Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Changing the law has nothing to do with the 10 commandments. It's about no longer sacrificing animals.

Heb 10:
8 In this Scripture he first said, "You do not want sacrifices and offerings. You do not ask for burnt offerings and offerings to take away sins." (These are all sacrifices that the law commands.) 9 Then he said, "Look, I have come to do what you want." God ends the first system of sacrifices so he can set up the new system.

Christ as the sacrifice is the order of Melchisedek that we are all to tythe to with our obedience.

"I prefer obedience to sacrifice"

What was engraved in stone?:blush:

2 cor 3;7 Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, which was being brought to an end,

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What was engraved in stone?:blush:

2 cor 3;7 Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, which was being brought to an end,

The glory of the OT is fading. The NT shines out from within us. Glory means God expressed and it shined on Moses but the new glorious Lord abides and shines in transformation. That's what equipts the minister of the NC. The HS shining and teaching. Not mankind teaching. Living letters of Christ.
The glory that shines thru the Holy Spirit is not like that of the fading glory of moses.

the OC came in glory but the NC is here to remain.

When Jesus was transformed only He remained, not Moses or Elijah, so law and prophets are replaced by Jesus. God said at that time "This is my Son, listen to Him" And He said that the law and prophets are summed up in love the Lord and Nieghbour"

I don't know how you read the 10 commandments but to me they are summed up in those 2 commands.

As for the sabbath, Jesus didn't make it go away. He said abide in Him, so that's 24/7

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As for the sabbath, Jesus didn't make it go away. He said abide in Him, so that's 24/7
:thumbsup:
The SDAs seem to have a different view of that :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t7426870-25/#post53782480

*snip*

The commandment says "Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy." That's what the commandments says. I've asked already for a single verse of scripture that says to forget it.

I've yet to be given that. So you can continue on your anti-adventist/e.g white rant if you want, but until you show me the verse saying to not keep the sabbath holy, I won't be satisfied with a single thing you say.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:thumbsup:
The SDAs seem to have a different view of that :)

There are lots of threads for SDA's. The OP seems to have disappeared so I'm not sure what his intentions for the thread are. :)

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 10

1 The law is only an unclear picture of the good things coming in the future; it is not the real thing. ...2 If the law could make them perfect, the sacrifices would have already stopped... 8 In this Scripture he first said, "You do not want sacrifices and offerings. You do not ask for burnt offerings and offerings to take away sins." (These are all sacrifices that the law commands.) 9 Then he said, "Look, I have come to do what you want." God ends the first system of sacrifices so he can set up the new system.10 And because of this, we are made holy through the sacrifice Christ made in his body once and for all time.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The glory of the OT is fading. The NT shines out from within us. Glory means God expressed and it shined on Moses but the new glorious Lord abides and shines in transformation. That's what equipts the minister of the NC. The HS shining and teaching. Not mankind teaching. Living letters of Christ.
The glory that shines thru the Holy Spirit is not like that of the fading glory of moses.

the OC came in glory but the NC is here to remain.

When Jesus was transformed only He remained, not Moses or Elijah, so law and prophets are replaced by Jesus. God said at that time "This is my Son, listen to Him" And He said that the law and prophets are summed up in love the Lord and Nieghbour"

I don't know how you read the 10 commandments but to me they are summed up in those 2 commands.

Good words.I think the Sab is about resting in faith.I posted that about Moses,just to show how then 10,were a part of the ministry that is no more.:)

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good words.I think the Sab is about resting in faith.I posted that about Moses,just to show how then 10,were a part of the ministry that is no more.:)
It's just summed up in the new

The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
There are lots of threads for SDA's. The OP seems to have disappeared so I'm not sure what his intentions for the thread are. :)

he never went away, his intentions were to see what people perceived the NC to be.

I will expand the OP now...

if circumcision was the sign/witness of the covenant with our father Abraham and sabbath was the sign/witness on the covenant made with Israel at Sinai, what is the sign/witness of the NC?

Steve

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if circumcision was the sign/witness of the covenant with our father Abraham and sabbath was the sign/witness on the covenant made with Israel at Sinai, what is the sign/witness of the NC?
“While they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you; for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins. ” (Matthew 26:26–28, NASB95)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
he never went away, his intentions were to see what people perceived the NC to be.

I will expand the OP now...

Steve

Moses did have the circumcision as a sign . but it came from Abraham .

The sign of Abraham wasn't circumcision . (Ishmael got circumcised too but wasn't under that particular blessing) there was that covenant up in the mountain where he gave his son to the Lord in faith . the mark of Abraham's covenant was the marriage ceremony where he fell asleep during the consequences for violating the covenant part . because that's the part where Jesus stepped in much later .

