Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,331.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have unblocked you like I said I was.
Good for you. But since you don’t seem to understand what an argument is, what logical fallacies are, or when they’re to be used, I don’t see a point in continuing.

I personally don’t think you’re going to persuade anyone with your argument, but I wish you luck in your endeavors. As for myself, I’ll be using this thread to show people on the fence why the argument doesn’t work.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good for you. But since you don’t seem to understand what an argument is, what logical fallacies are, or when they’re to be used, I don’t see a point in continuing.

I personally don’t think you’re going to persuade anyone with your argument, but I wish you luck in your endeavors. As for myself, I’ll be using this thread to show people on the fence why the argument doesn’t work.
that is a poisoning the well fallacy. Just because I have used a illogical argument in the past (hypothetically speaking), does not mean that I would use it all the time, or in the future. So that would be a fallacy as well. I thank you for your time on this thread, I sincerely hope and pray that you find faith in Jesus. It is amazing and wonderful to hear story after story of Jesus turning people’s lives around, bringing them out of despair, setting them free from drugs, restoring marriages and changing lives. You can be part of that. The first step is coming to this forum, the second step is opening your mind toward God. Then the third step would be admitting you are a sinner, and in need of salvation. Turning from any known sin. And believing and accepting Christ as your saviour is the last step. IT is a free gift, not of works. It's the best investment one can do in their life. Is to invest in the eternal Gospel. (supernatural and powerful).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,331.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
that is a poisoning the well fallacy. Just because I have used a illogical argument in the past (hypothetically speaking), does not mean that I would use it all the time, or in the future. So that would be a fallacy as well.

Sigh...

No, there’s no fallacies in what I wrote because it wasn’t an argument. That fact that keep having to explain this is why I’m unwilling to discuss any of this with you anymore.

I thank you for your time on this thread, I sincerely hope and pray that you find faith in Jesus. It is amazing and wonderful to hear story after story of Jesus turning people’s lives around, bringing them out of despair, setting them free from drugs, restoring marriages and changing lives. You can be part of that. The first step is coming to this forum, the second step is opening your mind toward God. Then the third step would be admitting you are a sinner, and in need of salvation. Turning from any known sin. And believing and accepting Christ as your saviour is the last step. IT is a free gift, not of works. It's the best investment one can do in their life. Is to invest in the eternal Gospel. (supernatural and powerful).

I may be wrong, but I thought that proselytizing was a no no in this sub forum...

And why would I believe in something that I see no evidence for?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sigh...

No, there’s no fallacies in what I wrote because it wasn’t an argument. That fact that keep having to explain this is why I’m unwilling to discuss any of this with you anymore.

I may be wrong, but I thought that proselytizing was a no no in this sub forum...

And why would I believe in something that I see no evidence for?
So you are ok with making non argument fallacies just because you are not in debate mode? Logic is something you should practice at all time, not just on the clock. I have read the forum rules, because it is a christian site, of course proselytizing a christain faith is perfectly acceptable. so far I have not seen many truthful statements, just fallacy. If you think you can make fallacies all day, and get away with it, think again. The rules plainly state: any denigration of the views, character or intelligence of another member will not be accepted under the site rules on flaming. That is disregard less of if you are making an argument or not. This is your last warning. I will permanently block you if you flame again, or use fallacy again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,331.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So you are ok with making non argument fallacies just because you are not in debate mode? Logic is something you should practice at all time, not just on the clock. If you can point to the rules where it says no proselytizing allowed, then I will read and learn. But so far I have not seen many truthful statements, just fallacy. I could be wrong however.
The phrase “non argument fallacies” is an oxymoron. And you can just as easily look up the rules as I can.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The phrase “non argument fallacies” is an oxymoron. And you can just as easily look up the rules as I can.
Like I said, using logic is not something you can just turn off when you want to flame someone off the record. I have blocked you from further posts, permanently. Again I believe if you opened your mind up to Jesus, repented of sin and accepted Him. These answers would auto correct for you. Right now you are forced to believe life came from an electrocuted mud puddle, that the universe was caused by nothing, and that there is no purpose for life. God has created you on purpose, and for a purpose. If you humble yourself, and realize that without Jesus you are headed for eternal hell, turn your life to Jesus, and accept Him. you will be saved. Right now, you are not in a logical framework, you are forced to live with so many contradictions that it creates logical errors in any given comment you make. I believe you don't have logical answers against the case I presented about the moral law, so you resorted to mocking, belittling, trying to make me feel small. These are logical errors, even if you are not making an argument. Anyway, good luck on your endeavors. I am afraid we will not talk again. I hope and pray your future conversations are nicer and politer, and that more than anything I pray for your lost soul. We are dead alot longer than we are alive. We are alive for only 80 or so years, and dead for eternity.
Matthew 10:28 NKJV
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Eternity is a long time to be wrong.

