THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi All,

This thread is for scripture only. We would like to show that the "LORD'S DAY" that many proclaim is SUNDAY is a false teaching and you will not find this in God's WORD.

Let's start by looking at your scriptures that many use to claim SUNDAY is the "LORD'S DAY"

REVELATIONS 1:9-11 [9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. [10], I was in the Spirit on the LORD'S DAY, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, [11], Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What you see, write in a book, and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia; to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.

No doubt about it Revelations 1:10 clearly says that John was in the SPIRIT on the "LORD'S DAY"!

NOW the only problem you have is the need to show scripture that says SUNDAY IS THE LORD'S DAY.

Can you please provide scripture that says SUNDAY or the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK is the "LORD'S DAY"?

If you cannot find any scriptures to say that SUNDAY is the "LORD'S DAY" then you have a problem.

Now let's look at the scriptures that give the answer to our question

Q. WHAT DAY IS THE "LORD'S DAY" ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE?
A.
MATTHEW 12:8 [8], For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Which day is the Lord's Day? THE SABBATH DAY
(MATTHEW 12:8; MARK 2:27-28)

God's WORD says that the SABBATH DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY!

There is NO scripture that says Sunday or the FIRST DAY of the week is the Lords Day. God's Word says the Lord's day is the Sabbath day. This is the day God rested on, he set apart and made a Holy day at the completion of the creation week and made a memorial for all mankind (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11). Jesus is the God of creation and he is the Lord of the Sabbath day (Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:27-28)

Now friend's the SABBATH is the 4th Commandment of God's 10 Commandments and there is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says that God's 4th Commandment has been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep SUNDAY as a HOLY DAY. The same as there is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says that SUNDAY is the LORD'S DAY.

John in the book of REVELATIONS 1:10 was in the SPIRIT on the SABBATH DAY not SUNDAY!

HOW WAS THE LORD'S DAY CHANGED TO SUNDAY?

SUNDAY Worship is a teaching and tradition of men handed down by the Roman Catholic Church that has lead many to break and ignore God's 4th Commandment (Exodus 20:8-11)

ARE YOU FOLLOWING A MAN MADE TRADITION IN SUNDAY WORSHIP?

God's WORD is very clear. If we follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God then we are not following God...

MATTHEW 15:3-9
[3], But he answered and said to them, Why do you also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
[4], For God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death.
[5], But you say, Whoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatever you might be profited by me;
[6], And honor not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have you made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
[7], You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
[8], This people draws near to me with their mouth, and honors me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
[9], But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Who do we believe and follow? The teachings and traditions of men or the WORD of God? Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

SIN is breaking any of God's 10 Commandments (Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; James 2:11; 1 John 3:4) Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT ENTER the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

In times of ignorance God winks at but when as knowledge of the truth has come God calls on all men everywhere to repent and believe his Word (Acts 17:30-31)

God's is calling his people to come out from following the traditions of men to worship him in Spirit and in truth.

God knows many follow these traditions from ignorance because they do not know any better. He loves all and is calling all who have ears to hear and eyes to see. Seek him in prayer asking for his Spirit to guide and teach you. He promises to be your guide and teacher. (John 14:26; 16:13: 7:17)

May God bless you all as you seek him first through his Word. To him be all the glory forever and ever AMEN!

Last edited:

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi All,

This thread is for scripture only. We would like to show that the "LORD'S DAY" that many proclaim is SUNDAY is a false teaching and you will not find this in God's WORD.

Let's start by looking at your scriptures that many use claim SUNDAY is the "LORD'S DAY"

REVELATIONS 1:9-11 [9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. [10], I was in the Spirit on the LORD'S DAY, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, [11], Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What you see, write in a book, and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia; to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.

No doubt about it Revelations 1:10 clearly says that John was in the SPIRIT on the "LORD'S DAY"!

NOW the only problem you have is the need to show scripture that says SUNDAY IS THE LORD'S DAY.

Can you please provide scripture that says SUNDAY is the "LORD'S DAY"?

If you cannot find any scriptures to say that SUNDAY is the "LORD'S DAY" then you have a problem.

What day does scripture say is the LORD'S DAY ?

Let's have a look at the Scriptures...

MATTHEW 12:8 [8] FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY.

Q. WHAT DAY IS THE "LORD'S DAY" ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE?
A.
THE SABBATH DAY (MATTHEW 12:8; MARK 2:27-28)

God's WORD says that the SABBATH DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY!

Now friend's the SABBATH is the 4th Commandment of God's 10 Commandments and there is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says that God's 4th Commandment has been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep SUNDAY as a HOLY DAY. The same as there is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says that SUNDAY is the LORD'S DAY.

John in the book of REVELATIONS 1:10 was in the SPIRIT on the SABBATH DAY not SUNDAY!

SUNDAY Worship is a teaching and tradition of men handed down by the Roman Catholic Church that has lead many to break and ignore God's 4th Commandment (Exodus 20:8-11)

God's WORD is very clear. If we follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God then we are not following God...

MATTHEW 15:3-9
[3], But he answered and said to them, Why do you also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
[4], For God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death.
[5], But you say, Whoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatever you might be profited by me;
[6], And honor not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have you made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
[7], You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
[8], This people draws near to me with their mouth, and honors me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
[9], But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Who do we believe and follow? The teachings and traditions of men or the WORD of God? Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

SIN is breaking any of God's 10 Commandments (Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; James 2:11; 1 John 3:4) Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT ENTER the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

In times of ignorance God winks at but when as knowledge of the truth has come God calls on all men everywhere to repent and believe his Word (Acts 17:30-31)

God's is calling his people to come out from following the traditions of men to worship him in Spirit and in truth.

