The Missing Piece of Our Christianity, the Key to Overcoming (Multi-part)

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you all for your taking the time to read my posts. I pray as you continue reading, you will see what I am proposing as the missing piece of the gospel. That in itself will most likely offend some. I get that, I do. But ask yourself a question. “Am I experiencing the fulfillment of what God has promised those who follow Him? Am I victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil? Is my heart truly joyful, full of love for even my enemies? Am I walking as a stranger and pilgrim or is my life tied more to the things of this life? “ if you have to hesitate, then I pray you see that something is missing. Time alone will not fix it. Nor will study. Bible memorization. fasting. Service. Some ‘experience’. No, none is but a band-aid and our wound is festering.

What I am about to share is not some carefully woven blending of scriptures from various parts of the Bible, interpreted to fit my narrative. Neither is it my ‘opinion’, a conclusion of long study that will take someone halfway through seminary to grasp.

Some of you, when you first hear it, will say “That’s it? You are kidding. I knew that years ago.” Well guess what? So did I, lol. And Satan still had his foot on my neck.

What I am about to share here is not something you understand with your head. It is something seen with the heart, and the heart must be first come into a state of readiness to receive it. Hungry.

Again, let me be perfectly clear. 12 years ago, at my lowest, bound by inappropriate content and an angry judgmental spirit, longing to truly please God but out of options and more things to do in my attempts to walk with self truly crucified... 38 years of trying and miserably failing... our God appeared to me.... yes, yes, physically, and He spoke to me.... yes, audibly. That miraculous night, He shared with me what I am about to share with any who has ears to hear and finds themselves longing to be truly set free from trying to live a good Christian life in their own strength and failing.... and to actually live it with joy.

So with that in mind, before I tell you what God told me, I need to say something that will most likely rub some of you the wrong way. I do not mean it to. Many of you have written here that you are in basic agreement with what I have said concerning the state of the church at present. I so appreciate that. Some have proposed different things the church needs to do to be more effective. And there is much truth there.

But what is not seen is that it is ALL of us.. We ALL have been asleep. We all have been walking off the path called the highway of holiness. And victory has its beginning with just each one of us and Jesus. Before we can help others to awaken, we have to be awakened ourselves. I pray none assume since they have great zeal for the Lord, that surely, they do not need what I am about to share. You do. I do. We ALL do.

No, we ALL have been sleeping and unless each one of us comes before the Lord admitting that need, I fear that it will become a head knowledge thing, and I so pray you will see it as far, far more than that. It is nothing less than the key to the lock of walking as God has had planned for us for the last nineteen hundred years.

Will there be exceptions? Oh, I pray so. Some have already awakened and will bear witness with what I am about to make clear. To you, I covet your prayers.

Each one of us is tasked to get the beam out of our own eye, amen? And coming from one who had an entire lumber yard in his, lol, I can assure you it is imperative.

We often hear that verse, and think it is sort of a mandate to ‘mind our own spiritual business’, but it is not. It is a call from our Heavenly Father to first get free indeed ourselves so that we CAN go out and help others to obtain that same glorious freedom.

Do we see? If we do not possess it, we cannot help anyone else. Such as I have, give I you. And if I don’t have it, I can’t give it. Ah, but with it, (and it really is a Him), you will find it almost impossible to shut up.

One last thing before I share this ‘missing piece’ that activates the gospel IN US. I am nothing. I have no idea why God chose to miraculously reveal to me what I have now been sharing for 12 straight years. In my flesh, I am worse than all here, and that is no pious humility. It is the truth, to my shame.

This next move of God, this FINAL move of God, will not be man-centered. In times past, one man was greatly used and received adulation, and people flocked to hear him. No more. God will still, of course, use men, but He will share His glory with none, an$ once you understand with your heart what is being said, it will simply be impossible to even think of taking some credit for being ‘a great man of God’. This final awakening is going to be like a field of parched straw catching fire. Grass roots revival if you will.

I love what we are told about the new covenant. No one is going to have to tell you “Know ye the Lord, for ALL will know me, from the least to the greatest.” (and coincidently, in that order, lol).

Blessings,

Gideon

More to come. The best part! And if you know another who is a struggling believer, please ask them to read what is being shared.

