Self-descriptive Phrase
Nov 3, 2016
Texas
✟8,767.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As both a lifelong student of history and a lifelong Christian (though only mature for the past couple of years), I enjoy tying my pre-existing knowledge of history in with the workings and designs of God (an example of this being the hundreds of years of Greco-Persian conflict fulfilling that which was foretold in Daniel through Alexander the Great). I started this tread to see if anyone else felt the same as I do, and if so, which examples are especially interesting to you? Lastly, praise the Lord for the genius with which he has created and orchestrates all things!

Reactions: Ken Rank

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As both a lifelong student of history and a lifelong Christian (though only mature for the past couple of years), I enjoy tying my pre-existing knowledge of history in with the workings and designs of God (an example of this being the hundreds of years of Greco-Persian conflict fulfilling that which was foretold in Daniel through Alexander the Great). I started this tread to see if anyone else felt the same as I do, and if so, which examples are especially interesting to you? Lastly, praise the Lord for the genius with which he has created and orchestrates all things!
Interesting idea for a thread. I don't have any one example because while I think God can do something in an immediate fashion, most of what has happened throughout history happens over time, as a process. Consider Abraham, much of what was promised to him STILL to this day has not been fulfilled. Or the breakup of Israel into two Kingdoms and how the Northern Kingdom remains in the nations to this very day yet with a promise to return to the Land. So I will be interested to see what others share here.
Blessings.
Ken

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
One must be careful to ascribe something to God. God may have prophesied that things would occur, but this may merely be God knowing what choices men would make utilising their free will.

There are also cases where people claimed God was on their side: Good examples are the USA's manifest destiny which saw Indians dispossessed and the trail of tears or the 'Deus Vult' crusading spirit.
It is somewhat debatable whether God intervened or not, although everything happens by His leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0