The New Covenant and Daniels 70th week...

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Congratulations Eb. Not one single sentence here is correct. Everything you wrote is erroneous. Now show me how all that fulfilled Daniel 9:24.

Daniel 9:24 GNT

“Seventy weeks are determined

For your people and for your holy city,

To finish the transgression,

To make an end of sins,

To make reconciliation for iniquity,

To bring in everlasting righteousness,

To seal up vision and prophecy,

And to anoint the Most Holy.

How did sin come to an end when they stoned Stephen? How did they anoint the Most Holy at the end of the 70th week when He already died on the cross in the middle of the week?

The first thing you need to do is show where I said Stephen’s stoning fulfilled Daniel 9:24. We can go on after you admit it was NEVER said.

Eb,

Have you figured out yet that Daniel 9:24 cannot be completed unless Romans 11 is fulfilled. Did you realized they're both about the Jewish people: descendants of Jacob? Romans 4:1-12 is about Abraham. Guess what century Abraham lived in? Did Abraham lived before or after Daniel wrote the prophecies of the 70th week?

You know prophecy is about the future while history is about the past right? ROFL! C'mon Eb, wake up!

Once again show anything in Romans 11 that has to do with Daniel 9:24. Just show anything in Romans 11 that’s taken from Daniel 9:24. Can you do that? I’m waiting.

You're way off the mark, thy clueless one. "Many are called, but few are CHOSEN" Matthew 25:14. Not every Christian is chosen.

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Those chosen are the ones who love God. Not every Christian is an elect. Does every Christian obey Christ and do His work in their daily lives? Yeah those lukewarm Christians are definite elects, as well as those professing Christians. The term elect primarily refers to the 144,000 who are not yet Christians. They are the elect because they are chosen and sealed from amongst the descendant of Jacob, those promised by God who will be saved. Those are His elects, not all Christians. Not all Christian will go to heaven during the tribulation.

Interesting that you didn’t point out the last part of Romans 8:28…you know??? That’s the part that says “to those who are called ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE”. What you do is “tap dance” around that which refutes what you think. God did the calling…and it was according to HIS PURPOSE!

Accept all of scripture Psalm 3704. Also did you read read Romans 8:29, 30? I wonder why not…it’s all scripture. Do you want to be right to suit yourself, OR do you want to accept what scripture says?

Eb,

Guess what? Your link backfired. It confirmed my statement above. Those chosen before the foundation of the world are those who loves God. Even John Calvin whom I disagree agrees with me.

Even to them who according to his purpose, etc. This clause seems to have been added as a modification, lest any one should think that the faithful, because they love God, obtain by their own merit the advantage of deriving such fruit from their adversities. We indeed know that when salvation is the subject, men are disposed to begin with themselves, and to imagine certain preparations by which they would anticipate the favor of God. Hence Paul teaches us, that those whom he had spoken of as loving God, had been previously chosen by him.

LOL. Got any more links?

Have you read that…or did you read into it? It certainly doesn’t agree with you. You think it does because you do superficial reading of scripture. If God chose them guess what? They’re PREDESTINED! Once again…don’t just read Romans 8:28…because 8:29, 30 are equally part of the passage. Those are the parts you ignore…which leaves you in error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Eb,

Do you have old timer's disease?

The first thing you need to do is show where I said Stephen’s stoning fulfilled Daniel 9:24. We can go on after you admit it was NEVER said.

You said it on Monday, post #189. You said: "As I read scripture the 70th week ends with the stoning of Stephen."

Quoted below.

Keep in mind I have NEVER said Daniel's 70th week happened in 70 AD. You cannot find anywhere I said that. As I read scripture the 70th week ends with the stoning of Stephen. It is after Stephen was stoned that God scattered the church in Jerusalem, with the exception of the apostles, as Acts 8:1-3 points out. Jesus dies on the cross in the middle of the 70th week.

Hello, Earth to Eb?

What do you think Daniel 9:24 is?

Where do you think the prophecy of Daniel's 70th week is from?

Daniel 9:24
To make an end of sins,

Once again show anything in Romans 11 that has to do with Daniel 9:24. Just show anything in Romans 11 that’s taken from Daniel 9:24. Can you do that? I’m waiting.

And I showed you this 11 days ago on Oct 25th. Post #154 http://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-new-covenant-and-daniels-70th-week.7908875/page-8

Quoted below.

Eb, are you still sour from your surgery down there that you forgot to post a scripture to defend your rubbish? Not even an explanation of how Christ accomplished it?

