The Missing Piece of Our Christianity, the Key to Overcoming (Multi-part)

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When someone gets a chance could they sum this up please, or point us to the meat of the matter.

No offense intended but far to much introduction/build up here, I'm actually waiting for you to tell us where we can buy the book. :)

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can testify to what you said. My heart became hardened to sin and when I woke up and realized my evil, I was stuck in a locked state of heart hardness.

However I am hesitant to believe someone who claims to have witnessed Jesus' physical appearing.

Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way
Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Thank you all for your taking the time to read my posts. I pray as you continue reading, you will see what I am proposing as the missing piece of the gospel.
There is no missing piece of the Gospel, not really.

From what you have written here it seems clear to me that God has revealed the Gospel to you in a way that you can deeply understand. You have therefore believed the Gospel and responded appropriately. But that's not the "missing part of the Gospel", that - profoundly - IS The Gospel.

In our own individual ways, all who are Born Again have the same story; the same revelation.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you have not discovered the missing piece of the gospel, you have discovered the GOSPEL.

Use your gift to spread the Good News, as I'm sure you already are.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I felt condemnation a minute ago, it was heart wrenching. However God has gifted me with the power of sound mind through proper meditation. No longer do i meditate on death but life. Jesus is my refuge. What a blessing it is. I want to sing in my heart today. :)
You have made me smile.

Gids

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont feel like i have a hard heart, i just feel like this world is pulling at me in one direction and God in another. Im wanting God to win.
Absolutely. But when we finally step out in faith, believing that we are dead and that Christ now lives in us, God tells us it is then that our minds are renewed. We are not citizens of this world, but because up till now we have not grasped the truth of who we are by faith, we will ‘feel’ like we are torn and thus end up with one foot in the world and one foot in Heaven.

God tells us that to be Heavenly minded is life and peace. And there is one way to get heavenly mindedness. To embrace and then hoist as our shield of faith that it is no more us that live, but Christ who now lives in us. That is out new man! Glory!

Blessings, Gideon
How do we control our desires? What do we do when evil strikes? Thank you for posting this. How can we stay connected with the Holy Spirit?
we must understand that once we align ourselves with the truth, we come to understand that the source of those desires is NOT us. It is Satan using our fleshly bodies to attack and to tempt us. And the thought that comes to us is disguised in OUR voice.

He is fishing to see if we truly believe we really are dead. And what does the word tell us to do to fight his attacks?

He tells us to wield our shield of faith.

He tells us to resist Satan, steadfast in the faith.

He tells us to stand fast in the faith, and moved not away from the hope of the gospel.

Up till now, our understanding of what faith is centers on the cross and forgiveness. But that is never mentioned in how we are to fight satan’s accusations and temptations, is it? What we are coming to understand is that the faith needed in these strategies is faith in what His resurrection accomplished, not His death!

For example, in my own personal walk, up til twelve years ago, I was addicted to inappropriate content. After my visitation where God opened my eyes to the truth of who I was, it did not protect me from attacks. Satan still cast his arrows, hoping to get me to bite in unbelief. He is far more concerned about whether we get established in the faith, rather than whether we sin our particular sin of choice.

So how do I handle it? A lustful thought hits me. Is that sin? No, not yet. Now if I entertain it, invite it in for a good time, then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin.

Now some will argue this point. They will refer to Jes’s statement on lust being the same as adultery. But let us remember what that verse says. Jesus tells us that any Who looks upon a woman to lust after her, it is the same as adultery.

Did we catch that? A man who purposes to list after a woman is willfully seeking sin. But for one who sees an attractive woman, and acknowledges her beauty, but then immediately holds high his shield of faith that he is set free from sin and the thought is NOT his, the power of God kicks in to insure he is kept from falling.

And guess what? When that happens, that man’s shield grows BIGGER! This is why we are told to count it all joy when we fall into diverse temptations. Not exactly good counsel if we are destined to fall, is it? LoL. But praise God, now when we are tempted and resist Satan steadfast in the faith, we find our roots growing deeper into Him Satan is now being used to GROW us, not to deter us! Now that is good news indeed!

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When someone gets a chance could they sum this up please, or point us to the meat of the matter.

No offense intended but far to much introduction/build up here, I'm actually waiting for you to tell us where we can buy the book. :)
LOL, that is like a man dying of thirst and arriving at an oasis and complaining the water is not as cool as he is used to.

I will be honest. If someone would have come to me and diligently tried to share with me a way to turn my miserable life around and allow me to become the Christian I longed to be, I would have done anything to hear him out and try my best to understand what he was telling me. My way certainly wasn’t working.