PaxSincera

Jan 21, 2019
Newark, NJ
✟18,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It would be if you told us what you think the missing piece is.....the suspense is killing me...

Just to alleviate the suspense, I think I saw him mention in another post that the key is the verses about the flesh being dead, and Christ living in us. Galatians 2:20, Galatians 5:24 and the beginning of Romans 8 were in mind, perhaps other verses as well.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would be if you told us what you think the missing piece is.....the suspense is killing me...
LOL, for some reason, it is not allowing me to paste it. Can I offer you another way to view it? I made another post on why our efforts at evangelism are failing. The subject of why came up and it drifted into the response I gave above and the one I can’t seem to paste. I decided to make it a stand-alone thread as I feel it is that important. If you care to go to that thread and read, that would be great.

Thanks for understanding.

Gids.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just to alleviate the suspense, I think I saw him mention in another post that the key is the verses about the flesh being dead, and Christ living in us. Galatians 2:20, Galatians 5:24 and the beginning of Romans 8 were in mind, perhaps other verses as well.
Which of my many threads was that? LOL. Yet it is true. We have simply acknowledged with our heads that we are dead to sin and alive unto God. Our hearts have not yet reckoned it so. When we do, everything changes. Everything. Thanks for your help.

Gideon

Upvote 0

PaxSincera

Jan 21, 2019
Newark, NJ
✟18,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let me first ask each of you a question. We all suffer temptation in one or more areas of our lives, right? Temptation is not sin. It is the doorway to it. So….. how do we keep the door closed? Is it possible? Every time? Jesus promised us that we would not be tempted above our ability to resist. He even went further and promised us that He would never fail to make a way of escape, so that we may be able to bear it and not succumb to it, right? So what gives? There is a reason, and that is the crux of what we have all been missing.

We need to all understand. This is no small thing. In fact it is HUGE! Sure, we can be forgiven if we confess it to the Lord and truly repent, turning away from it, but here is what happens if we continue over and over again to find ourselves falling back into the sin we long to be free from.

Sin hardens our hearts. Our faith shrinks. Slowly but ever so surely, sins we long to be freed from become willful ones, as we begin to accept them as unavoidable. Christ dwells in our hearts by faith. We overcome the word, the flesh and the devil by faith. We are exhorted to grow in faith, to become established in faith. And none of this can happen if sin is still ruling us, even if those sins seem small. Listen, I beg you. There is no small sin.

God has told us His will for us is that we be sanctified fully, body, soul and Spirit. Let’s remember that He is NOT the God who reaps where He does not first sow. If He desires we walking in holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our lives, and it is not thorough our diligent self-effort, then there must be a way to see that accomplished in our lives, amen?

So, again, when you are tempted, what do you do to not give into it? And….. does it work? All the time? We both know the answer to that if we are brutally honest with ourselves.

You see, something is badly amiss. We serve a God who cannot lie. His promises are sure. Yet we have gutted them with our reasoning that we are only human. Was God not aware of that fact when He made the promise? LOL? Of course He was! And yet, He STILL promised to make us free indeed! Glory!

Somewhere there is a disconnect, amen? Let us nail this down. The gospel works, every single promise. And if we discover it is not doing so, we need to examine why this is so. The problem is not with God. We have missed something…. a key element that activates all the promises of God so that we can finally walk pleasing to Him, victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil. Our birthright as children of God is to walk as true overcomers, taking the promised land He has bought for us. No more unending wandering in circles in the wilderness. God is even now awakening us to what we have all been blinded to and trust me, it is flat out glorious and within reach of even the weakest among us. In truth, these are the ones who will see it first!

What God revealed to me in my miraculous visitation is the missing element I am referring to. It will sound simple…. to our heads. But understand, the solution must be grasped with our hearts. And to do that, we must finally admit that we are not walking in all he fullness God has promised us, and be found desperate to find the hinderance. Hunger for walking closer to Him, pleasing Him is absolutely indispensable. So, if you are one who longs for more and is tired of Satan stealing your lunch money, read on, for you are about to have your minds blown.

Ok, if you truly love the Lord in sincerity, here is a true statement. Well, TWO true statements.

1) The old you, the carnal you, the you we call self, is dead. Not dying. Not almost dead. It died when Jesus died. Like in D-E-A-D.

