What day do you believe is the “Lord's Day” in Revelation 1:10?

• Total voters

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Friendly reminder: Please stop promoting the Sabbath command in this thread. I will no longer discuss that topic. This thread is about explaining what you think the Lord’s day is in Revelation 1:10. Please. No multiple consecutive posts and or book length answers or walls of text promoting the Sabbath command. That is not what this thread is about. I am not even remotely interested in reading long posts in defense of the Sabbath from Sabbatarians. State your reasons for what you believe Revelation 1:10 is talking about alone and try to keep your posts as short, and brief as possible.

Please do not continue to disrupt my thread with an off topic discussion that I am not interested in discussing anymore. For I might have stuck with you if you gave me a short one time small post, but once the multiple posts start, that is where the thread starts to become derailed. So please. No more.
The Sabbath is the Lord's day according to God. Exodus 20:8-11, Isaiah 58:13, Mark 2:28, Isaiah 66:23. So the Sabbath commandment is very applicable to this thread. You have yet to provide any scripture where God said the first day is the Lords day and you can easily read the scripturas I posted where God already claimed His holy day and it is unchanged from the beginning Genesis 2:1-3 to the end Isaiah 66:23

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath is the Lord's day according to God. Exodus 20:8-11, Isaiah 58:13, Mark 2:28, Isaiah 66:23. So the Sabbath commandment is very applicable to this thread. You have yet to provide any scripture where God said the first day is the Lords day and you can easily read the scripturas I posted where God already claimed His holy day and it is unchanged from the beginning Genesis 2:1-3 to the end Isaiah 66:23

Well, I am the creator of this thread and I am the one who decides what is on topic and off topic to the thread title and OP I created. Ranting on about the Saturday Sabbath command as being in effect is entirely different in it’s focus than talking about giving reasons to the identity of the Lord’s day in Revelation 1:10. I honestly do not understand the unhealthy pre-occupation with the sabbath by Sabbatarians, but it is not shared. Please keep your unwanted Sabbatarian promotions out of my thread please. They are not welcome in any way.

For how would you like it if somebody kept cramming your mailbox with offers that you did not want to a point that you could not even open your mail box? That is what this feels like. How would you feel if solicitors kept ringing your doorbell every hour trying to sell you junk you didn’t want? So please stop spamming my thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, I am the creator of this thread and I am the one who decides what is on topic and off topic to the thread title and OP I created. Ranting on about the Saturday Sabbath command as being in effect is entirely different in it’s focus than talking about giving reasons to the identity of the Lord’s day in Revelation 1:10. I honestly do not understand the unhealthy pre-occupation with the sabbath by Sabbatarians, but it is not shared. Please keep your unwanted Sabbatarian promotions out of my thread please. They are not welcome in any way.

For how would you like it if somebody kept cramming your mailbox with offers that you did not want to a point that you could not even open your mail box? That is what this feels like. How would you feel if solicitors kept ringing your doorbell every hour trying to sell you junk you didn’t want? So please stop spamming my thread.
To be honest I would be more concerned why anyone would not want to obey God and keep the holy day of the Lord or try to change it into something that has no scripture to back up. If you're being honest with yourself, you know there is no scripture where God made Sunday a commandment, told us to keep the first day holy or called Sunday the Lords day, otherwise it would have been posted by now. God claimed His holy day what is it you do not believe about these scriptures?

Exodus 20: 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Isaiah 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight The holy day of the Lord honorable, And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure, Nor speaking your own words, (how can you possibly argue the Lord's day is the first day when this makes it so clear which is the Lords day)

Mark 2:28 Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”

My holy day, the holy day of the Lord, Lord of the Sabbath day, the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God-
how much more clearer does it need to be the Sabbath is the Lords day.

The scripture is right in front of you and it's why the Sabbath will be the day of worship for eternity Isaiah 66:23. You are free to believe as you want, but when Jesus says If you love Me, keep My commandments, He meant all of them.

I will be off for now but hopefully you will consider these powerful scriptures from our Creator and Redeemer.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An observation about these passages that I hope fit with the topic of the thread.

