Oct 11, 2007
Visit site
✟48,466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks girly. :( I just feel like I failed myself, my fiance and God :cry:

Sorry to hear about your job loss! It happens to even the best of us, I'll be praying for God to open up whatever is right and next for you.

Update on my list: Dan found a job, one down, many to go!

Upvote 0

Daughter of Ararat

Yeshua's Rose of Hayastan
May 4, 2010
✟9,539.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
This isn't the long-run career job, but at least it helps to save up for the new car I will need next year. (Note to self, ask for prayer for this.) I will be full-time with paid office work at my current job, so my situation is improving. Thank you for your continued prayer support.

My friend E is very under-employed, and I believe M is unemployed atm. Can we add a Christmas prayer for these non-posters?

Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This isn't the long-run career job, but at least it helps to save up for the new car I will need next year. (Note to self, ask for prayer for this.) I will be full-time with paid office work at my current job, so my situation is improving. Thank you for your continued prayer support.

My friend E is very under-employed, and I believe M is unemployed atm. Can we add a Christmas prayer for these non-posters?

I will add them.:)

Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
50% ready to go back on the list. My seasonal retail job ends on the 30th, and I already have a tax preparer gig lined up. The only thing left! I just have to finish my second day of training and pass the test. Prayers needed that God will enable me to absorb knowledge like a sponge, and to pass with flying colors.

:thumbsup::prayer:

Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think it's time to bring this thread back to life! :D

How's everyone's search going? Any updates to share?:wave:

I've applied for 3 different jobs in the past week. And searching for more to apply to. I'm determined to find a job this year!!!!

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
No job so far. I'm waiting on one job, but might not hear back for quite some time. I am looking into other possibilities at the moment, I heard a rumor about something new that might open something. It's hard because there isn't much local and if I have to move for a job it needs to be full time so I can afford the move.
Thanks for this thread by the way. I'll be praying for everyone else. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have an interview on Wednesday for a part time job at a cafe.
Other than that the place I had been getting full time work from is still on "slow down" between contracts.

Hope the interview goes well!:thumbsup:

Your name isn't on the list. Would you like to be added to it?

Upvote 0

BlueJay83

sursum peragemus
Mar 3, 2011
Top of the South, NZ
✟8,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm applying for a job tonight.. please add me to the list.
It's a small town and in the last 4 years I haven't seen one job advertised in my field... today I saw 2 positions available.. so If it's Gods will for me to move there.. the job will be mine :D

Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's a small town and in the last 4 years I haven't seen one job advertised in my field... today I saw 2 positions available.. so If it's Gods will for me to move there.. the job will be mine :D

Added you to the list! Hope you get it!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I applied for a job on Friday I think it was. It was interesting how I stumbled upon it. I decided to go to the beach (the town I live in) and sat there for a good two hours. Thinking, journaling, praying, listening to the same blasted song over and over. I was thinking about how I needed to look for a job. That I needed distraction.

So when I was leaving, I walked by a local retail art gallery/touristy shop and saw that they were looking for someone. They're closed on the days I go to school so it's kinda perfect. They open late and close early so that's perfect too.

Anyway, I turned in a resume on Friday. I got a call today and the owner wants to meet with me tomorrow.

This can even turn into an opportunity where I can sell my art pieces, since the the ceramic work I've been doing lately is beach related. I really hope that the meeting tomorrow goes well and that I can get hired at this place. It would be perfect. In so many ways.

Sorry this post was so long. Probably TMI, not needing to be known but I've been in a rambling mood lately. It's pathetic.

Edited to add: I'm really hoping to get this job so I can save up for an oversees volunteer position that I would like to do.

Reactions: BlueJay83
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That would be wonderful. I assume it's where we talked about before?

Upvote 0

BlueJay83

sursum peragemus
Mar 3, 2011
Top of the South, NZ
✟8,826.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That would be wonderful. I assume it's where we talked about before?

yes indeedy! :)

If I don't get this one it's OK.. I'll keep looking, but i'd rather do this than working a checkout or something.

all the best with your application too.
it sounds like a good opportunity.. and if you get some commission for your artwork you could earn more than just your hourly rate.. (maybe get your foot in the door first?)
(hug)
I hope it goes well for you

Upvote 0