2) When Christ rose from the dead, so DID you. He made you a new creature. A ‘Christ IN you creature. You have been born again….. as in literally dead.

But here is the problem, and there is no other way to say it than to be blunt. We have accepted this theologically with our heads, but our hearts have not believed it for us, right here, right now, this very minute. And therein is the issue in a nutshell.

Why? Why when we are clearly told it to be true, do we not accept it as truth? Easy. We do not feel new. We do not see any outer changes. We look the same as we always have. But you see, deep in our core is the seed of our new nature. It is pure. It is perfect. But it has been hidden through unbelief deep in the soul of our hearts. Satan’s last stand. He knows it is a perfect seed, and contains the very life of God. But it has not germinated because unbelief has kept it but a seed. Thank God that time of deception is ending.

Regardless of what we have believed, or what we feel, or how we see ourselves, it matters not a whit. The truth is it who we now are…..new creatures?

So how do we get it to germinate? How do we go from being overcome to walking as overcomers? That is coming next!

Blessings,

Gids

I'll quote it here if that is in your interest. It was in the "Why Our Evangelism Efforts are Failing" thread.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll quote it here if that is in your interest. It was in the "Why Our Evangelism Efforts are Failing" thread.
I would much appreciate it. Thank you. I am trying to shift this discussion from the evangelism thread as it affects all of us.

Much appreciated,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Think I got it. Yup...

Let me first ask each of you a question. We all suffer temptation in one or more areas of our lives, right? Temptation is not sin. It is the doorway to it. So….. how do we keep the door closed? Is it possible? Every time? Jesus promised us that we would not be tempted above our ability to resist. He even went further and promised us that He would never fail to make a way of escape, so that we may be able to bear it and not succumb to it, right? So what gives? There is a reason, and that is the crux of what we have all been missing.

We need to all understand. This is no small thing. In fact it is HUGE! Sure, we can be forgiven if we confess it to the Lord and truly repent, turning away from it, but here is what happens if we continue over and over again to find ourselves falling back into the sin we long to be free from.

Sin hardens our hearts. Our faith shrinks. Slowly but ever so surely, sins we long to be freed from become willful ones, as we begin to accept them as unavoidable. Christ dwells in our hearts by faith. We overcome the word, the flesh and the devil by faith. We are exhorted to grow in faith, to become established in faith. And none of this can happen if sin is still ruling us, even if those sins seem small. Listen, I beg you. There is no small sin.

God has told us His will for us is that we be sanctified fully, body, soul and Spirit. Let’s remember that He is NOT the God who reaps where He does not first sow. If He desires we walking in holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our lives, and it is not thorough our diligent self-effort, then there must be a way to see that accomplished in our lives, amen?

So, again, when you are tempted, what do you do to not give into it? And….. does it work? All the time? We both know the answer to that if we are brutally honest with ourselves.

You see, something is badly amiss. We serve a God who cannot lie. His promises are sure. Yet we have gutted them with our reasoning that we are only human. Was God not aware of that fact when He made the promise? LOL? Of course He was! And yet, He STILL promised to make us free indeed! Glory!

Somewhere there is a disconnect, amen? Let us nail this down. The gospel works, every single promise. And if we discover it is not doing so, we need to examine why this is so. The problem is not with God. We have missed something…. a key element that activates all the promises of God so that we can finally walk pleasing to Him, victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil. Our birthright as children of God is to walk as true overcomers, taking the promised land He has bought for us. No more unending wandering in circles in the wilderness. God is even now awakening us to what we have all been blinded to and trust me, it is flat out glorious and within reach of even the weakest among us. In truth, these are the ones who will see it first!

What God revealed to me in my miraculous visitation is the missing element I am referring to. It will sound simple…. to our heads. But understand, the solution must be grasped with our hearts. And to do that, we must finally admit that we are not walking in all he fullness God has promised us, and be found desperate to find the hinderance. Hunger for walking closer to Him, pleasing Him is absolutely indispensable. So, if you are one who longs for more and is tired of Satan stealing your lunch money, read on, for you are about to have your minds blown.

Ok, if you truly love the Lord in sincerity, here is a true statement. Well, TWO true statements.

1) The old you, the carnal you, the you we call self, is dead. Not dying. Not almost dead. It died when Jesus died. Like in D-E-A-D.