Isaiah 66:23 It shall happen, that from one new moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me," says the LORD.

Bible translations seem to be about equally divided about whether it's new moon to new moon or month to month. It kind of depends on whether one believes the new Moon festival would be coming back or not, imo.

From the context, it also appears that "come to worship" means come to Jerusalem.

I'm not inclined to think of New Moon festivals coming back, but then there is this interesting prophecy

Zechariah 14:16 It will happen that everyone who is left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of booths. 17It will be, that whoever of all the families of the earth doesn't go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18If the family of Egypt doesn't go up and enter in, on them will be the plague with which the LORD will strike the nations that do not go up to keep the feast of booths. 19This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to keep the feast of booths.

The feast of booths? Seriously?

What's going on here? I don't really know.

But it does seem that to be consistent, if one is looking forward to keeping the "from Sabbath to another" in the future,

one would also look forward to doing that in Jerusalem,

and keeping the feasts of the new moon and of booths.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To be honest I would be more concerned why anyone would not want to obey God and keep the holy day of the Lord or try to change it into something that has no scripture to back up. If you're being honest with yourself, you know there is no scripture where God made Sunday a commandment, told us to keep the first day holy or called Sunday the Lords day, otherwise it would have been posted by now. God claimed His holy day what is it you do not believe about these scriptures?

Exodus 20: 8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Isaiah 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight The holy day of the Lord honorable, And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure, Nor speaking your own words, (how can you possibly argue the Lord's day is the first day when this makes it so clear which is the Lords day)

Mark 2:28 Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”

My holy day, the holy day of the Lord, Lord of the Sabbath day, the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God-
how much more clearer does it need to be the Sabbath is the Lords day.

The scripture is right in front of you and it's why the Sabbath will be the day of worship for eternity Isaiah 66:23. You are free to believe as you want, but when Jesus says If you love Me, keep My commandments, He meant all of them.

I will be off for now but hopefully you will consider these powerful scriptures from our Creator and Redeemer.

Well, we have already been over the verses of why I believe the Sabbath does not exist as a command under this current dispensation. But do you honestly think I am going to read this after what I posted? It’s just more Sabbatarian spam in my thread that I specifically said that I did not want several times. So please stop spamming my thread.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am moving on from this discussion with you and other Sabbatarians. You appear to see only the Sabbath in everything

In fact I never say that. And is it not "odd" that when I point out that you are positioning your posts to be in opposition with Bible scholars on BOTH sides of the Sabbath topic in almost all denominations you come back with a "you and other Sabbatarians" response? Don't you first need to fix your position a bit so as to actually oppose just the Sabbatarian Bible scholars?

Were we simply "not supposed to notice"?

when the faith that the Bible I read is all about Jesus Christ and in living for Him

He is the one that said "If you Love Me KEEP My Commandments" John 14:15 and according to Paul in Heb 8 - HE (Jesus Christ) is the one speaking at Sinai.

So far in this post above - you have set aside every Bible text in my post including my quotes of Christ.

. For I have already demonstrated that the word “sabbath” by a recent Bible study is not in the way that SDA’s desire it to be in the New Testament.

Which is refuted in Acts 18:4 and in Acts 13 where gentiles ask for more Gospel preaching "the next Sabbath" and in Acts 17 "Sabbath after Sabbath after Sabbath". not just the "every Sabbath" format of Acts 18:4.

The topic of discussion of this thread is the Lord’s day in Revelation 1:10 and what you think that is with Scripture, .

Which I address here 475

As well as elsewhere. My posts are all in response to what you post -- as I show in each post

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, we have already been over the verses of why I believe the Sabbath does not exist as a command under this current dispensation. But do you honestly think I am going to read this after what I posted? It’s just more Sabbatarian spam in my thread that I specifically said that I did not want several times. So please stop spamming my thread.
Scripture that disagrees with your teachings in a discussion forum showing that God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandment has not been abolished in the new covenant and that "the Lords day" is the Sabbath day and not Sunday or the first day of the week is not Sabbatarian spam it is God's Word disagreeing with your words that are not God's Word which is on topic to this OP and now that scriptures have been shared with you that disagree with your teachings you no longer want to talk about it? I wonder why that is. According to the scriptures we should not be afraid to come to the light of Gods' Word as it is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path when the road is dark and narrow (see John 3:18-20; Psalms 119:105) only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29.