Romans 11:26-27 NKJV
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;

27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

As far as I see it, Romans 11:26-27 is still future till Christ returns. So Eb, you're wrong, Period! And do you know why you're wrong Eb? Your preterist thinking has you believing Christ already returned in 70 AD.

Interesting that you didn’t point out the last part of Romans 8:28…you know??? That’s the part that says “to those who are called ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE”. What you do is “tap dance” around that which refutes what you think. God did the calling…and it was according to HIS PURPOSE!

Because it's getting redundant.

Have you read that…or did you read into it? It certainly doesn’t agree with you. You think it does because you do superficial reading of scripture. If God chose them guess what? They’re PREDESTINED! Once again…don’t just read Romans 8:28…because 8:29, 30 are equally part of the passage. Those are the parts you ignore…which leaves you in error.

Read the scriptures Eb. verse 29-30 applies to the same group of people in verse 28: those who love Him. Nothing's change, not even the amount of errors you keep making.

Romans 8:28-30
28 We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him, those whom he has called according to his purpose. 29 Those whom God had already chosen he also set apart to become like his Son, so that the Son would be the first among many believers. 30 And so those whom God set apart, he called; and those he called, he put right with himself, and he shared his glory with them.

Eb,

I hate to tell you this but it didn't happen in 70 AD. That's just a business doctrine people made up to get you to buy their books.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Eb,

Do you have old timer's disease?

You said it on Monday, post #189. You said: "As I read scripture the 70th week ends with the stoning of Stephen."

Quoted below.

Hello, Earth to Eb?

What do you think Daniel 9:24 is?

Where do you think the prophecy of Daniel's 70th week is from?

Daniel 9:24
To make an end of sins,
This is not saying the stoning of Stephen fulfilled the 70th week! It's stating when the 70th week ENDED. If this is how you read scripture, I see why you're so off course with scripture. I said Daniel 9:24 is fulfilled by Christ...see post #153.

And I showed you this 11 days ago on Oct 25th. Post #154 http://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-new-covenant-and-daniels-70th-week.7908875/page-8

Quoted below.

Because it's getting redundant.

Read the scriptures Eb. verse 29-30 applies to the same group of people in verse 28: those who love Him. Nothing's change, not even the amount of errors you keep making.

Romans 8:28-30
28 We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him, those whom he has called according to his purpose. 29 Those whom God had already chosen he also set apart to become like his Son, so that the Son would be the first among many believers. 30 And so those whom God set apart, he called; and those he called, he put right with himself, and he shared his glory with them.
Eb,

I hate to tell you this but it didn't happen in 70 AD. That's just a business doctrine people made up to get you to buy their books.
The point you missed (and continue to miss) is this is all according to GOD'S PURPOSE...therefore you, nor I nor anyone that is saved can do nothing but be thankful to God. Perhaps I need to break it down for you using your poor translation above:

28 We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him, those whom he has called according to his purpose.
God called them Psalm3704...therefore it's GOD doing it!

29 Those whom God had already chosen he also set apart to become like his Son, so that the Son would be the first among many believers.
God had ALREADY CHOSEN THEM Psalm3704...therefore if He had chosen them already (foreknew). Have you EVER done any word study? The word "foerknew" is the Greek word "proginōskō" ...this is it's meaning using Blue Letter Bible:
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4267&t=NASB

30 And so those whom God set apart, he called; and those he called, he put right with himself, and he shared his glory with them.

This verse is where your "GNT" translation gets sloppy because the "setting apart" of a believer is SANCTIFICATION, and that is not what the passage states. It states that God PREDESTINED them, which is the Greek word "proorizō" which is a far cry from saying God set them apart. It mean God PRE-DETERMINED them. Blue Letter Bible make that clear:
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4309&t=NASB

What you ought to do Psalm3704 is get into the scriptures...and not play fast and loose with God's word. I'm sure you have no clue that you're showing how poorly you read scripture.

I leave you with a link to list of translations of Romans 8:30...so you could see how POORLY the GNT paraphrased the verse:
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Romans 8:30

You should start with reading a good translation...OR...understanding what translation you have. The GNT is not very good...and I can see why you have such distorted understanding of scripture.

What's really *redundant* is you demonstrating how much you don't understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is not saying the stoning of Stephen fulfilled the 70th week! It's stating when the 70th week ENDED.

So how do you fulfilled the prophecy of 70th week if it ended already?

How do you end any prophecy unfulfilled?

Time to head back to the preterist chalk board and think up a new rebuttal. Don't worry about how absorb it sounds. I know it won't make any sense.

