USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've noticed through the years that some get confused when reading the Isaiah 14 section about Lucifer, and with some Bible versions calling him the morning star, while our Lord Jesus is The Morning Star per Revelation 22:16.

Really, just paying close attention to what God is saying there through Isaiah makes it easy to understand that Satan is definitely not... The Morning Star (Jesus). But Satan wants to be, which is why God uses his own words to mock him.

Isa 14:4
4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
KJV

In that Isaiah 14 chapter God told Isaiah to take up a proverb against the king of Babylon. That means this is allegory about Satan because the KJV translators used the name "Lucifer" for Satan in the Isaiah 14:12 verse for clarity. The actual Hebrew in the manuscripts though is 'morning star'. But our Lord Jesus is The Morning Star (Rev.22:16), so what gives?

The answer is, one must remember that God is mocking... Satan in these verses. God is using Satan's own words to mock him with. Satan wants... to be The Morning Star, the another Jesus. Yet Satan is definitely not... The Morning Star, Jesus is. Satan isn't even a little morning star. The idea is that Satan wants to be worshiped in place of God. And that is one of the most important parts of God's Message here through Isaiah.

Isa 14:12-15
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
KJV

In the KJV Bible it's easy to know who God was talking about because the KJV translators put "Lucifer" there along with the idea of "son of the morning" or morning star. In other Bible translations it's not so easy to distinguish the difference:

The NIV
Isa 14:12
12 How you have fallen from heaven,
O morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
you who once laid low the nations!
NIV

Isa 14:12
12 "How you are fallen from heaven,
O Day Star, son of Dawn!
How you are cut down to the ground,
you who laid the nations low!
RSV

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The answer is actually even simpler. In Isaiah the term "morning star" (Lucifer in Latin) is being used ironically to refer to a Babylonian king who had very inflated ego. There is no reference to Satan there at all. In Revelation the same term is used in a different sense to refer to Jesus as light coming into the world.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The meaning of [heylel] is shining. It is the root Hebrew word [halal], literally to be clear, and by extension that which is transparent or has a shine. I do not believe that it is really as complicated as many people would make it out to be. A near literal reading of this sentence would be:

"How art thou fallen from heaven shining son of the morning! Thou art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

It's a spiritual allegory of sorts, the portent of which is to illustrate the Satanic falling away of those who have rule over God's people and did corrupt the nations, prefigured as Babylon, and their king as Satan. They are symbolized even as stars and their king as Satan that is falling from his place in heaven.

Isaiah 14:13
  • "For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:"
It is a man, ruled by Satan, as he sits to rule in the congregation. There really is no contradiction here or confusion in him being called a "Shinning son of the Morning" fallen from heaven. He is not pictured as the Morning Star, Christ. He is pictured or prefigured as the son of the Morning Star. In other words, they are the corporate sons of God, the professed false prophets, and christs. In other words, a son of God in the external sense. And if we search through scripture carefully we will learn that all "professing Christians" are spoken of symbolically or allegorically as being stars in heaven. Daniel and Revelation are some clear examples. So the only problem with this language of Isaiah is that which some people choose to create for themselves. The Lord speaks through scripture in parables, allegories, figures, and with symbolism. When we profess Christ we are called sons of God because He is the Son of God. When we profess Christ we are called Messengers because Christ is the Messenger. When we profess Christ we are called Israel because Christ is the Israel of God. When we profess Christ we are called stars because Christ is the Star. When we profess Christ we are called the light of the world because Christ is the Light of the world. There is no great mystery here. God is prefiguring a falling away. And it's no mystery that the language sounds a lot like that found in 2nd Thessalonians Chapter 2 and in Revelation Chapter 18 of the fall of Babylon (The Church).

Isaiah 14:12-15
  • "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
  • For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
  • I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
  • Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit[/i]."
For example, the shining star falling from heaven because he wanted to be like God is symbolism for those professing ChristThe meaning of [heylel] is shinning. It is from the root Hebrew word [halal], literally to be clear, and by extension that which is transparent or has a shine. I do not believe that it is really as complicated as many people would make it out to be. A near literal reading of this sentence would be:

"How art thou fallen from heaven shinning son of the morning! Thou art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

It's a spiritual allegory of sorts, the portent of which is to illustrate the Satanic falling away of those who have rule over God's people and did corrupt the nations, prefigured as Babylon, and their king as Satan. They are symbolized even as stars and their king as Satan that is falling from his place in heaven.

Isaiah 14:13
  • "For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:"
It is a man, ruled by Satan, as he sits to rule in the congregation. There really is no contradiction here or confusion in him being called a "Shining son of the Morning" fallen from heaven. He is not pictured as the Morning Star, Christ. He is pictured or prefigured as the professed son of the Morning Star. In other words, a son of God in the external sense. And if we search through scripture carefully we will learn that all "professing Christians" are spoken of symbolically or allegorically as being stars in heaven. Daniel and Revelation are some clear examples. So the only problem with this language of Isaiah is that which some people choose to create for themselves. The Lord speaks through scripture in parables, allegories, figures, and with symbolism. For exmaple:

1.) When we profess Christ we are called sons of God because He is the Son of God. When we profess Christ we are called Messengers because Christ is the Messenger.

2.) When we profess Christ we are called Israel because Christ is the Israel of God. When we profess Christ we are called stars because Christ is the Star.

3.) When we profess Christ we are called the light of the world because Christ is the Light of the world.​

There is no great mystery here. God is prefiguring a falling away here. And it's no mystery that the language sounds a lot like that found in 2nd Thessalonians Chapter 2 and in Revelation Chapter 18 of the fall of Babylon (The Church).

Isaiah 14:12-15
  • "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
  • For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
  • I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
  • Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit[/i]."
For example, the shining star falling from heaven because he wanted to be like God is symbolism for those professing Christ, those in the Church that is spiritually Babylon, who have fallen away (Apostasy) and who ruled in God's house "as if" they were God. They forsook His word and counseled according to what seemed right in their own eyes. They corrupted God's word with their own definitions and explanations. As such, they are ruled of Satan and are as stars falling from heaven to the earth. They made themselves to be as God. Even as Israel did, and even as many are doing today. They are the sons of the morning, the stars falling from heaven. God hath given judgment to His elect. those in the Church that is spiritually Babylon, who have fallen away (Apostasy) and who ruled in God's house "as if" they were God. They forsook His word and counseled according to what seemed right in their own eyes. They corrupted God's word with their own definitions and explanations. As such, they are ruled of Satan and are as stars falling from heaven to the earth. They made themselves to be as God. Even as Israel did, and even as many false prophets and Christs are doing today. They are the sons of the morning, the stars falling from heaven. God sees them collectively as Lucifer! God hath given judgment to His elect.

Upvote 0