God knows many follow these traditions from ignorance because they do not know any better. He loves all and is calling all who have ears to hear and eyes to see. Seek him in prayer asking for his Spirit to guide and teach you. He promises to be your guide and teacher. (John 14:26; 16:13: 7:17)

May God bless you all as you seek him first through his Word. To him be all the glory forever and ever AMEN!

The day of Christian worship has been established and need not be revisited.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
If the divinely inspired authors wanted to convey that we are to worship on the Sabbath, why would they not just say so? They use both the terms Sabbath and the Lord's Day, suggesting that they're different.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
OP - You have a case to make, no doubt about it, but is it really a matter of extreme importance? The early Christians reportedly worshiped on both Saturday and Sunday, but they eventually settled on Sunday, as this was considered the Lord's Day. We cannot be certain when this happened. All we do know is that the Catholic/Orthodox Church finally settled on Sunday in the early 300's. I doubt very much that one's salvation is dependent upon which day of the week one decides to worship (and rest, if many Christians even do such anymore and believe me, not very many do.........)

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi All,

If you knew Greek you would not say that...

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Sorry, as before, someone told you that - you did not read that in the Bible yourself.

(It is not found in the Bible)

Stop listening to men, and turn to God for His Revelation if you want to know what God says, He means.

Jesus resurrection was on a Sunday. This is all we need to know that the Lords day, is indeed on a Sunday.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you knew Greek you would not say that...

Hello friend, please make your case from the Greek. I have looked at it already hence the reason for the OP. There is no scripture for Sunday being the "Lord's Day" and nothing in the Geek to say that Sunday is the "Lord's Day" in reference to Revelations 1:10. Please feel free to share if I have missed something.

The GREEK word for SUNDAY is not used in the NEW TESTAMENT only days 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, preparation day, and Sabbath (7th day). The FIRST DAY (our Sunday today) in the NEW TESTAMENT GEREEK is μία των (means FIRST DAY)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I hope you mean that the Lord's Day is not any day of the week, correct ?

It never did mean s7nday, until tradition said so.....

The Greek names of the week would tell you...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hello friend, please make your case from the Greek. I have looked at it already hence the reason for the OP. There is no scripture for Sunday being the "Lord's Day" and nothing in the Geek to say that Sunday is the "Lord's Day" in reference to Revelations 1:10. Please feel free to share if I have missed something.

Κυριακή (Lord's day) Sunday
Δευτέρα (Second day) Monday
Τρίτη (Third day) Tuesday
Τετάρτη (Fourth day) Wednesday
Πέμπτη (Fifth day) Thursday
Παρασκευή ("Preparation") Friday
Σάββατο ("Sabbath") Saturday

• Informative
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Not likely.

The Lord's Day is a Great (the Greatest to be?) Day yet to come....
(as far as I ever saw from Scripture, long ago - haven't had any need to re-visit it in a long time)
The Greek names of the week would tell you...

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Sad...... so sad......
"Not likely" was a gross understatement - Not even close is better....

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Now please link Κυριακή (Lord's day) to scripture showing the First day of the week thanks. Where is Sunday used in refernce in the NEW TESTAMENT writings? You will find in following what you have already provided in the same format for the other days that μία των is used in the NEW TESTAMENT Greek which means FIRST DAY not Κυριακή (Lord's day).

The GREEK words for Sunday, Monday, Tesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday were never used in the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures only day one μία των (First day) through to day 7 which they called Sabbath day.

Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Now please link Κυριακή (Lord's day) Sunday to scripture thanks. Where is this used in refernce in the NEW TESTAMENT writings? You will find in following what you have already provided in the same format for the other days that μία is used in the NEW TESTAMENT Greek which means FIRST DAY not Κυριακή (Lord's day).

You are wrong. Revelation 1:10... ἐγενόμην ἐν Πνεύματι ἐν τῇ κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are wrong. Revelation 1:10... ἐγενόμην ἐν Πνεύματι ἐν τῇ κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ

No I am not. The term "Lord's day" used here in Revelation 1:10 is not linked to μία των which is used in the NEW TESTAMENT Greek which means FIRST DAY.

You have not been able to link the word used in Revelations 1:10 "Lords Day κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ to any scripture reference in the NEW TESTAMENT to μιά των σαββάτων (the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK).

κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μία the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge in this OP is to prove that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week and prove it from the scriptures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Sad...... so sad......
"Not likely" was a gross understatement - Not even close is better....

You are wrong. We have known this as fact for close to 2000 yrs. What you are talking of is "the last great day", not Sunday.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No I am not. The term "Lord's day" used here in Revelation 1:10 is not linked to μία which is used in the NEW TESTAMENT Greek which means FIRST DAY.

You have not been able to link the word used in Revelations 1:10 "Lords Day κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ to any scripture reference in the NEW TESTAMENT to μία the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μία the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge in this OP is to prove that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week and prove it from the scriptures.

that is just plain silly. I am not going to continue arguing a fact that 1+ 1 = 2 while you continue to say it equals 11...

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Romans 14:5 One person [c]regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, [d]does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 7 For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; 8 for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. 11 For it is written,

“As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall [e]give praise to God.”

12 So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.

13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this—not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother’s way.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are wrong. We have known this as fact for close to 2000 yrs. What you are talking of is "the last great day", not Sunday.

Not at all I am only sharing from God's WORD that the scripture reference that many use to Sunday as the "LORD'S DAY" in Revelations 1:10 is not biblical.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.