Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Lord's Day:

Exodus 31:15
Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord:

Exodus 35:2
Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord:

Romans 14:6
He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

Some people have no regard for the Sabbath Day Rest God commanded.

Revelation 1:10
I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day

Matthew 12:8

For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Mark 2:27

Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Mark 2:28

So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Luke 6:5

Then Yahshua said to them, “The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Man, as in mankind. It does not say the Sabbath was made for the Jew, but mankind. The seventh day is Yahshua’s Sabbath.

Last edited:

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Lord's Day:

Exodus 31:15
Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord:

Exodus 35:2
Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord:

He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

I think everyone has regard for the sabbath rest God commanded; most comprehend the literal sabbath as a shadow of the good rest to come in Christ; a ceasing of works of the law for justification, and resting in the finished work of Christ apart from works of the law. Some regard the literal sabbath as the very image, a specific day of the week on which to literally rest from literal work.

I believe the "Lord's Day" John is talking about is the "Day of the Lord" in prophecy.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think everyone has regard for the sabbath rest God commanded; most comprehend the literal sabbath as a shadow of the good rest to come in Christ; a ceasing of works of the law for justification, and resting in the finished work of Christ apart from works of the law. Some regard the literal sabbath as the very image, a specific day of the week on which to literally rest from literal work.

I believe the "Lord's Day" John is talking about is the "Day of the Lord" in prophecy.
Those who have any regard keep the Seventh Day Rest commanded by God.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This passage is about the festivals with there sabbath days. It is not about the Seventh Day Sabbath Rest.

Rom 14:4-5
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

The word "day" is plural. The subject is about different holy days, not the Day of Rest command by God.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

I think John would have worded it differently if it was the "Day of the Lord". "on" is indicative on present tense, not future.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Correct, but to read the Sabbath into this verse/passage is a big mistake made by most Christians.
Nowhere is the Sabbath mentioned. Nor can we read any of Yahweh's annual sabbaths or feast days into this verse/passage. There were many other "days" that the Jews highly regarded besides the Sabbath and feasts. For example, most Jews at that time fasted twice a week (Luke 18:12 and Talmudic writings). The Jews also kept fast days throughout the year as mentioned in Zechariah 8:19. Then there was the Feast of Purim (Esther 9:28), and the Feast of Dedication or Hanukkah (John 10:22).

The Jewish converts would have probably continued esteeming these days whereas the Gentile converts would probably not, especially since they were not commanded by Yahweh to be kept. However, all men knew the Sabbath was commanded and so there was no question about its observance as seen in such verses as Acts 13:42-44; Acts 14:1 and Acts 18:4.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is the "Lord's day" a new name for Sunday, a reference to the weekly Sabbath, or a reference to "The Day of the LORD," "The Day of YHWH"? The latter could be true since John was transported in the spirit to the prophetic time known as "The Day of YHWH." It seems more likely, however, that John was referring to the weekly Sabbath. Yeshua, in referring to himself, said, "...the Son of Man is Lord also of the Sabbath" (Mark 2:28). In other words, since Yeshua is the Lord or Master of that day, then the weekly Saturday Sabbath is the Lord's day or Yeshua's day. To say that it means Sunday is pure assumption without fact or Scripture to back it up.

• Agree
Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Is the "Lord's day" a new name for Sunday, a reference to the weekly Sabbath, or a reference to "The Day of the LORD," "The Day of YHWH"? The latter could be true since John was transported in the spirit to the prophetic time known as "The Day of YHWH." It seems more likely, however, that John was referring to the weekly Sabbath. Yeshua, in referring to himself, said, "...the Son of Man is Lord also of the Sabbath" (Mark 2:28). In other words, since Yeshua is the Lord or Master of that day, then the weekly Saturday Sabbath is the Lord's day or Yeshua's day. To say that it means Sunday is pure assumption without fact or Scripture to back it up.
Up to the time when Christians of the forth century started this ideology that the "lord's Day" was Sunday, it was always the Sabbath. As all the Sabbaths are the Lord's Days.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Romans 14

