The Kurds didn’t help in WW2 or during D-Day..

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The Donald said that in response to a question about the threat they’re now facing from Turkey..

He also brushed off concerns about escaping ISIS captives by saying they’ll just go to Europe..

Yeah, both these things genuinely just happened..

Oh and Turkey say Trump knew all about their planned invasion and was ok with it, but then we already all knew that deep down.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The Donald said that in response to a question about the threat they’re now facing from Turkey..

He also brushed off concerns about escaping ISIS captives by saying they’ll just go to Europe..

Oh and Turkey say Trump knew all about their planned invasion and was ok with it, but then we already all knew that deep down.
jesus.jpg

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,907.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Please can you post a link?

• Agree
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps he's perplexed by the fetishizing of the Kurds that we see in among the US political class. Of course they don't really care about the Kurds, they just want the Kurdish militias to be able to serve as proxies of Washington to keep a US foothold in the region.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The US of A is notorious for throwing allies under the bus - remember the Marsh Arabs, for instance.

And people wonder why Arabs have issues with the US.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

The USA has a history of using allies and betraying them. The Kurds are either naive or using the scenario to hit the US with a guilt trip. As an outside observer, I wonder why the US has been sucked into these conflicts in the first place. Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria have been disasters. Has an American administration ever known anything about Middle East culture? It seems not. It's easy for the biggest army to win a war. It takes far more intelligent strategy to win the peace.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Twitter feed from FOX reporter Jennifer Griffin who has been talking to a special forces veteran on the front line in Syria..

I just spoke to a distraught US Special Forces soldier who is among the 1000 or so US troops in Syria tonight who is serving alongside the SDF Kurdish forces. It was one of the hardest phone calls I have ever taken.

"I am ashamed for the first time in my career."

This veteran US Special forces soldier has trained indigenous forces on multiple continents. He is on the frontlines tonight and said they are witnessing Turkish atrocities.

"Turkey is not doing what it agreed to. It's horrible," this military source on the ground told me.
"We met every single security agreement. The Kurds met every single agreement. There was NO threat to the Turks - NONE - from this side of the border." "This is insanity," the concerned US service member told me. ""I don't know what they call atrocities but they are happening."

Thread by @JenGriffinFNC: "I just spoke to a distraught US Special Forces soldier who is among the 1000 or so US troops in Syria tonight who is serving alongside the S […]"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The USA has a history of using allies and betraying them. The Kurds are either naive or using the scenario to hit the US with a guilt trip. As an outside observer, I wonder why the US has been sucked into these conflicts in the first place. Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria have been disasters. Has an American administration ever known anything about Middle East culture? It seems not. It's easy for the biggest army to win a war. It takes far more intelligent strategy to win the peace.

The Kurds are not naive, they’re a persecuted people who are desperate for outside aid. It’s not as simple as just ‘they should have known better’.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The Kurds are not naive, they’re a persecuted people who are desperate for outside aid. It’s not as simple as just ‘they should have known better’.
Mr Trump has been signalling his intentions for quite some time. I'm not saying that I agree with him. I am saying that the Kurds should have a "plan B". Maybe they do, I don't know.

"History teaches us that we learn nothing from history". I'm old enough to remember the Vietnam fiasco. Obviously no administration has learned from that disaster. Neither have the Kurds.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
hmmm...... just briefly (and almost accidently) seeing some of the news/ comments about this,

I wondered what world power (spiritual?) was directing the political / economic decisions ?

Think financial power... Donald has businesses and properties in Turkey; pleasing Erdogan is profitable.

Upvote 0