Where we are today is the "trusting in God" covenant . and it is fulfilled in Jesus Christ . the sign is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the fruit that the Spirit bears .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Steve
circumcision of the heart is the signing of the covenent= repentance
the witness is a clear conscience found at the throne of grace

Heb 9:8 The Holy Spirit uses this to show that the way into the Most Holy Place was not open while the system of the old Holy Tent was still being used.9 This is an example for the present time. It shows that the gifts and sacrifices offered cannot make the conscience of the worshiper perfect.10 These gifts and sacrifices were only about food and drink and special washings. They were rules for the body, to be followed until the time of God's new way.

13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a cow are sprinkled on the people who are unclean, and this makes their bodies clean again.14 How much more is done by the blood of Christ. He offered himself through the eternal Spirit as a perfect sacrifice to God. His blood will make our consciences pure from useless acts so we may serve the living God. 15 For this reason Christ brings a new agreement from God to his people. Those who are called by God can now receive the blessings he has promised, blessings that will last forever. They can have those things because Christ died so that the people who lived under the first agreement could be set free from sin.

Upvote 0

RibI

Jul 31, 2009
✟1,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What happened to I John 3:23? And this is His commandment that we should believe on name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another as He gave us commandment. We are talking New Testament. Where do we find this commandment in the Old?
This is a summary of the last six commandments...the very spirit of them.

[quot=bugkiller]I want to understand what you are saying by quoting these verses:
1 Jo. 5:3For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
1 Jo. 2:4 He who says “I know Him” and does not keep His commandments is a LIAR and the truth is not in him.

Is it that we are to keep the 'Ten Commandments?' I think that is what you're saying. It really SHOUTS keep the Sabbath to me. If not what are you saying? Are you accussing those who don't keep the Sabbath of sinning? This is usually what law pushers are saying.

bugkiller[/quote]
Take them for what they are worth. They say what they say.

Upvote 0

RibI

Jul 31, 2009
✟1,531.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The weekly service day was changed to the scriptural offering day

1 Corinthians 16:2
On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.

This is not talking about changing the Sabbath.
This is talking about taking up a collection for the church members in Jerusalem who were going through a famine.

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
circumcision of the heart is the signing of the covenent= repentance the witness is a clear conscience found at the throne of grace

if this is the case and circumcision of the heart is the sign of the new covenant, how is it that circumcision of the heart is a part of the covenant made with Israel at Sinai.

Deut. 10v12And now, Israel, what does ADONAI your
God ask of you but to fear ADONAI your God, to
walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve
ADONAI your God with all your heart and with
all your soul, 13and to observe ADONAI’s commands
and decrees that I am giving you today for
your own good?

14To ADONAI your God belong the heavens,
even the highest heavens, the earth and everything
in it. 15Yet ADONAI set his affection on your
ancestors and loved them, and he chose you, their
descendants, above all the nations—as it is today.
16Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be
stiff-necked any longer.
17For ADONAI your God
is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God,
mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality
and accepts no bribes. 18He defends the cause of
the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigners
residing among you, giving them food
and clothing. 19And you are to love those who are
foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in
Egypt. 20Fear ADONAI your God and serve him.
Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name.

Steve

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is not talking about changing the Sabbath.
This is talking about taking up a collection for the church members in Jerusalem who were going through a famine.
Beware the Famine! :angel:

Reve 18:8 by this, in one day shall be arriving the blows of Her, death and sorrow and famine.
And in fire She shall be being burned, that strong Lord, the God, the one judging Her
[Luke 19:41,44/Reve 19:3]

Reve 19:3 And a second-time they have declared "allelouia and the Smoke of Her is ascending into the Ages of the Ages".
`
The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

*snip*
..............The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover....
[Matt 24:19]

.........Meanwhile the horrors of famine grew still more melancholy and afflictive.
The Jews, for want of food were at length compelled to eat their belts, their sandals, the skins of their shields, dried grass, and even the ordure of oxen.......
[Revelation 18:8/19:3]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There sure is a famine of the word around here.
Not sure what you mean :sorry:

Amos 8:11 "Behold! days are coming", declaration of my Lord YHWH, "and I send a famine in land, not a famine for bread, and not a thirst for waters, but rather for to hear of the words of YHWH"

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
if this is the case and circumcision of the heart is the sign of the new covenant, how is it that circumcision of the heart is a part of the covenant made with Israel at Sinai.

Deut. 10v12And now, Israel, what does ADONAI your
God ask of you but to fear ADONAI your God, to
walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve
ADONAI your God with all your heart and with
all your soul, 13and to observe ADONAI’s commands
and decrees that I am giving you today for
your own good?

14To ADONAI your God belong the heavens,
even the highest heavens, the earth and everything
in it. 15Yet ADONAI set his affection on your
ancestors and loved them, and he chose you, their
descendants, above all the nations—as it is today.
16Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be
stiff-necked any longer. 17For ADONAI your God
is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God,
mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality
and accepts no bribes. 18He defends the cause of
the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigners
residing among you, giving them food
and clothing. 19And you are to love those who are
foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in
Egypt. 20Fear ADONAI your God and serve him.
Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name.

Steve
Jesus said that was the sum of law and prophets

matt 22:36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

""It's just summed up in the new

The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." ""

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian