tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matt 24:22 And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.
23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.​

After the 'great tribulation of those days were cut short', then the false christs come. And what will these false christs look like?

2 Corinthians​
12 And what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.​
14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.​

Luke 10

18 So He told them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.​

It is the 'mighty angel' of Revelation 10 that is Satan and makes the covenant Dan 9:27.

Rev 10

1 Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire. 2 He had a little scroll open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea, and his left foot on the land, 3 and called out with a loud voice, like a lion roaring. When he called out, the seven thunders sounded. 4 And when the seven thunders had sounded, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up what the seven thunders have said, and do not write it down.” 5 And the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven 6 and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay, 7 but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God would be fulfilled, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.

8 Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, “Go, take the scroll that is open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land.” 9 So I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll. And he said to me, “Take and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey.” 10 And I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it. It was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it my stomach was made bitter. 11 And I was told, “You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and languages and kings.”

Regarding Revelation 10:

Stars can represent ‘angels’.

Rev 1:20

The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.​

Here is 'Lucifer', the King of Babylon, the Assyrian being referred to as a 'star' from Isaiah 14:3-25 (thus the king of Babylon is likened to an 'angel').

Isaiah 14:12​
“How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low!​
  • There is one particular evil ruler who calls himself God and is called an angel: Ezek 28:2-5, 11-16
2 “Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre, Thus says the Lord God: “Because your heart is proud, and you have said, ‘I am a god, I sit in the seat of the gods, in the heart of the seas,’ yet you are but a man, and no god, though you make your heart like the heart of a god— 3 you are indeed wiser than Daniel; no secret is hidden from you; 4 by your wisdom and your understanding you have made wealth for yourself, and have gathered gold and silver into your treasuries; 5 by your great wisdom in your trade you have increased your wealth, and your heart has become proud in your wealth—​
[…]

11 Moreover, the word of the Lord came to me: 12 “Son of man, raise a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and say to him, Thus says the Lord God: “You were the signet of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. 13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering, sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, emerald, and arbuncle; and crafted in gold were your settings and your engravings. On the day that you were created they were prepared. 14 You were an anointed guardian cherub. I placed you; you were on the holy mountain of God; in the midst of the stones of fire you walked. 15 You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created, till unrighteousness was found in you. 16 In the abundance of your trade you were filled with violence in your midst, and you sinned; so I cast you as a profane thing from the mountain of God, and I destroyed you, O guardian cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.​

• Gog is potentially an angel. The term, ‘chief prince,’ of Meshach and Tubal (referring to Gog in Ezek 38:2) is only applied to angels, as in Daniel 10:13.

• There is something hidden about this angel with an implication that the ‘mystery would be revealed’ (verse 7) at the 7th Trumpet (1260 days later after the 2 witnesses testify for those days to finish out the 2nd woe/ end the 6th Trumpet and begin the 7th Trumpet). And it has everything to do with what is being sealed up in Revelation 10:4.

• This angel swears an oath by heaven, earth, and the sea – Jesus explicitly says not to swear an oath by Heaven or earth, and that to do so is ‘from the evil one’. Here is Jesus talking:
Matthew 5:33 Again, you have heard that it was said to the ancients, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill your vows to the Lord.’ 34 But I tell you not to swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 or by the earth, for it is His footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Nor should you swear by your head, for you cannot make a single hair white or black. 37 Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ Anything more comes from the evil one.​

• So, Jesus explicitly says, ‘Don’t swear by heaven or by earth,’ and then you have an angel coming down making an oath/ swearing by God, the heavens, the earth, and the sea. Some commentators say that this is Jesus.(!) Why would Jesus say, ‘Don’t swear by heaven and earth,’ and then come down and swear by heaven and earth in Revelation 10?

• ‘Mighty’ of Rev 10:1 in the Greek is ‘ischuros’ (‘mighty, strong’) and in Daniel 9:27, the covenant is ‘confirmed’ with the Hebrew verb ‘gabar’ which means ‘make strong, mighty’. The covenant is ‘made strong’.

• The ‘mighty angel’ has a ‘rainbow over his head’ (Rev 10:1). The rainbow is a symbol of a ‘covenant’- that God would never destroy the earth with a flood (of water) again.

• Lastly, and definitely not least, swearing oaths is basically synonymous with making covenants.

Genesis 26:28

“We can plainly see that the LORD has been with you,” they replied. “We recommend that there should now be an oath between us and you. Let us make a covenant with you.

2 Kings 11:4

But in the seventh year Jehoiada sent and brought the captains of the Carites and of the guards, and had them come to him in the house of the LORD. And he made a covenant with them and put them under oath in the house of the LORD, and he showed them the king’s son.​

Psalm 105:8

He remembers His covenant forever, the word He ordained for a thousand generations— 9 the covenant He made with Abraham, and the oath He swore to Isaac. 10 He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree, to Israel as an everlasting covenant: 11 “I will give you the land of Canaan as the portion of your inheritance.”​

Psalm 132:11

The LORD swore an oath to David, a promise He will not revoke: “One of your descendants I will place on your throne. 12 If your sons keep My covenant and the testimony I will teach them, then their sons will also sit on your throne forever and ever.”​

Hosea 10:4 They speak mere words; with false oaths they make covenants. So judgment springs up like poisonous weeds in the furrows of a field.

Luke 1:68
“Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, because He has visited and redeemed His people. 69 He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of His servant David, 70 as He spoke through His holy prophets, those of ages past, 71 salvation from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us, 72 to show mercy to our fathers and to remember His holy covenant, 73 the oath He swore to our father Abraham, to grant us 74 deliverance from hostile hands, that we may serve Him without fear, 75 in holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our lives.​

This ‘mighty angel’ is the ‘ruler that confirms the covenant’ in Daniel 9:27.

Dan 9:26
Then the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.

[This is at the start of the Trumpets, through the 5 months of the 1st woe/ 5th Trumpet.]

The end will come like a flood, and until the end there will be war; desolations have been decreed.

[This is the start of the 6th Trumpet, the beginning of Daniel 12:11’s 1290 days, the start of the great tribulation. 30 days later, the great tribulation of those days are ended and the people that survive ‘do not repent’ (Rev 9:20). Then we begin the start of the Dan 9:27 covenant and the start of 1260 days of the 2 witnesses.]

27 And he will confirm a covenant with many for one week,

but in the middle of the week he will put an end to sacrifice and offering.

[At the 7th Trumpet, when the ‘mystery of God would be finished’ (Rev 10:7).]

And on the wing of abominations [the Hebrew word here, ‘shiqquts,’ is plural!] shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”

new%20graph%202%20abominations%20versionrev12.jpg

Last edited:

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll give you a brief summary of what I believe in connection with this. The "Great Tribulation" cut short, mentioned in the Olivet Discourse, is the "punishment of the Jewish People" in the present age.

Their race and their nation are threatened with annihilation, or ethnic cleansing. If God does not stop this mad persecution of the Jewish People they will cease to exist. Throughout NT history, the Jews have been severely persecuted, and this racism and bigotry has threatened them with extinction, as we can see in the Holocaust.

This Great Angel depicts the judgment and coming of Christ. Christ operates often through angels, and in the book of Revelation they are made to look like Christ himself. This particular angel is being made to look like the actual 2nd Coming of Christ. It is a prolepsis, ie a picture of something happening now that will actually take place later.

Making oaths is not evil. It is breaking them that is evil. Jesus told the Jews of his day not to indulge in them because they had become uninspired means of putting curses on people, or something like this: "I swear before God I will kill that person."

The Reign of Antichrist will be relatively short--not a 7 year period, but actually, only a 3.5 year period--very short. I will not take long for God to allow Antichrist to expose the world's hostility to Christ's Kingdom. And it will not take long to prepare it for judgment at Christ's Coming.

