Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It is a lot more than that. But this is meat and not milk.

Have you read the Book of Jubilees? They were counting time by the Jubilees. The calendar and festivals of God proves this is what is happening as I have explained in my posts.
I have not seen all of your posts, and I have not read the book of Jubilees, but the only thing I would consider proof is the Bible literally telling us that God meant Jubilees when he said 120 years. I would also consider evidence that "years" is a euphemism for "jubilees" at the time of the writing of Genesis. Not sure if there's anything else I would accept, but if you can give me the short version of your evidence I'll let you know.

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you read the Book of Jubilees?
Yes, (and Enoch)

... what do you say about this. You see Genesis 6:3 shows there is 120 of them. (Jubilees) The Exodus is the 50th one (per the Book of Jubilees). And if you follow the events, you will see something unfold - the numbers mean something.

You are adding to the Bible to make it say what you want it to say. Genesis 6:3 speaks of 120 years with no mention of jubilees. 120*49 year spans are not inferred. Similarly, your source material only speaks of 120 years:

"He said, My spirit shall not always abide on man; for they also are flesh and their days shall be one hundred and twenty years." (Book of Jubilees, 5:8)

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I suspect you have an agenda leading to another prediction of Jesus' second coming. I'm interested in Sabbatic cycles, yes, but I do not use them to make false prophecies.

• Agree
Reactions: Filippus
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I already know when He is coming. I already know all the Sabbatical cycles. Your saying my prophecies are false but you have no evidence of that.

As for Genesis 6:3 you have no evidence to say contrarywise that they are not speaking of Jubilees.

The answer that they are Jubilees fits any answer better than you can come up with - why? Because it says that God's Spirit will only strive with man for 120 years. God's Spirit STILL Strives with man today. So what is your answer to that? You answer is not likely better than mine. Those are Jubilee years.

Hebrew letters also represent numbers. What number does the phrase One hundred Twenty add up to in Hebrew? - 666.

I have to admit, it makes better sense of the text if 120 Jubilee years are meant. That comes out to somewhere around 6000 years. And since God is obviously clever, would it not be a clever way of Him telling us that He has given man approx 6000 years in all? Did not some early church fathers believe this age involves approx 6000 years?

Since God's Spirit is still striving with man even today, how could it be if we are to take it to mean a literal 120 years? Some might argue, in context it is only meaning in regards to the flood, thus shouldn't be applied beyond that. That might be a fair argument if it were not for the fact that this contradicts the fact that God's Spirit is still striving with man, even today. Is one going to argue that God's Spirit no longer strives with man once the flood happened?

Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That is alright Freedm. I'm not trying to compel anyone to believe this. I'm just trying to throw out there these arguments. If you are set in your current belief then I'm not here to judge. I believe you will all know this very very soon.
I appreciate that, but I'm not here to be dogmatic about my beliefs. I'm here to see if other people know something I don't, so I'd like to hear your pitch if you don't mind.

Upvote 0

Freedm

Sep 27, 2020
Austin TX
✟40,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I believe that God gave man 120 Jubilees years of dominion (Genesis 6:3). I believe that those Jubilees have been being marked in time. Book of Jubilees states that the Exodus occurred at the 50th Jubilee. This is fitting since 50 is the number of years associated with a Jubilee and it was at this time that Moses said would be the beginning of their year. That means that from that time to the end would be 70 Jubilees (50 + 70 = 120).

Moses essentially stated that he was a type or former for a Prophet to come after him.

Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Act 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

The first Jubilee under Christ came in 31 AD (the 80th) Jubilee. This is fitting since 8 is associated with a new world and consecration to the Father of which is what circumcision on the 8th day is a type of.

Now Moses was 80 years old when he began his ministry and died at 120 years old. This is fitting since Jesus ministry is essentially from the 80th Jubilee to the 120th Jubilee in this current dispensation. Now Moses was in the wilderness for 40 Jubilees and the Church shall be in the wilderness for 40 Jubilees (essentially 41 - we have to count the 80th Jubilee).

Passover is a count of 50 days but it is not counted in consecutive days but rather by weeks (covered in Lev 23). Since those weeks are based on a Lunar Calendar and not a solar calendar we don't count the new moon days which means we always will arrive with Passover on the 9th day of the 3rd month. So these counting of days are giving us a picture of counting Jubilees. Now the Jubilee is declared on the Day of Atonement - 10th day of the 7th Month). If count the lunar days from 3rd lunar month day 9 to 10th of the 7th Lunar month you get 120 days exactly.
Many understand that Jesus would return and liberate mankind at that time which is what is going to happen.

This is going to happen and at the time of the 121st Jubilee (The Heavens are declaring it as well).

The time is very very short.

Understand also that when Jesus was crucified that the Temple had to be destroyed 40 years later which did happen. Because this is a type for Judgement of the House of God that started at the time which would continue. A Generation is 40 years (refer to Moses in the wilderness until the generation that sinned was destroyed). A Spiritual Generation is 40 Jubilees.