I made a statement earlier and yet it bears repeating. Those who will awake first are those who know they need the great physician. They have arrived at the place that they have NO confidence in their fleshly efforts to walk pleaszing to God, and yet cannot simply accept the commonly held belief that we are forgiven and that it really does not matter whether we actually walk in victory or not. Hunger is the key. Hating one’s life full of failure and self love cannot be bypassed as a shortcut to abiding in Him, overcoming as the Lord promised us.

Some are not ready yet. Some never will be ready. But there are multitudes out there, many not in our churches, who truly want pure hearts. They want to see all sin eradicated from their lives, and yet they see that with the weight on their shoulders, there is no hope. They will see it first. Each one of us must decide which group we want to be in.

The promise of God to us is “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled”. What an amazing encouragement to those struggling with addictive sins, with guilt, with hopelessness!

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

wonderkins

Jul 16, 2017
Winlock
✟147,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does it bother you that 1 John says no one has seen God?

Also, you're suggesting that something is missing from the gospel. I believe you're about to put yourself into Galatians 1:8-9 territory. If you're saying something is missing from the gospel, then you are trying to teach something that is not in the Bible.

I quote this quite often. But it seems always worth repeating:
"Whatever is true is not new. Whatever is new is not true."

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no missing piece of the Gospel, not really.

From what you have written here it seems clear to me that God has revealed the Gospel to you in a way that you can deeply understand. You have therefore believed the Gospel and responded appropriately. But that's not the "missing part of the Gospel", that - profoundly - IS The Gospel.

In our own individual ways, all who are Born Again have the same story; the same revelation.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you have not discovered the missing piece of the gospel, you have discovered the GOSPEL.

Use your gift to spread the Good News, as I'm sure you already are.
I want to answer this truthfully and yet gently. I am going to disagree with you here and the simple reason is that when I had my visitation from God, He made sure I understood that ALL sleep, both wheat and tares together.
Even the born again are....yes... sleeping.

This revelation was for me, no question. I was desperate for it. But with that said, God then called me to share it, for it has been hidden from our eyes. That is why I call it ‘missing’. Put another way, we have been blinded to it. That blindness, however, even now is lifting.

It is critical we do not just try to minimize it and say to ourselves “Oh, I already have that.” Some have indeed had it with their heads. But not their hearts. I certainly am not alone in this walk God has by His grace opened to me. Thank God there are others, but they are few and far between, at least for now.

But let me say this. If someone has seen it, and actually has his or her shield of faith raised high, walking as a true overcomer, they will.... WILL.... say something. They cannot stay silent. They will see how the rest of the church is walking in unnecessary defeat. And they will walk as true overcomers.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for your taking the time to read my posts. I pray as you continue reading, you will see what I am proposing as the missing piece of the gospel. That in itself will most likely offend some. I get that, I do. But ask yourself a question. “Am I experiencing the fulfillment of what God has promised those who follow Him? Am I victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil? Is my heart truly joyful, full of love for even my enemies? Am I walking as a stranger and pilgrim or is my life tied more to the things of this life? “ if you have to hesitate, then I pray you see that something is missing. Time alone will not fix it. Nor will study. Bible memorization. fasting. Service. Some ‘experience’. No, none is but a band-aid and our wound is festering.

What I am about to share is not some carefully woven blending of scriptures from various parts of the Bible, interpreted to fit my narrative. Neither is it my ‘opinion’, a conclusion of long study that will take someone halfway through seminary to grasp.

Some of you, when you first hear it, will say “That’s it? You are kidding. I knew that years ago.” Well guess what? So did I, lol. And Satan still had his foot on my neck.

What I am about to share here is not something you understand with your head. It is something seen with the heart, and the heart must be first come into a state of readiness to receive it. Hungry.

Again, let me be perfectly clear. 12 years ago, at my lowest, bound by inappropriate content and an angry judgmental spirit, longing to truly please God but out of options and more things to do in my attempts to walk with self truly crucified... 38 years of trying and miserably failing... our God appeared to me.... yes, yes, physically, and He spoke to me.... yes, audibly. That miraculous night, He shared with me what I am about to share with any who has ears to hear and finds themselves longing to be truly set free from trying to live a good Christian life in their own strength and failing.... and to actually live it with joy.

So with that in mind, before I tell you what God told me, I need to say something that will most likely rub some of you the wrong way. I do not mean it to. Many of you have written here that you are in basic agreement with what I have said concerning the state of the church at present. I so appreciate that. Some have proposed different things the church needs to do to be more effective. And there is much truth there.

But what is not seen is that it is ALL of us.. We ALL have been asleep. We all have been walking off the path called the highway of holiness. And victory has its beginning with just each one of us and Jesus. Before we can help others to awaken, we have to be awakened ourselves. I pray none assume since they have great zeal for the Lord, that surely, they do not need what I am about to share. You do. I do. We ALL do.

No, we ALL have been sleeping and unless each one of us comes before the Lord admitting that need, I fear that it will become a head knowledge thing, and I so pray you will see it as far, far more than that. It is nothing less than the key to the lock of walking as God has had planned for us for the last nineteen hundred years.