Upvote 0

Fisherking

Oct 18, 2023
Alabama
✟18,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Matt 24:22 And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. 23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

After the 'great tribulation of those days were cut short', then the false christs come. And what will these false christs look like?
No, you just do not understand their style of writing, was Gen. 2 a DIFFERENT CREATION than Gen 1? Of course not. Jesus is telling how the Jews when they see the AoD need to flee Judea and NOT LOOK BACK, then he says it a way to make them understand OH MY.........this is very urgent, this that were are fleeing from is very, very evil, Jesus is saying if he did not cut these "TROUBLES SHORT" [when he returns good] this man Beast/A.C./Little Horn would kill everyone, so it is imperative that we flee NOW !!

Then Jesus continues with the story of the TROUBLES to come, and tells them about this man and his false prophet, then about an Event (Asteroid impact) that causes the Sun and Moon to go dark and THEN...1260 days later he will return (and KILL THE BEAST, or CUT HIS LIFE SPAN SHORT). God does not plan everything on a 70-th week which ends with 1260 days of Wrath them come back and say, remember everything we said, scratch that, it was a lie. You have learn how to read these old text properly brother.

Regarding Revelation 10:
Its this simple, the 7 Trumps contain ALL of God's Wrath, the Seals only open up the scroll. The 7 Vials emit from the 7th Trump. Trumps 5, 6 and 7 are Woes 1, 2 and 3.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No way.

The mighty angel in Revelation 10 is a powerful good angel who hands the little book to John and says to him...

Revelation 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

1Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire. 2He had a little scroll open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea, and his left foot on the land, 3and called out with a loud voice, like a lion roaring. When he called out, the seven thunders sounded. 4And when the seven thunders had sounded, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Seal up what the seven thunders have said, and do not write it down.” 5And the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven 6and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay, 7but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God would be fulfilled, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.​
8Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me again, saying, “Go, take the scroll that is open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land.” 9So I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll. And he said to me, “Take and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey.” 10And I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it. It was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it my stomach was made bitter. 11And I was told, “You must again prophesy about many peoples and nations and languages and kings.”​

I'm really happy you brought this up.

In verse 11, we don't know if this is the voice from heaven talking or the angel talking. As pertaining to this verse, clearly this 'prophecying again' is connected to the 2 witnesses that are next in the sequence. There is another round of prophecying because... there is another abomination coming up 1260 days later at... the 7th Trumpet which it mentioned in verse 7.

But let's look more closely at verses 9 and 10 as this is the angel talking here.

9So I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll. And he said to me, “Take and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey.” 10And I took the little scroll from the hand of the angel and ate it. It was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it my stomach was made bitter.
For context, let's compare this to a similar event in Ezekiel 2 and 3:

8“But you, son of man, hear what I say to you. Be not rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you.” 9And when I looked, behold, a hand was stretched out to me, and behold, a scroll of a book was in it. 10And he spread it before me. And it had writing on the front and on the back, and there were written on it words of lamentation and mourning and woe.​
1And he said to me, “Son of man, eat whatever you find here. Eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.” 2So I opened my mouth, and he gave me this scroll to eat. 3And he said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly with this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it.” Then I ate it, and it was in my mouth as sweet as honey.
4And he said to me, “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with my words to them. 5For you are not sent to a people of foreign speech and a hard language, but to the house of Israel— 6not to many peoples of foreign speech and a hard language, whose words you cannot understand. Surely, if I sent you to such, they would listen to you. 7But the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, for they are not willing to listen to me: because all the house of Israel have a hard forehead and a stubborn heart.​

Did you catch the difference?

The angel in Ezekiel fed him a scroll and it was as 'sweet as honey' and then ends there.

The scroll that the angel is proclaiming is 'sweet as honey' and then made his stomach bitter. This scroll's message is the mighty angel's message that was hidden in verse 4.