The point you missed (and continue to miss) is this is all according to GOD'S PURPOSE...therefore you, nor I nor anyone that is saved can do nothing but be thankful to God. Perhaps I need to break it down for you using your poor translation above:

28 We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him, those whom he has called according to his purpose.
God called them Psalm3704...therefore it's GOD doing it!

29 Those whom God had already chosen he also set apart to become like his Son, so that the Son would be the first among many believers.
God had ALREADY CHOSEN THEM Psalm3704...therefore if He had chosen them already (foreknew). Have you EVER done any word study? The word "foerknew" is the Greek word "proginōskō" ...this is it's meaning using Blue Letter Bible:
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4267&t=NASB

30 And so those whom God set apart, he called; and those he called, he put right with himself, and he shared his glory with them.

This verse is where your "GNT" translation gets sloppy because the "setting apart" of a believer is SANCTIFICATION, and that is not what the passage states. It states that God PREDESTINED them, which is the Greek word "proorizō" which is a far cry from saying God set them apart. It mean God PRE-DETERMINED them. Blue Letter Bible make that clear:
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4309&t=NASB

What you ought to do Psalm3704 is get into the scriptures...and not play fast and loose with God's word. I'm sure you have no clue that you're showing how poorly you read scripture.

I leave you with a link to list of translations of Romans 8:30...so you could see how POORLY the GNT paraphrased the verse:
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Romans 8:30

You should start with reading a good translation...OR...understanding what translation you have. The GNT is not very good...and I can see why you have such distorted understanding of scripture.

What's really *redundant* is you demonstrating how much you don't understand.

How does all this prove the 70th week ended? If the question was too hard, we can always try an easier question.

How about, "What tribe are you from?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What time?
16:30. (Hey, if your lot can just make up stuff wholesale and call it "The clear teaching of Scripture", why should't I?) Just don't ever ask a Dispy to do math for you. LOL

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
16:30. (Hey, if your lot can just make up stuff wholesale and call it "The clear teaching of Scripture", why should't I?) Just don't ever ask a Dispy to do math for you. LOL

Hey Dispy, they didn't use military hours back then.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So how do you fulfilled the prophecy of 70th week if it ended already?

How do you end any prophecy unfulfilled?
By reading your bible carefully.
Time to head back to the preterist chalk board and think up a new rebuttal. Don't worry about how absorb it sounds. I know it won't make any sense.
What it's time to do is realize how far off the mark you really are. It doesn't make sense to you the same way Jesus didn't make sense to those during His ministry.
How does all this prove the 70th week ended? If the question was too hard, we can always try an easier question.
Can you show where I said any of that proves the 70 weeks ended? Remember it was you that ventured into Romans 11, which has NOTHING to do with Daniel 9:24.
How about, "What tribe are you from?"
Once again missing the understanding Psalm3704??? Why did John see a great multitude AFTER hearing the numbering of the 144,000? Have you ever asked yourself why didn't John SEE the 144,000?

Read the passage...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
By reading your bible carefully.

That still doesn't tell us how any prophecies can end being unfulfilled

So how do you fulfilled the prophecy of 70th week if it ended already? How do you end any prophecy unfulfilled?

Can you show where I said any of that proves the 70 weeks ended? Remember it was you that ventured into Romans 11, which has NOTHING to do with Daniel 9:24.

No, because I've already done it 3 times this week and you're still stuck on 1st base.

Here's my new advice on understand the bible: "By reading your bible carefully."

Once again missing the understanding Psalm3704??? Why did John see a great multitude AFTER hearing the numbering of the 144,000? Have you ever asked yourself why didn't John SEE the 144,000?

Read the passage...

John was in heaven ya ole fart! Lol. The 144,000 are on earth. The great multitude is in heaven. That's why John heard the voice in heaven to seal the 144,000. He hasn't been taken down yet to see the visions ahead of what will happen on earth during the tribulation. John is still in the throne room.

Eb? Eb? Eb? What am I to do with you? Ya alright ole man.

Revelation 7:4-9
4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:

5 of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed;
6 of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed;
7 of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed;
8 of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

Let's try a more easier topic for you. How many preterist does it take to screw a light bulb?

Upvote 0

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Link? Proof? Scripture?

You didn't think I would take your word that easily did you?.