2) When Christ rose from the dead, so DID you. He made you a new creature. A ‘Christ IN you creature. You have been born again….. as in literally dead.

But here is the problem, and there is no other way to say it than to be blunt. We have accepted this theologically with our heads, but our hearts have not believed it for us, right here, right now, this very minute. And therein is the issue in a nutshell.

Why? Why when we are clearly told it to be true, do we not accept it as truth? Easy. We do not feel new. We do not see any outer changes. We look the same as we always have. But you see, deep in our core is the seed of our new nature. It is pure. It is perfect. But it has been hidden through unbelief deep in the soul of our hearts. Satan’s last stand. He knows it is a perfect seed, and contains the very life of God. But it has not germinated because unbelief has kept it but a seed. Thank God that time of deception is ending.

Regardless of what we have believed, or what we feel, or how we see ourselves, it matters not a whit. The truth is it who we now are…..new creatures?

So how do we get it to germinate? How do we go from being overcome to walking as overcomers? That is coming next!

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Romans 6, Paul gives us clear instruction. After telling us the two truth we must know, he then tells us we must do something with them. I tried for 38 years to walk as an overcomer, and actually had Romans 6 memorized. But not once did I understand what we are being asked to DO.

Paul tells us, based upon these two truths, to reckon ourselves dead to sin, dead to the fleshly carnal nature and to reckon ourselves alive unto Him. In that one statement is hidden the secret we have all missed.

The word “reckon” is actually a banking term. It is a “balancing the books” word. For sure, it is not “Well then, I guess I am a new man I reckon.” LOL. Rather it is a call to deposit the check God has written to us into our account. Oh, and God does not write bad checks.

In my miraculous visitation 12 years ago, when I finally broke before God realizing that I simply had no hope of ever truly being holy for I knew (finally) how weak I was, it was then that God asked me if, in all my trying, I had ever done what Paul told us to do. He then simply opened my spiritual eyes to what I am now sharing with you.

I saw it immediately. What did I do? I spoke! Out loud. LOUDLY out loud. I confessed that I was a new creature and sin had no authority over me. And then I yielded myself to God anew, but this time “as those who are alive from the dead”.

And with that, my dead looking, dried and shriveled up seed of faith, possessing the very life of God, began to sprout within me.

I finally came into full agreement with God as to who He declared me to be. I did not wait to feel it. I certainly did not look like it. I simply appropriated it to me by faith. You would be amazed how easy it is to ONLY believe when every other shred of hope to walk truly pleasing and obedient to God had gone up in flames, and boy, was I there.

Twelve years later, I am still amazed at what God has and is still accomplishing in my metamorphosis. Do I have far still to go? No doubt. But I would be doing my Heavenly Father a huge disservice to not acknowledge what He has already done in transforming me into His image.

I will wait for some responses and if there are any questions before I go on, but I promise each one of you, no matter how weak, no matter how bound, God will do for you exactly what He has clearly promised.... plant your feet on the highway OF holiness and make you an overcomer. I guarantee it!

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Temptation is everywhere. Sex, materialism, contentious politics. What do we do? My goodness do i need to gouge out my eyes? It must be a daily thing. Help me this day Lord.
When He said If your eye offends, gouge it out, He meant it. But before you pick up the sugar spoon, lol, think about it. Is it your eye that is the problem? Not at all. It is our heart, our fallen nature. And we must figure out a way to get out of it. Praise aGod, there is a solution. Keep reading. Real victory is not only possible. He has promised it!

Blessings,

Gids

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Romans 6, Paul gives us clear instruction. After telling us the two truth we must know, he then tells us we must do something with them. I tried for 38 years to walk as an overcomer, and actually had Romans 6 memorized. But not once did I understand what we are being asked to DO.

Paul tells us, based upon these two truths, to reckon ourselves dead to sin, dead to the fleshly carnal nature and to reckon ourselves alive unto Him. In that one statement is hidden the secret we have all missed.

The word “reckon” is actually a banking term. It is a “balancing the books” word. For sure, it is not “Well then, I guess I am a new man I reckon.” LOL. Rather it is a call to deposit the check God has written to us into our account. Oh, and God does not write bad checks.

