✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That free will exists
AMEN! Did Paul exorcize his "freewill" on the road to Damascus? Did Moses use his freewill to deliver the Jews out of Egypt? Was Jonah using his freewill to be vomited out of a fish onto the shores of Nineveh?

When I took Jesus by the hand, I left my freewill behind as useless excess baggage!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That free will exists

I would refine that a bit, and say, that Libertarian Free Will exists.

Sinful men are free to choose what sinful men desire; however, sinful men do not desire God, so they cannot (because the *will* not) come to Him.

We have to be careful to explain what we mean when we say that men don't have free will otherwise people think we are saying that people are nothing more than robots or puppets.

Reactions: ICONO'CLAST
Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Well yeah Saul used freewill. If he didn't he would have murdered every last Christian he found.

What's separates him from everyone else was the fact that his whole life was for God. He thought he was doing what God wanted and saw the Christians with a false profit destroying his religion. Pentaly was death.

So on that road to Damascus he also showed freewill. He had to change his name to Paul to show Christians that he well came in peace cause if they knew who he was they would run.

Paul showed a lot of freewill cause everything that man went thru. Well I may have quit and hide in the mountains. Not cause of lack of faith but really you want that life? I'm glad Paul did it but his faith and freewill kept him going. Lots of people would have failed. Guess that's why God choose him.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,688.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I think the most common theological error I see is deciding that the Bible does not really mean what it says and says what it means. It's the liberal theology that seeks to make the OT nothing but a bunch of tables and the NT writers truly ignorant. This is far too common , but not eternally dangerous to the believer because your salvation is not based on it. Although it could be said that it is dangerous to the unbeliever as this theology plays right into many unbelievers hands and gives them another excuse why they shouldn't trust that the Bible says.

The most DANGEROUS theology is the theology that says we can live sinful lives and still be saved. That we do not have to strive for holiness and obedience, but can live however we want and still get to heaven in the end. It's dangerous because eternal souls are at stake.

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, yes you are right, Paul was using his freewill just to be on that road! However, he was stopped without a choice. And he did hide for awhile.

Unless anyone thinks, "I set before you life and death"; yeah, as if that death thing is such a great choice!

Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yeah I can't say at all if there was a list of people for Paul's job. It was really powerful in his face. But so was Jesus to the jews. Did you understand Jesus well mostly when you read the bible 1st time?

I do know Paul was at the top of the list. If there was one.

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The most DANGEROUS theology is the theology that says we can live sinful lives and still be saved.
Agreed! But, actually if we look at "saved" as deliverance unto God's promised zOE-life, right here, right now, within our own living lives before God, in spite of circumstance, hardships, persecutions, stresses, straights; then "sinful", or rather wayward, off-course, wrong-way would be counter productive, useless and an impossible vehicle!

Reactions: Jwlickliter
Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first thing I was taught about Jesus was from my mother starting before I could read. And yes, I understood what she meant. Jesus was my bestest but invisible Friend. I would take Him out on bike rides and show Him all the beauty, all the totally cool, all the curious things I see and have a chat. I think I charmed Him. We've been bestest friends ever since. And now, I'm His favorite!

Reactions: Jwlickliter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Whoa that is so awesome. As a child I cussed a lot around friends. Well I was a bad kid and said gd a lot. So one day I made a promise to God no strings attach I will stop saying that for 1 year. I wanted to do that for God. Must have heard something the preacher said?

Well I failed after 3 days. So I wanted to do it again same deal. Not really a deal I'm doing it for him.

I went over a year.

Reactions: Haipule
Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bet your glad that years over! I couldn't do it! I mean Geez,...see what I mean?

When I was 16 my mother married a pastor of a non-denomination church. A man I met when I was 9. I went hog heaven into his library! Well, that's my excuse!

Upvote 0

Jwlickliter

Jul 19, 2017
Bryan
✟10,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bet your glad that years over! I couldn't do it! I mean Geez,...see what I mean?

When I was 16 my mother married a pastor of a non-denomination church. A man I met when I was 9. I went hog heaven into his library! Well, that's my excuse!

Lol that's funny. I'm going to bed now. Not my usual hour. Send me a friends request.

Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟972,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about maybe self-flagellation of the intellectual kind? Concepts of individual freedom have caused westerners, and I think western Christians, to spin their wheels lamenting weaknesses and hypocrisies to the point of not focusing on what drives truth, and for Christians, what drives the Faith of the Body, and by extension, the individual. This type of political correctness hamstrings faith-expression and paints a weak Deity for young people--who are not impressed.

Reactions: Haipule
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

I know there are people that believe such things...they were called heresies in the early Church. You believe He was a created being and only human, yet Scripture says He existed eternally with The Father (Colossians 1:17, John 3:13).

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The biographies I checked say that he learned Greek in college.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Your faith is based upon natural academic understanding. I have no doubt that you have the new birth but it seems you would benefit from the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. Your view would drastically change after that.

Upvote 0