Argumentative forums tend to bring out the ‘lazy’ in me. :yawn: I just state the facts and if the belligerent don’t agree, I just let them think what they like. Google it for yourself young fella. Our day is from midnight, but the Hebrew day has always been from sunset to sunset. (6pm approx)

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Argumentative forums tend to bring out the ‘lazy’ in me. :yawn: I just state the facts and if the belligerent don’t agree, I just let them think what they like. Google it for yourself young fella. Our day is from midnight, but the Hebrew day has always been from sunset to sunset. (6pm approx)

Okay, not a problem. We'll just hold your view and opinions inconclusive. I didn't realize it was so difficult to post a bible verse?

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That still doesn't tell us how any prophecies can end being unfulfilled

So how do you fulfilled the prophecy of 70th week if it ended already? How do you end any prophecy unfulfilled?
It won't be by continuing to be ignorant of what scripture says...and that's what you're doing.

No, because I've already done it 3 times this week and you're still stuck on 1st base.

Here's my new advice on understand the bible: "By reading your bible carefully."
What you've actually done is practice evasion tactics...but if it make you feel better...good for you.

John was in heaven ya ole fart! Lol. The 144,000 are on earth. The great multitude is in heaven. That's why John heard the voice in heaven to seal the 144,000. He hasn't been taken down yet to see the visions ahead of what will happen on earth during the tribulation. John is still in the throne room.
John was in a vision...that's correct...the problem you have is understanding the vision. John wrote what he saw and you simply can't read it properly.
Eb? Eb? Eb? What am I to do with you? Ya alright ole man.

Revelation 7:4-9
4 And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:

5 of the tribe of Judah twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Gad twelve thousand were sealed;
6 of the tribe of Asher twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Naphtali twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Manasseh twelve thousand were sealed;
7 of the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Levi twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand were sealed;
8 of the tribe of Zebulun twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Joseph twelve thousand were sealed;
of the tribe of Benjamin twelve thousand were sealed.

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,
Think a little bit instead of reveling in your ignorance.

If you even thought for a minute you might get a clue. Every time John hears something in his vision he turn to look and see what that he heard represents. It happens throughout Revelation. After the 144,000 he heard he looks and sees what that represents, which is ALL OF THE REDEEMED of God Psalm3704. Remember how many times the NT scriptures tell you at salvation you were SEALED for the day of redemption or clothed in the righteousness of Christ?

One day...you're gonna really learn to read scripture.
Let's try a more easier topic for you. How many preterist does it take to screw a light bulb?
However many it takes, you can cube that number, and that's how many more of you it takes than preterist.

Paul will pat you on the head in heaven after Christ has returned the reign to the Father and say "you poor misguided child of the Father, do you understand now that it's all over?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Therefore, there is not going to be a future 70th week of Daniel in which God will go back to dealing with the Israelites under the Old Covenant.

I understand that the 70th week of Daniel ended in 70 A.D. with the destruction of Jerusalem, the Temple, and all the Jewish people living there. Is this your thinking also?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand that the 70th week of Daniel ended in 70 A.D. with the destruction of Jerusalem, the Temple, and all the Jewish people living there. Is this your thinking also?

Based on the text, and the recent work of scholars, the 69th week ended at the baptism of Christ, which was His anointing.

We also know His ministry was about 3 1/2 years, which is one half week of years.

The Gospel was taken to the Jews for another 3 1/2 years through the Holy Spirit working in the disciples.

Before Stephen was stoned, he reviewed the whole history of the Jews and told them they had killed their Messiah. He was killed because they did not want to hear the truth. It was no accident that Paul was there that day. He would be the instrument God would use to take the Gospel to the Gentiles after the 70 weeks.

The following articles contain the details.

Who Confirmed The Covenant?
http://christianmediaresearch.com/node/1023

Daniel’s 70 Weeks
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/14-daniels-prophecy-of-the-seventy-weeks

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Based on the text, and the recent work of scholars, the 69th week ended at the baptism of Christ, which was His anointing.

We also know His ministry was about 3 1/2 years, which is one half week of years.

The Gospel was taken to the Jews for another 3 1/2 years through the Holy Spirit working in the disciples.

Before Stephen was stoned, he reviewed the whole history of the Jews and told them they had killed their Messiah. He was killed because they did not want to hear the truth. It was no accident that Paul was there that day. He would be the instrument God would use to take the Gospel to the Gentiles after the 70 weeks.

The following articles contain the details.

Who Confirmed The Covenant?
http://christianmediaresearch.com/node/1023

Daniel’s 70 Weeks
https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/14-daniels-prophecy-of-the-seventy-weeks

Thank you! Much appreciated. :)

Upvote 0