a saint. She’s a much better person than I am. Honestly. She’s, like, Episcopalian, Church of England. She prays, she believes in God, she knows Jesus, she believes in that stuff. And it’s just not fair if she doesn’t make it, she’s better than I am. But that is a pronouncement from the chair. I go with it.”

Upvote 0