Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The iconic, famously woke ice cream company, Ben & Jerry’s, announced on Monday that it will no longer sell its product in “Occupied Palestinian Territory.” As the company explained, “We believe it is inconsistent with our values for Ben & Jerry’s ice cream to be sold in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT).” However, they added, “Although Ben & Jerry’s will no longer be sold in the OPT, we will stay in Israel through a different arrangement.”

Put another way (and to read between the lines), “We will continue to sell our ice cream to the evil oppressors in their own apartheid state, one that was founded on genocide and ethnic cleansing and one that exists to this day on stolen Palestinian land. But we will not sell our ice cream to these evil oppressors who live in illegal settlements in other portions of equally stolen land.”

How righteous. How consistent. How just.

One Jewish State

Continued below.
The Incredible Incoherence of Ben & Jerry’s Capitulation to the BDS Movement | The Stream

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't eat Ben & Jerry's anymore specifically because it's woke. It's a shame, because Chocolate Therapy flavor is really good and I can eat like a whole pint of it in one shot, but it's not worth supporting a woke company. It's the same reason I don't go to Starbucks anymore: I like their coffee, but when I see employees being forced to wear shirts that say "Black Lives Matter", it makes me not want to spend my money and enable them to propagate their far left values on the society anymore (I've discovered that Dunkin Coffee or the coffee from the local shop, one owned by Christians, is much better than Starbucks bitter coffee).

I stopped buying things at Target as well because I saw employees wearing "Black Lives Matter" shirts, so now when I need the type of things that Target sells, I go to Walmart and get their Equate brand instead. Ideally I would be able to avoid spending money at woke businesses at all, and I go out of my way to try and do this, but I still have to order things from Amazon on occasion and they were trying to shove "Black Stories" down my throat on the Prime app, so I just cancelled prime.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They need to just stick to making ice cream.

Most companies need to just stick to what it is that they do, but the problem is that if they don't take a (woke) stance on every hot-button issue in the national conversation, they'll be harassed by woke leftists until they do. This is interesting to me, because woke leftists don't strike me as the type to really have the money to be able to influence corporate "social policy" as most of them refuse to work and just expect the people who do work to subsidize them to go to college endlessly to study things that have no real world application. So really I don't understand how their pressure campaigns are always so successful but I watch to see which companies go woke and then I personally stop doing business with these companies.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Most companies need to just stick to what it is that they do, but the problem is that if they don't take a (woke) stance on every hot-button issue in the national conversation, they'll be harassed by woke leftists until they do. This is interesting to me, because woke leftists don't strike me as the type to really have the money to be able to influence corporate "social policy" as most of them refuse to work and just expect the people who do work to subsidize them to go to college endlessly to study things that have no real world application. So really I don't understand how their pressure campaigns are always so successful but I watch to see which companies go woke and then I personally stop doing business with these companies.
I think Ben and Jerry were always "hippy-ish" and prone to go liberal with their thinking. Just wish people would just sell their product based on how good it is instead of politicizing everything.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just wish people would just sell their product based on how good it is instead of politicizing everything.

It's become much more of a problem than it was even five years ago & this is because radical left activists organize campaigns to lean on these companies until they adopt woke politics which, like I said, doesn't make a whole lot of sense because woke people don't tend to work and only spend money on marijuana, alcohol, and inappropriate contentography most of the time. At least the ones that have (mommy & daddy's) money anyway...

Upvote 0