Will there be exceptions? Oh, I pray so. Some have already awakened and will bear witness with what I am about to make clear. To you, I covet your prayers.

Each one of us is tasked to get the beam out of our own eye, amen? And coming from one who had an entire lumber yard in his, lol, I can assure you it is imperative.

We often hear that verse, and think it is sort of a mandate to ‘mind our own spiritual business’, but it is not. It is a call from our Heavenly Father to first get free indeed ourselves so that we CAN go out and help others to obtain that same glorious freedom.

Do we see? If we do not possess it, we cannot help anyone else. Such as I have, give I you. And if I don’t have it, I can’t give it. Ah, but with it, (and it really is a Him), you will find it almost impossible to shut up.

One last thing before I share this ‘missing piece’ that activates the gospel IN US. I am nothing. I have no idea why God chose to miraculously reveal to me what I have now been sharing for 12 straight years. In my flesh, I am worse than all here, and that is no pious humility. It is the truth, to my shame.

This next move of God, this FINAL move of God, will not be man-centered. In times past, one man was greatly used and received adulation, and people flocked to hear him. No more. God will still, of course, use men, but He will share His glory with none, an$ once you understand with your heart what is being said, it will simply be impossible to even think of taking some credit for being ‘a great man of God’. This final awakening is going to be like a field of parched straw catching fire. Grass roots revival if you will.

I love what we are told about the new covenant. No one is going to have to tell you “Know ye the Lord, for ALL will know me, from the least to the greatest.” (and coincidently, in that order, lol).

Blessings,

Gideon

More to come. The best part! And if you know another who is a struggling believer, please ask them to read what is being shared.
and ye shall receive power after the Holy Spirit has come upon you...

Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
But let me say this. If someone has seen it, and actually has his or her shield of faith raised high, walking as a true overcomer, they will.... WILL.... say something. They cannot stay silent. They will see how the rest of the church is walking in unnecessary defeat. And they will walk as true overcomers.
Many of us have, and do.
Have you spent any time beyond the borders of the USA? If you have then surely you have seen many like yourself.
What you have is in plain sight to all who wish to follow Christ. You hold no secret.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LOL, that is like a man dying of thirst and arriving at an oasis and complaining the water is not as cool as he is used to.

I will be honest. If someone would have come to me and diligently tried to share with me a way to turn my miserable life around and allow me to become the Christian I longed to be, I would have done anything to hear him out and try my best to understand what he was telling me. My way certainly wasn’t working.

I hope your post does all those things, but that remains to be seen. And please don't assume our lives are miserable.

Again, no offense intended, just a tip for future reference, as I was (am still) assuming your post was important enough you want people to get the point, hence the suggestion to get to the point. :)

Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you will see what I am proposing as the missing piece of the gospel

There is no "missing piece of the gospel."

There's just the gospel in the Bible and a bunch of false "gospels."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also, the message God showed you personally is that everyone is sleeping?

Evidently the message was for him personally, while at the same time it's for everyone.

He made sure I understood that ALL sleep, both wheat and tares together.
Even the born again are....yes... sleeping.

I had no idea, where is that biblical, please?

I pray as you continue reading, you will see what I am proposing as the missing piece of the gospel.

I agree with others on that, and posting it brings me to something I was going to skip saying...but.

Seems you are often posting things that we need from you specifically, and they are often accusing. Not that there is anything wrong with that if they didn't often seem so wrongfully accusing. Like we have a problem only you can help us with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Evidently the message was for him personally, while at the same time it's for everyone.
The message was for him personally. I reckon he's become confused and thought it was for all, it wasn't.
However I do understand why he is confused. There are so many who think that Christianity is an oppressive religion like so many others. He has discovered true faith in Christ, realised it's not what most people around him call "Christianity", and responded as he should.
But he needs to realise that he has found no secret, he has found Christ; as many of us have.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The message was for him personally. I reckon he's become confused and thought it was for all, it wasn't.
However I do understand why he is confused. There are so many who think that Christianity is an oppressive religion like so many others. He has discovered true faith in Christ, realised it's not what most people around him call "Christianity", and responded as he should.
But he needs to realise that he has found no secret, he has found Christ; as many of us have.

Agree, and I'm going to assume that's all there is too it, at least on the surface. Ive seen this before here and even before here. We start thinking we've had a revelation and no one else has had it when, at least in my case, everyone had it but me. lol

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do we control our desires? What do we do when evil strikes? Thank you for posting this. How can we stay connected with the Holy Spirit?

I personally just do my best to not sin and am always seeking to be better when it comes to being obedient to God.

God knows when we are honestly trying, and I think that goes a long way with him. Practice makes perfect....or close as we can get. :)

Upvote 0