Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
While translating Revelation from the Greek texts I saw how this word used for "lamb-kin" looked in the Greek.

This word used for "lambkin" in Revelation is rather unique, as it is used only once outside of Revelation [John 21:15]. It appears to closely resemble the greek word for "disown/denied"

Revelation Chapter 5 verse by verse - Christian Forums
Revelation 5 verse by verse

Revelation 5:6 And I saw in midst of the throne and of the four living-ones and in midst of the elders a lamb-kin standing, as having been slaughtered, having horns, seven, and eyes, seven, whom/M-P are the seven spirits of the GOD having been commissioned into all the land.

ByzMaj) Revelation 5:6 kai eidon en mesw tou qronou kai twn tessarwn zwwn kai en mesw twn presbuterwn arnion esthkoV wV esfagmenon econ kerata epta kai ofqalmouV epta a eisin ta epta pneumata tou qeou apostellomena eiV pasan thn ghn

John 21:15 When then they dine is saying to the Simon Peter, the Jesus, "Simon of Jonas/John, thou are loving Me more of these?"
He is saying to Him, "Yea Lord! Thou has perceived that I am being-affectionate/fond of Thee."
He is saying to him, `Be thou grazing/boske <1006>! the Lamb-kins/arnia <721> of Me .'

1 John 2:22 Any is the Falsifier if no the one denying/arnou-menoV <720> (5740) that Jesus not is the Christ, this one is the anti-christ, the one denying/arnou-menoV <720> (5740) the Father and the Son.

Wow, in rev 5:6, the description of the Lamb boggles me mind.....that would be quite a sight to see.....

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus While translating Revelation from the Greek texts I saw how this word used for "lamb-kin" looked in the Greek.
Wow, in rev 5:6, the description of the Lamb boggles me mind.....that would be quite a sight to see.....
It boggled my mind also.....which isn't hard to do ehehe

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
LLOJ, I don't mean to be rude but isn't it time you started giving your opinion on what you've found? I hope I'm not the only one in this forum to say this, but I struggle at times to understand the point you are raising, when you connect words like this (Maybe its just me):blush:

Here's my two cents worth, feel free to correct me if I haven't grasped it. The suffering servant is Christ? Yes. The ones who denied him were the Jews? Yes.
So why is Jesus telling Peter to preach unto the Jews, when we know he was the disciple who preached to the Gentiles in the Roman's house?

Did Jesus tell Peter to feed the Jews when he said feed my sheep? .....Am I on the wrong track or what?:confused:
Where is it ever mentioned Peter was sent to Rome to preach?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
[SIZE=+1]According to A.T. Robertson, who taught PhD level Greek for 47 years
Word Pictures in the N.T. - Rev 5:6 -
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]And I saw (kai eidon). Stirred by the words of the elder in Rev_5:5 (idou, behold). “I beheld.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]A Lamb (arnion). Elsewhere in the N.T. ho amnos is used of Christ (Joh_1:29, Joh_1:36; Act_8:32; 1Pe_1:19 like Isa_53:7), but in the Apocalypse to arnion occurs for the Crucified Christ 29 times in twelve chapters.[/SIZE]
Ahhh. Never thought of it that way. Thanks

Upvote 0