repent today, and turn to Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, that’s the point of metaphysics. It’s what can’t be fully documented and understood by science, so we resort to philosophical arguments instead. The question of whether the supernatural even exists is in the category of metaphysics. It's like if you asked me for a definition of philosophical naturalism and I just said "metaphysics." That doesn't tell you anything.

I did give you rational argumentation. I said that a definition of a word cannot be so broad as to also encompass its antithesis. I asked for a definition, and you gave me a category instead. Allowing definitions to be broader than the words they define makes them functionally meaningless, and possibly leads to contradictions if the transitive property is applied. For example, you couldn't define "red" merely as "color" because "color" is a category that includes both red and its opposite, green. It's true that red and green are both colors, but the important distinction between colors is their place on the visible spectrum, and therefore the definition of a color should include its place on the visible spectrum. Likewise, your definition of supernatural should indicate to which respect of metaphysics it refers. So far you haven't, so you haven't provided a coherent definition of the supernatural.

On the contrary, I have tried to get you to provide facts but you have refused. I am sorry you feel your person has been disparaged, that hasn't been my intent, but picking apart bad arguments is what we do here. Cheers.
I have unblocked you like I said I would, if you want to continue this debate let me know. Take care.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have unblocked you like I said I would, if you want to continue this debate let me know. Take care.
Oh, I didn’t know you had blocked me. I replied to you a page or so back. Did you care to respond?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, that’s the point of metaphysics. It’s what can’t be fully documented and understood by science, so we resort to philosophical arguments instead. The question of whether the supernatural even exists is in the category of metaphysics. It's like if you asked me for a definition of philosophical naturalism and I just said "metaphysics." That doesn't tell you anything.
philosophical naturalism and metaphysics? They don't relate. Where spiritualism and metaphysics relates on a variety of levels.

