the most emotionally provoking anime(s) you've ever seen

Angelo

Warrior of Zion
Aug 17, 2002
Visit site
✟377.00
Faith
Christian
That would go to End of Evangelion... which was by far the most emotionally depressing movie I had seen in a long time. I felt just plain empty when I finished watching it. If I were suffering from depression at the time, I probably would have commit suicide after watching it. Yeah not a movie I would recommend anyone watch... though enjoyable...

Upvote 0

alliedone

Animeone
Feb 6, 2004
✟283.00
Faith
Christian
Well the OAV of Kenshin was worse than the movie....especially if you've seen the tv series first...

Dog of Flanders- how rich society looks down on poor people

Barefoot Gen- another Hiroshima story..very sad

Akachan to Boku [baby and me]- just the life of a young boy and how he has to take care of his little brother after the death of their mother. He's 10 and his little brother is about 1 year or 2 years old. terrible tear jerker

Saikano [she the ultimate weapon]- when having a weapon of mass destruction as an expeirment, you can see how death affects young people in a different way. This series really disturbed me.

Gunparade March- another anime about war and young people. Death and dying. It's sad coz when you get to like a certain character, they go and die on you. :(

I'm not sure what emotions you were asking for..but for something really funny Jungle wa itsumo Hale guu and Azumanga Daioh. Had me cracking up for a long time. Really funny. LOL

Upvote 0

ThePhoenix

Aug 12, 2003
✟5,476.00
Faith
Christian
Cowboy Bebop - I just sast there and stared at the TV for minutes after that ended. That one hurt me. I love the series, and the end, well, rewatching the series it gave it a different tone after that.

Rah Xephon episode 19 - How do I describe this? That was like the end of Eva without the horrible suicidal depression. He goes on, but...

Lain - ARISU DIDN'T REMEMBER HER!

Upvote 0

alliedone

Animeone
Feb 6, 2004
✟283.00
Faith
Christian
I forgot about Perfect Blue as well. That was a little rather shocking....when you have an obsessed fan. Kinda reminded me a little bit of that spanish singer that got killed? I forgot her name.... :scratch: Oh Perfect Blue is not for kids. It's very violent and has a very violent rape scene in it. I'm wondering if that was even apporpriate for the anime to begin with :confused:

Upvote 0

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
Well there are at least a few I can think of:

Neon Genesis Evangelion. The whole series and not just the movie. The movie was really depressing but it also made you mad cuz they failed to explain lots of stuff. The series on the other hand made me really ****ed off from time to time because Shinji is just so darn pathetic.

Now Then Here and There is another rather depressing anime in many parts and it also gets you really mad at times.

Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu. Lol. Really funny :D

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
ThePhoenix said:
Rah Xephon episode 19 - How do I describe this? That was like the end of Eva without the horrible suicidal depression. He goes on, but...

i'm currently watching RahXephon but am putting it on hold because it's tooo mysterious! glad to know there's a good episode that is not as depressing as it can get!

any emotions, alliedone. For really funny ones to watch especially during sad and depressing time, try "Slayers".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ozanaki tori

rebel sodville
Feb 9, 2004
Utah
Visit site
✟7,980.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
hm..

Cowboy Bebop, because of the ending. Ed's leaving was also very emotional. In a good way.

Naruto..there have been numerous episodes where I've teared up (or even cried, such as the end of the Zabuza saga). I think it's because the characters are all so well done. The stuff with Lee during the exam really got my emotions going too.

Reactions: Blessed-one
Upvote 0

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
The_Smell said:
do the animatrix series count (from the matrix)?? Cos if they do i love the story 'Beyond' in the series. The drawing isn't great, but the story behind it is truely animie like ;) :cool:

Does it coun't as anime? Yes. Does it count as emotionally provoking? If you think so ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
ozanaki tori said:
Naruto..there have been numerous episodes where I've teared up (or even cried, such as the end of the Zabuza saga). I think it's because the characters are all so well done. The stuff with Lee during the exam really got my emotions going too.

Naruto! how did i forget about this series?? absolutely tears your heart now and then, and wait, there's more to come if you were reading ahead on the manga. :cry:

Upvote 0

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
weezerwannabe said:
Ever heard of Gundam Seed? I was depressed for about 3 days after I watched that series.

Yup, seen most of it (not the last 5 eps). There is a character there too that made me really mad. Think she was called Frey... just wish Kira would take his Gundam and stomp her with it :D

Upvote 0

SqueakyGerbil

Aug 6, 2003
British Columbia
Visit site
✟15,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-NDP
I would have to say Evangelion, the series not the movie. That one had parts where I just felt hollow afterwards.
And Naruto, because that one just makes me feel amazing levels of a whole range of emotions. The manga takes that to even farther extremes (Finally getting close to the episodes dealing with my favorite part of the whole manga to date).

Upvote 0