The time is not far off now. This world is about to be brought under subjection to the King of Kings.

The numbers don't lie. They are a phenomenon and speak precisely. These events are not a coincidence.

To those that can understand this urgency - stand fast in your guarding your faith and be patient.
Thanks for your insight. I read it through once and found it very interesting. I'll read it through more carefully when I have more time.

Reactions: Deafsilence
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Those 120 years ARE a reference to 120 Jubilees. They are not how long man would live. For man lived much longer than 120 years after that was stated.

It is true though that Noah gave the people there 120 years warning before the floods came and this serves as a type for the 120 Jubilees given to man's dominion overall. (See the book of Jasher on the record of Noah's warning of 120 years to the people).
Not on average. You don't know how long most people lived. Even Abraham's family died sooner than later. Shem was the last to die. He lived so long, that they regarded him as not even having parents. 120 years was the promised life span of that day. Yet even modern science declares an even shorter lifespan at that time. I think it wrong to say humans lived several hundred years on average after the Flood. We are only told about a few who did.

That verse in Genesis is not a 120 year countdown. No one knew when the Flood would happen. Saying there was an 120 year countdown then is as bad as all those who predict the Second Coming now. That point of 120 years until the Flood destroys the whole thief in the night, not knowing point.

Humans had no limit to their length of life until God set that length at 120 years. If there had been no Flood, humans from the beginning of creation would still be alive on earth and living today. Obviously it did not take them long to fall for the wickedness and sin, Adam's flesh and blood was cursed with.

Moses could have been the first exception to that 120 year limit since Jacob. Unlike Abraham who lived by faith, Moses disobeyed God one time and that is all it took to remove Moses from living among humans past the 120 year point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have not seen all of your posts, and I have not read the book of Jubilees, but the only thing I would consider proof is the Bible literally telling us that God meant Jubilees when he said 120 years. I would also consider evidence that "years" is a euphemism for "jubilees" at the time of the writing of Genesis. Not sure if there's anything else I would accept, but if you can give me the short version of your evidence I'll let you know.
Moses wrote years. He did not confuse years with Jubilees. Moses wrote he himself lived 3 sets of 40 years. Was Moses exact or just rounding out the numbers? Moses instituted the Jubilees to Israel from God. Moses was not confused about years and Jubilees.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The answer that they are Jubilees fits any answer better than you can come up with - why? Because it says that God's Spirit will only strive with man for 120 years. God's Spirit STILL Strives with man today. So what is your answer to that? You answer is not likely better than mine. Those are Jubilee years.
God only strives with man 70 years now. Yet some humans get to live past 70 years of age.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have to admit, it makes better sense of the text if 120 Jubilee years are meant. That comes out to somewhere around 6000 years. And since God is obviously clever, would it not be a clever way of Him telling us that He has given man approx 6000 years in all? Did not some early church fathers believe this age involves approx 6000 years?

Since God's Spirit is still striving with man even today, how could it be if we are to take it to mean a literal 120 years? Some might argue, in context it is only meaning in regards to the flood, thus shouldn't be applied beyond that. That might be a fair argument if it were not for the fact that this contradicts the fact that God's Spirit is still striving with man, even today. Is one going to argue that God's Spirit no longer strives with man once the flood happened?
God already did that in the 4th Commandment. 6 Days are all Adam's flesh and blood have to work, before entering the rest from Sin and Death. 6 thousand years, 6 days a week, and 6 hours a day.

After that point humans have past the expiration date. Those who work past that date are stamped with the expiration mark.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
6 days equates to 6000 years per Peter:

2Pe_3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

6 days ( of labor ) equate to 144 which can be seen in the 14,400 and the 144,000 ...

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Many people are recorded in the Bible as having lived longer than 120 years after the verse was stated which was pre-flood. Even Noah and members of his family lived longer than 120 years of course after the flood.

Gen_47:28 And Jacob lived in the land of Egypt seventeen years: so the whole age of Jacob was an hundred forty and seven years.

And yes, people knew when the flood would happen. Noah warned people it was coming 120 years prior. They just didn't believe him.

Additionally, God's Spirit still strives with man today.
Actually God does not struggle with humanity nor a human's spirit. There were no sons of God on earth after the Flood. That is who God was struggling with. Adam was dead. His disobedience was a different punishment altogether.

And no, the Flood did not happen 120 years later. It happened around 100 years after God told Noah. It took about 100 years to build the ark, if that long. Shem was 100 years old 2 years after the Flood. God told Noah after Shem was born. Noah was 500 years old himself. According to the chapter, Noah was about the only one who was still righteous.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God strives with man until the Lord returns at the end of 120 Jubilees. Nothing in the Bible says that God only strives with man for 70 years.
Psalms 90:7-10

"For we are consumed by thine anger, and by thy wrath are we troubled. Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance. For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told. The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away."

Upvote 0