Take Care

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Friendly reminder: Please stop promoting the Sabbath command in this thread. I will no longer discuss that topic. This thread is about explaining what you think the Lord’s day is in Revelation 1:10.

It is what scripture says it is in Isaiah 58:13 and Mark 2:28 as already noted in prior posts.

Please do not continue to disrupt my thread with an off topic discussion that I am not interested in discussing anymore.

You bring up a Rev 1:10 discussion which can be read "your way" to mean what you seem to hope it references - or it can mean what scripture shows it to mean in Isaiah 58:13 and Mark 2:28. Your statement is of the form "I only want my view of Rev 1:10 presented on this thread".

This is the General Theology discussion forum and there is no such thing on this forum as "here is a Bible text and I only want my view of it posted on this thread"

you could post "John 12:32 and I don't want a Sabbath topic brought into this " - and that would make sense. But you are picking a text where Sabbath is one of the valid answers.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is what scripture says it is in Isaiah 58:13 and Mark 2:28 as already noted in prior posts.

You bring up a Rev 1:10 discussion which can be read "your way" to mean what you seem to hope it references - or it can mean what scripture shows it to mean in Isaiah 58"13 and Mark 2:28. Your statement is of the form "I only want my view of Rev 1:10 presented on this thread"

No. I don’t mind a person sharing their viewpoint on their view of the Lord’s day in Revelation 1:10 (even if it was the Sabbath), but I did not want endless walls of text from other posters on off topic discussions like: “The Sabbath command is still in effect today”; So the endless walls of text that clog up the discussion was not what I had in mind. That’s an entirely different topic of the OP, and it would be spam. I have only entertained the Sabbath command issue as a small side discussion, but I did want endless walls of text invading my thread on an off topic discussion. That would be spamming my thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No. I don’t mind a person sharing their viewpoint on their view of the Lord’s day in Revelation 1:10 (even if it was the Sabbath), but I did not want endless walls of text from other posters on off topic discussions like: “The Sabbath command is still in effect today”; So the endless walls of text that clog up the discussion was not what I had in mind. That’s an entirely different topic of the OP, and it would be spam. I have only entertained the Sabbath command issue as a small side discussion, but I did want endless walls of text invading my thread on an off topic discussion. That would be spamming my thread.
Yet from what I can see these posters are only responding to everything you have said in your posts section by section and scripture by scripture showing why they disagree with your claims and teachings. If this is off topic in your view perhaps it is because you have led the discussion that way and were you not the one posting walls of text to begin with and now your upset because someone responded to your posts showing from the bible why they disagree with your teachings from the scriptures?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No. I don’t mind a person sharing their viewpoint on their view of the Lord’s day in Revelation 1:10 (even if it was the Sabbath), but I did not want endless walls of text from other posters on off topic discussions like: “The Sabbath command is still in effect today”; So the endless walls of text that clog up the discussion

ok granted. But I don't do the "endless wall of texts" response - I am just pointing out that Rev 1:10 as explained by Isaiah 58:13 and Mark 2:28 pointing to the Sabbath as the Lord's Day - is further benefited by the fact that it was still supposed to be valid at the time of Rev 1:10

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all who continue to post about the Sabbath being still in effect:

Please stop posting in this thread about promoting the idea that the Sabbath command is still in effect. I will only ask one more time kindly to please stop. I have said what I did with Scripture to show that the Sabbath is not in effect, and I will not endlessly argue the same points I already made based on Titus 3:9.

“But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.” (Titus 3:9).

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

In your reading of Rev 1:10 is the "Lord's Day" still in effect at the time John is writing?
Is it "off topic" to argue that in Rev 1:10 the "Lord's Day" still in effect??