This 'sweet as honey and bitter in the stomach' is a reference to Proverbs 5

3Though the lips of the forbidden woman drip honey and her speech is smoother than oil, 4in the end she is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a double-edged sword. 5Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to Sheol. 6She does not consider the path of life; she does not know that her ways are unstable.​
And again, let's contrast that with 'God's word is sweeter than honey' repeated here in Psalm 119

102I have not departed from Your ordinances, for You Yourself have taught me. 103How sweet are Your words to my taste—
sweeter than honey in my mouth! 104I gain understanding from Your precepts; therefore I hate every false way.​
If that was really a good angel, its words wouldn't be sealed up, and it would have just said that the words were 'sweet as honey' not 'sweet as honey but bitter in my stomach'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There is another round of prophecying because... there is another abomination coming up 1260 days later at... the 7th Trumpet which it mentioned in verse 7.
How do you get 1260 days later? The 7th Trumpet was about to sound, not sound 1260 days later.

What does a book that is good or bad have to do with an angel being good or bad?

Would not the judgments, in this case 7 Thunders be enough information as they seem to have been caused by this singular angel?

Then again, are the 7 angels "bad" who sound the 7 Trumpets?

Seems to me the point of eating the book, means that John will personally be involved in those 7 Thunders when they do actually happen. Of course we have no clue what happens at that time in creation, obviously. The prophecy was sealed up until the actual events happen.

But in the chronological order of events the 7 Thunders take place between the 6th and 7th Trumpets. Between the 2nd and 3rd woes. Which indicates that the Seals, Trumpets, Thunders, and even vials are all in chronological order, and one cannot say the first Seal happens in conjunction with the first vial or first Trumpet for that matter. Every event in Revelation has to happen in the order given, and one cannot re-arrange these events to make a point.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you get 1260 days later? The 7th Trumpet was about to sound, not sound 1260 days later.

What does a book that is good or bad have to do with an angel being good or bad?

Would not the judgments, in this case 7 Thunders be enough information as they seem to have been caused by this singular angel?

Seems to me the point of eating the book, means that John will personally be involved in those 7 Thunders when they do actually happen. Of course we have no clue what happens at that time in creation, obviously. The prophecy was sealed up until the actual events happen.

But in the chronological order of events the 7 Thunders take place between the 6th and 7th Trumpets. Between the 2nd and 3rd woes. Which indicates that the Seals, Trumpets, Thunders, and even vials are all in chronological order, and one cannot say the first Seal happens in conjunction with the first vial or first Trumpet for that matter. Every event in Revelation has to happen in the order given, and one cannot re-arrange these events to make a point.

After the events of Rev 9:13-21 (which is part of the 'great tribulation' that Jesus is talking about in Matt 24:15-31), the 'mighty angel' is the one who is confirming the covenant of Dan 9:27. This covenant is ENDING what people will perceive to be the 'great tribulation.'

That is the whole point of this thread.

Dan 9:26 Then the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood, and until the end there will be war; desolations have been decreed.​
[The 'locusts' of the 5th Trumpet (1st Woe) are the 'people of the prince to come'. They destroy the city & sanctuary. This is the work of the Assyrian, the first Little Horn/ king mentioned in Daniel 8:9-12. This is the first abomination of desolation event (there are 2).
That is part of the 'great tribulation' that Jesus is talking about. That is the 5th Trumpet and then the first part of the 6th Trumpet (Rev 9:13-21).
THEN the covenant is confirmed by the 7th head, the Daniel 7 Little Horn, who is also known as the ruler of Tyre (who is called an angel in Ezekiel 28:14). This Daniel 7 Little Horn is different than the Daniel 8 Little Horn (the Assyrian of Dan 8:9-12). The Daniel 7 Little Horn is the 'king that shall arise' in Daniel 8:23-25.
27And he will confirm a covenant with many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of the temple will come the abomination that causes desolation, until the decreed destruction is poured out upon him.​
Revelation 10 does not say that the 7th Trumpet is immediately coming!

5And the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven 6and swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and what is in it, the earth and what is in it, and the sea and what is in it, that there would be no more delay, 7but that in the days of the trumpet call to be sounded by the seventh angel, the mystery of God would be fulfilled, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.
We still have the rest of the 2nd woe (the 1260 days of the 2 witnesses) to get through before the 7th Trumpet arrives!