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Verse 5 is about different days, (Plural) whereas verse 6 is about a singular day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Romans 14

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Verse 5 is about different days, (Plural) whereas verse 6 is about a singular day.
"The day" of verse 6 is the same day as the "one day" that is being esteemed in verse 5.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Busy Beavers Keep the Sabbath (northern California) -

Busy Honey Bees Keep the Sabbath (northern California) -
from 3:12 to 4:05

Sabbath Keeping Honey Bees (South America) -
from 12:00 thru 13:40

Sabbath Resting Ox (Siberia) -

Do Migrating Birds Take A Sabbath Rest -

Upvote 0

1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Busy Beavers Keep the Sabbath (northern California) -

Busy Honey Bees Keep the Sabbath (northern California) -
from 3:12 to 4:05

Sabbath Keeping Honey Bees (South America) -
from 12:00 thru 13:40

Sabbath Resting Ox (Siberia) -

Do Migrating Birds Take A Sabbath Rest -
This is so awesome, I can't wait to get home and watch these vids!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I can say for a fact that my dog would chase cars down the road by our home every day of the week, no matter how many times we scolded him and warned him that he was going to get hurt doing that. He would chase our car when we left the yard too. But come Sabbath, he stayed home and would not chase cars not even ours as we headed out for Sabbath services.

Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
visionary said:
"I can say for a fact that my dog would chase cars down the road by our home every day of the week, no matter how many times we scolded him and warned him that he was going to get hurt doing that. He would chase our car when we left the yard too. But come Sabbath, he stayed home and would not chase cars not even ours as we headed out for Sabbath services."

Since when is it permissible for a busy bee, a busy beaver or a dog to be disobedient six days of the week as long as it's obedient on the Lord's Day? Come on guys even Lassie could discern Vis' teachable dog parable when it comes to six days of disobedience and pretense on the Lord's Day (Matthew 23:15).

p228140_b_v7_au.jpg

"No dog is too much for me to handle.
I rehabilitate dogs and train people."

Reactions: Na Nach Oi!
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
visionary said:
"I can say for a fact that my dog would chase cars down the road by our home every day of the week, no matter how many times we scolded him and warned him that he was going to get hurt doing that. He would chase our car when we left the yard too. But come Sabbath, he stayed home and would not chase cars not even ours as we headed out for Sabbath services."
Since when is it permissible for a busy bee, a busy beaver or a dog to be disobedient six days of the week as long as it's obedient on the Lord's Day? Come on guys even Lassie could discern Vis' teachable dog parable when it comes to six days of disobedience and pretense on the Lord's Day (Matthew 23:15).
The thing was, I didn't teach this dog it. He just did it. Which surprised me.

Upvote 0

Na Nach Oi!

Embracing paradoxical thinking
Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I can say for a fact that my dog would chase cars down the road by our home every day of the week, no matter how many times we scolded him and warned him that he was going to get hurt doing that.

Watch Cesar Millan's "Dog Whisperer" to solve this issue.

In the nutshell, you should act as a dominant role toward your dog.

Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

The problem with your line of thought is that there is 0 scriptural support for it. It also completely ignore early church history from the Church in Asia Minor.

Secondly, it is a WESTERN view that fails completely to recognize the fundamental significance that Jews, INCLUDING MESSIAH and the apostles placed up it.

Sabbath IS NOT a peripheral issue. It is a CORE, CENTRALLY FUNDAMENTAL ISSUE. The mere idea that Yeshua would do away with Sabbath after his death and Resurrection is such a core concept that it is UNTHINKABLE that Messiah would not have spoken to the Apostle before his Ascension.

Additionally, you have the MAJOR problem that scripture is crystal clear that ALL of the Apostles observed Sabbath until the day that they died

Upvote 0