In my miraculous visitation 12 years ago, when I finally broke before God realizing that I simply had no hope of ever truly being holy for I knew (finally) how weak I was, it was then that God asked me if, in all my trying, I had ever done what Paul told us to do. He then simply opened my spiritual eyes to what I am now sharing with you.

I saw it immediately. What did I do? I spoke! Out loud. LOUDLY out loud. I confessed that I was a new creature and sin had no authority over me. And then I yielded myself to God anew, but this time “as those who are alive from the dead”.

And with that, my dead looking, dried and shriveled up seed of faith, possessing the very life of God, began to sprout within me.

I finally came into full agreement with God as to who He declared me to be. I did not wait to feel it. I certainly did not look like it. I simply appropriated it to me by faith. You would be amazed how easy it is to ONLY believe when every other shred of hope to walk truly pleasing and obedient to God had gone up in flames, and boy, was I there.

Twelve years later, I am still amazed at what God has and is still accomplishing in my metamorphosis. Do I have far still to go? No doubt. But I would be doing my Heavenly Father a huge disservice to not acknowledge what He has already done in transforming me into His image.

I will wait for some responses and if there are any questions before I go on, but I promise each one of you, no matter how weak, no matter how bound, God will do for you exactly what He has clearly promised.... plant your feet on the highway OF holiness and make you an overcomer. I guarantee it!

Blessings,

Gideon
Dying would be the answer i think.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When He said If your eye offends, gouge it out, He meant it. But before you pick up the sugar spoon, lol, think about it. Is it your eye that is the problem? Not at all. It is our heart, our fallen nature. And we must figure out a way to get out of it. Praise aGod, there is a solution. Keep reading. Real victory is not only possible. He has promised it!

Blessings,

Gids
Yes my heart is evil, the only good i see is the Lord. Isnt that in itself a spiritual truth? And isnt that a good thing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My walk with God so far has been a daily thing. Hes my daily portion, His mercies are new daily. Recently i discovered the Joy of the Lord in a way i never have before. What good is despair when i have faith? What good is the enemy against me when i have the Word of God fighting for me? Im hopeful in the Lord , that He will prevail in this fight for my soul. Who else do i have to hope in? None. :)

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My walk with God so far has been a daily thing. Hes my daily portion, His mercies are new daily. Recently i discovered the Joy of the Lord in a way i never have before. What good is despair when i have faith? What good is the enemy against me when i have the Word of God fighting for me? Im hopeful in the Lord , that He will prevail in this fight for my soul. Who else do i have to hope in? None. :)
Agreed. Now, will you step out of the boat and walk by faith on the water to our savior, believing that it is absolutely true that we are no longer in the flesh and owe it NOTHING? You have been crucified with Christ! You are new! Claim it by faith, for until any of us do, we may have hope but no real faith.

To trulyvwalk as overcomers, we must couple the blood of the Lamb with the truth of what it has bought us.... new natures. Bodacious faith? You bet! No evidence other than God said it? Yup! And a surer thing you will never find.

Blessings,

Gids

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Agreed. Now, will you step out of the boat and walk by faith on the water to our savior, believing that it is absolutely true that we are no longer in the flesh and owe it NOTHING? You have been crucified with Christ! You are new! Claim it by faith, for until any of us do, we may have hope but no real faith.

Blessings,

Gids
I had an edifying thought about the word of God going out of His mouth and accomplishing its task.

• Haha
Reactions: harko
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had an edifying thought about the word of God going out of His mouth and accomplishing its task.
Remember what we are told about praying in faith? Believe that you receive it, and you shall have it. No evidence other than God spoke it! That is all we need. And to our delight and amazement, when we do, we discover the full meaning of grace.... the one that teaches us HOW to walk as living sacrifices.

May God illuminate your eyes

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Remember what we are told about praying in faith? Believe that you receive it, and you shall have it. No evidence other than God spoke it! That is all we need. And to our delight and amazement, when we do, we discover the full meaning of grace.... the one that teaches us HOW to walk as living sacrifices.

May God illuminate your eyes
I felt condemnation a minute ago, it was heart wrenching. However God has gifted me with the power of sound mind through proper meditation. No longer do i meditate on death but life. Jesus is my refuge. What a blessing it is. I want to sing in my heart today. :)

Upvote 0