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Please stop posting in this thread about promoting the idea that the Sabbath command is still in effect. I will only ask one more time kindly to please stop. I have said what I did with Scripture to show that the Sabbath is not in effect, and I will not endlessly argue the same points I already made based on Titus 3:9.

“But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.” (Titus 3:9).
Why? We believe that the scriptures teach that the Sabbath is "the Lords day" as shown in Matthew 12:8 and other scriptures. Isn't this what the OP topic is about? As shown from the scriptures in this thread the Sabbath is a part of God's New covenant as are all of God's 10 commandments and Titus 3:9 has nothing to do with God's 10 commandments which are discussed all through the old and new covenant scriptures. Titus 3:9 says But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law νομικός ; nomikos (G3544); for they are unprofitable and vain. The word law used here is νομικός ; nomikos (G3544) which means ceremonial laws. So the scripture says to avoid foolish questions in relation to tracing generations [Geneologies] and having contentions about the ceremonial laws that are unprofitable. It is not talking about discussing God's 10 commandments which under the new covenant scriptures are the standard of good (moral right doing) and evil (moral wrong doing); sin (moral wrong doing) and righteousness (moral right doing) *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172 which also includes God's 4th commandment Sabbath which is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ok granted. But I don't do the "endless wall of texts" response - I am just pointing out that Rev 1:10 as explained by Isaiah 58:13 and Mark 2:28 pointing to the Sabbath as the Lord's Day - is further benefited by the fact that it was still supposed to be valid at the time of Rev 1:10

Thank you for not doing that.
I also see why you can conclude with those verses why would believe that, but for me, Sunday seems more fitting as the Lord’s day because of Colossians 2:14-17, Romans 14:5, Acts of the Apostles 15, Galatians 5:3-4, etc. and in the fact that at the weekly fellowship of the Lord’s supper was done on the first day of the week. For 1 Corinthians 10 and 1 Corinthians 11 mentions Lord’s table, Lord’s supper, and the cup of the Lord (all suggesting the feast that the disciples shared in for the New Covenant). The Scriptures say they broke bread on the first day. This is the Lord’s supper. This is why I see it is the most logical choice why the Lord’s day in Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. It’s the day we would expect Christians (Not Sabbath celebrating Jews) to celebrate because it is the celebration of His resurrection.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In your reading of Rev 1:10 is the "Lord's Day" still in effect at the time John is writing?
Is it "off topic" to argue that in Rev 1:10 the "Lord's Day" still in effect??

I was not referring to your post by that statement. I said to those who have been disruptive by long walls of texts that did not always deal with the topic of the OP.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ok I see you are not interested in a discussion of the scriptures if the scriptures do not agree with you as you have pretty much ignored all my posts and scriptures shared with you that show why your teachings are not biblical so I guess we will agree to disagree and I will leave it between you and God to work through. I may open this as another thread topic for anyone else who may wish to discuss it though. I have had this topic as my own OP in the past and I find it of interest.

Take Care :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for not doing that.
I also see why you can conclude with those verses why would believe that, but for me, Sunday seems more fitting as the Lord’s day because of Colossians 2:14-17

Ok but that is an example where we differ and that difference is going to show up in the posts.

Col 2 is a chapter about two things
1. Not judging others (which is no change from Matt 7:1-5 - "judge not")
2. Making stuff up in man-made tradition (which was condemned in Mark 7:7-13)

Neither of which is a change from the pre-cross situation.

Paul is not deleting/negating scripture in Col 2 - he is refuting man-made-tradition.

============= Col 2

Acts 15:1-2 the historic context of some folks 'making stuff up' and saying that one cannot be saved unless they comply with the made-up rules. In Col 2:14-15 Paul points out that salvation is through Christ who paid the debt of sin owed. Then Paul goes after all the various forms of making-stuff-up showing how it is condemned.

Col 2:
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ

Col 2:18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflatedwithout cause by his fleshly mind,
19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

Col 2
20 If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as,
21 “Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22 (which all refer to things destined to perish with use)—in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men?

22 Which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh. (KJV)

23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.(NASB)

Last edited:
Upvote 0