The scroll/ 'book' is the message that this angel is proclaiming to the world. It is hidden (for now), but God is letting us know that it sounds good, but it is evil and will end badly for those people that come to its message.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

The 7 trumpets angels are good angels, not bad.

Yes, the mighty angel is making an oath to heaven (making a covenant) immediately after the events of Rev 9:13-21 that kills a third of humanity.

The 6th Trumpet begins at Rev 9:13 and ends at Rev 11:14. There are no gaps or weird time jumps. Rev 9:13-21 happens, then the mighty angel (the Daniel 7 Little Horn) confirms the Daniel 9:27 covenant, then the 1260 days of the 2 witnesses, then the 7th Trumpet.

It is pretty straightforward, but literally no one wants to see it.

I am one of the few people on this forum that does not rearrange the events.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact that the message of this angel is 'bitter in his stomach' is referring to the fact that this king is in some way connected to Wormwood of the 3rd Trumpet who brings the bitter waters to a third of the waters - and waters means 'peoples'.

Rev 8:10The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter.​
Rev 17:15 And the angel said to me, “The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is seated, are peoples and multitudes and nations and languages.
'Wormwood' is not referring to a 'comet', spiritually it means a test of faithfulness as from Numbers 5

19And he is to put the woman under oath and say to her, ‘If no other man has slept with you and you have not gone astray and become defiled while under your husband’s authority, may you be immune to this bitter water that brings a curse. 20But if you have gone astray while under your husband’s authority and have defiled yourself and lain carnally with a man other than your husband’— 21and the priest shall have the woman swear under the oath of the curse—‘then may the LORD make you an attested curse among your people by making your thigh shrivel and your belly swell. 22May this water that brings a curse enter your stomach and cause your belly to swell and your thigh to shrivel.’​
Wormwood was an ancient bitter root with various medicinal properties and other 'abilities' if you will. It's a touchy subject, but hopefully you can read between the lines with this passage (it starts with an 'a').

Anyway, bottom line, it is a test of faithfulness to God. This mighty angel and its message has a 'bitter' quality because it is testing the church.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If that was really a good angel, its words wouldn't be sealed up, and it would have just said that the words were 'sweet as honey' not 'sweet as honey but bitter in my stomach'.
The mighty angel in Revelation 10 is a good angel. He came down from heaven in verse 1.

The mighty angel had holding it in his hand an opened little book in verse 2 - and coming down from heaven - stood on the sea and earth. And let out a sound like a roaring lion.... inducing the voices of seven thunders to speak.

Then a different voice, from heaven said to John....

4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

Then, in verse 5-8, the mighty angel himself actually speaks .

Then, again a voice from heaven intervenes...

8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

So in verse 9, John takes the open book from the might angel's hand. As the mighty angel says to eat it.

After John ate the book in verse 10, the mighty angel in verse 11tells John to prophesy again about things that were going to come upon the earth.

In Revelation 11... the mighty angel in verse 1 instructs John to measures the temple he sees on earth at that time.

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

Apparently, the mighty angel bent down when he handed John the book to eat.

In verse 4, John begins to prophesy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We still have the rest of the 2nd woe (the 1260 days of the 2 witnesses) to get through before the 7th Trumpet arrives!
This is a common mistake with this verse: Revelation 11:14

"The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly."

This is just a rhetorical comment to get us back on track.

Revelation 11 is a parenthetical about the 7th Trumpet prior to the sounding in verse 15. The 1260 days is the same time period as the 42 months in Revelation 13.

Revelation 11:1-13 is a parenthetical about God's part in those 42 months. Revelation 12 and 13 are Satan's parenthetical points related to the 7th Trumpet. Satan's 42 months is the 3rd woe. The only two individuals representing God during Satan's 42 months are the 2 witnesses.

Daniel 9:27 is talking about God's Covenant with mankind, the NT Covenant. That is the completion of the mystery mentioned in Revelation 10, concerning the 7th Trumpet.