I did give you rational argumentation. I said that a definition of a word cannot be so broad as to also encompass its antithesis. I asked for a definition, and you gave me a category instead. Allowing definitions to be broader than the words they define makes them functionally meaningless, and possibly leads to contradictions if the transitive property is applied. For example, you couldn't define "red" merely as "color" because "color" is a category that includes both red and its opposite, green. It's true that red and green are both colors, but the important distinction between colors is their place on the visible spectrum, and therefore the definition of a color should include its place on the visible spectrum. Likewise, your definition of supernatural should indicate to which respect of metaphysics it refers. So far you haven't, so you haven't provided a coherent definition of the supernatural.
what word again, do you need a definition for? If spirituality. Yes I define spirituality in the quantum realm and other metaphysics that relate to in on a variety of levels as I have stated already.
On the contrary, I have tried to get you to provide facts but you have refused. I am sorry you feel your person has been disparaged, that hasn't been my intent, but picking apart bad arguments is what we do here. Cheers.
yes that is why you were blocked. I blocked you because of posts like this. I could just as easily say your posts are mythological and you remind me of Zeus. I used an extreme example that has no truth to it. But that would be an insult to you, that would be addressing you as individual, which the rules say we can't do. Also it would be an ad hominem. Using well know debunked views, and connecting you to them. It's logically fallacious. It's not honest in debate. That's why if you do it again, you will be permanently blocked. As I have given you several warnings on this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
what word again, do you need a definition for? If spirituality. Yes I define spirituality in the quantum realm and other metaphysics that relate to in on a variety of levels as I have stated already.
Supernatural was the word I needed a strict definition for, since the main thrust of your argument was that morality must be supernatural because of x, y, and z. I need to know what you mean before we can get into whether x, y, and z are properly in support of your thesis.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Supernatural was the word I needed a strict definition for, since the main thrust of your argument was that morality must be supernatural because of x, y, and z. I need to know what you mean before we can get into whether x, y, and z are properly in support of your thesis.
yeah that would have the same definition as they are synonyms. So you can just reply to that post.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have given a definition for both of those terms, but I think what you really want is proof of the supernatural and or spiritual. But for sake of argument, it is very very difficult to prove anything. Can you prove Hannibal crossed the alps for example. Some documents say so, but how are we to know if they are true. But what I can do is offer my perspective that we see the supernatural every day. There are literally thousands of eye witness encounters of ghosts, apparitions, and other more sinister demonic possessions. In fact it hits home so much in fact with the general population that almost every new horror film has demonic possessions in them. If it was so far fetched as to be unbelievable to the general public, the horror aspect would lose it's effect. To scare someone, (other than startling them), you must give them a story that is believable or at least have some truth to it, that it could happen. If there was a horror film about flying purple elephants for example swooping in on their pray, killing thousands. Well that would be ridiculous and would lose money, because it does not hit home, nor is it believable or rooted in truth. Elephants are not purple and nor do they fly. But demonic possessions happen all the time. Here is a peer review that explains that paranormal experiences are typical and normal for the average person in their life time: https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1992-37947-001, granted the article would not fly in a normal peer review setting, so this particular article is in a mental health journal. So it is unclear if the author is saying these particular people are unhealthy mentally and need help. But the point is to say that it is not uncommon for someone to have an experience that is supernatural or in this case paranormal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yeah that would have the same definition as they are synonyms. So you can just reply to that post.
Well, that’s a bit of a problem, because the definition you provided was “metaphysics,” which you had defined as “areas not investigable by science.” I have already explained that this definition is too broad as there are plenty of areas of metaphysics that do not invoke the supernatural. Unless you’re saying there’s a supernatural solution to every question of metaphysics, I don’t think your definition is coherent.
Further, if the supernatural or spiritual are not scientifically observable, you cannot tie them in with the quantum realm, which is empirically observable. True, quantum particles do quirky things when observed, but things like the LHC and the double slit experiment are ways we do observe them. So how could you tie that in with the spiritual or supernatural, which aren’t observed?

Lastly, I will tell you why I’ve pushed you so hard to give a solid definition of the supernatural. It’s because I don’t believe it’s a coherent concept. If the supernatural exists and has an effect on this world, that effect should be measurable, and if its effect is measurable, it’s identical to the natural.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, that’s a bit of a problem, because the definition you provided was “metaphysics,” which you had defined as “areas not investigable by science.” I have already explained that this definition is too broad as there are plenty of areas of metaphysics that do not invoke the supernatural. Unless you’re saying there’s a supernatural solution to every question of metaphysics, I don’t think your definition is coherent.
Further, if the supernatural or spiritual are not scientifically observable, you cannot tie them in with the quantum realm, which is empirically observable. True, quantum particles do quirky things when observed, but things like the LHC and the double slit experiment are ways we do observe them. So how could you tie that in with the spiritual or supernatural, which aren’t observed?

Lastly, I will tell you why I’ve pushed you so hard to give a solid definition of the supernatural. It’s because I don’t believe it’s a coherent concept. If the supernatural exists and has an effect on this world, that effect should be measurable, and if its effect is measurable, it’s identical to the natural.
I have replied to this in my last post. You are not looking for a definition you are looking for proof, so please read my last post.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have replied to this in my last post. You are not looking for a definition you are looking for proof, so please read my last post.
No, I’m not looking for proof. I’m looking for a definition so that I can recognize proof as proof.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Define "measurable," gaara. :cool:

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, I’m not looking for proof. I’m looking for a definition so that I can recognize proof as proof.
I gave all the information you needed. You replied to it over and over again. You simply disagree with it, and I understand that. So that is why I am moving on to proof and will be addressing that from now on, as that is what you are truly after (not getting caught up on a technicality of a definition). So if you wish to further debate this please reply to post 435 The Moral Argument (revamped). If you don't wish to contend my evidences for the supernatural, then we can politely agree to disagree and end this debate.

Upvote 0