The 7th Trumpet is a week long celebration as Jesus is pronounced the King of the 7th Kingdom. The confirmation of the Covenant with the many is to see if any are left on earth named in the Lamb's book of life. If there are still some left, these are those who will be beheaded over the next 1260 days or 42 months.

This week is interrupted and the week is put on hold until after those 42 months. The last 3.5 days being Revelation 11

"And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them."

The same 3.5 days the 7 vials are poured out. That is not rearranging events as those verses are a parenthetical that happens if Daniel 9:27 happens. That is also the AoD mentioned in the Olivet Discourse. The 3rd woe is the fulfillment of Daniel 9:27.

No one will know the 7 Thunders, until they happen. No one will know if Satan's 42 months happens until the 7th Trumpet sounds and the Covenant is confirmed by Jesus the King.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The mighty angel in Revelation 10 is a good angel. He came down from heaven in verse 1.

The mighty angel had holding it in his hand an opened little book in verse 2 - and coming down from heaven - stood on the sea and earth. And let out a sound like a roaring lion.... inducing the voices of seven thunders to speak.

Then a different voice, from heaven said to John....

4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

Then, in verse 5-8, the mighty angel himself actually speaks .

Then, again a voice from heaven intervenes...

8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.

So in verse 9, John takes the open book from the might angel's hand. As the mighty angel says to eat it.

After John ate the book in verse 10, the mighty angel in verse 11tells John to prophesy again about things that were going to come upon the earth.

In Revelation 11... the mighty angel in verse 1 instructs John to measures the temple he sees on earth at that time.

1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

Apparently, the mighty angel bent down when he handed John the book to eat.

In verse 3, John begins to prophesy.
Wow, The KJV translation is wildly mistranslated in Rev 11:1. The worst I have ever seen any verse mistranslated.

There is literally no 'angel' there and literally no 'stood'. It is not the angel talking, it is the voice from heaven!

And even if it were a good angel, and even if it were the one speaking, (which most assuredly is not the case), it is not God!

Rev 11:3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.​

Do the 2 witnesses belong to the angel?! No! Clearly, this is the voice from heaven talking, not the angel!

But I am glad you connect the mighty angel coming down and then the 2 witnesses 1260 days.

Now you have to connect that the rainbow that the angel is clothed in (Rev 10:1) is symbolizing the end of the death event of Rev 9:13-21 (the first part of the great tribulation) which kills a third of mankind.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And even if it were a good angel, and even if it were the one speaking, (which most assuredly is not the case), it is not God!

Rev 11:3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Do the 2 witnesses belong to the angel?! No! Clearly, this is the voice from heaven talking, not the angel!
Tranquil, it is the mighty angel speaking in verses Revelation 11:1-2. But words coming forth from the mouth of John in Revelation 11:3 (which are not John own words) are God's words.

I will explain, so that you will understand...

In Revelation 10:8 the voice from heaven tells John to take the open book from the mighty angel.
In Revelation 10:9 John takes the book from the mighty angel, who tells John - to eat it, and that it will taste as sweet as honey, but will make his belly sour. The mighty angel leaned forward and handed the book to John.
In Revelation 10.10 John complies and ate it.
In Revelation 10:11 the mighty angel says to John that he must prophesy again (as he had been doing in the previous chapters), that peoples from all over the earth and times will hear about.

In Revelation 11:1-2 the mighty angel straightens back up, and standing tells John to measure the temple and number of the people inside the temple which appears before John. But not measure the outer court because of occupation by the Gentiles, and that Jerusalem would be tread under foot by the Gentiles for 42 months.

In Revelation 11:3 John opens his mouth, and the words written in the little book he had ate begin to come forth out of John's mouth, as John watches the events unfold - 3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

The words written in the little book are God's words. Now do you understand ? We both agree that it is the words of God Himself in Revelation 11:3. John eats the book, then it makes his stomach ache, and the words of God in the book come back up and out of John's mouth in Revelation 11:3. And then John begins to prophesy in Revelation 11:4.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0