The Impeachment of George W. Bush

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It would be good idea, were it possible. But in this nation, only the Republicans have the power to impeach a president- and they will not do so. Ethics are no longer a concern to most of those who sit in our Senate, only position and power. Right or wrong, Bush was the candidate of the party who holds the power, and they will stand by him until he does something that truly cannot be ignored.

Upvote 0

loriersea

Oct 11, 2005
Detroit, MI
Visit site
✟11,071.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Waiting for the Verdict said:
Dislike him, but don't want to impeach him.

That's the way I feel. Honestly, I'm sure he deserves to be impeached, given the numerous illegal things done by him and his administration, but I don't think it's worth it.

I have so little faith left in the political process at all, it's depressing.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I read most of that just now. I think most of what he's done is impeachable but do we really want Dick Cheney in charge?? ;) He scares me more than Bush does.
Interesting aside. The article mentions Nixon being impeached. Well, guess who was Nixon's golden boy during that time? George H.W. Bush. Food for thought...:cool:

Upvote 0

OutCasteChild

Feb 3, 2006
Illinois
✟15,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Impeaching him would be more trouble than it's worth. Neuter him with a hostile Congress in 2006 and watch him destroy the Republicans chances of retaining the presidency in 2008. Cause you just know he'll start throwing temper tantrums if he doesn't get his way.

Upvote 0

OutCasteChild

Feb 3, 2006
Illinois
✟15,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
HowardDean said:
He is jsut doing what he is told from behind the scenes (and I don't mean Cheney). If he didn't, he would be removed by the people behind the scenes. I can't completely fault him.

You're right his corporate masters are pulling his strings, but that is no more a defense then a soldier saying he commited war crimes because, "I was just following orders." He has the choice to make the right decision, but he has not so he is guilty for what he has done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Xelsorsior said:
My comments are held in reserve, but the powers that be are ordained of God. Doesn't mean that they are God like, just that they are there because that is what God wants for His Glory, no matter the outcome.
Could you expand on this a bit?

Upvote 0

*Liberty*

The need to be right is the sign of a vulgar mind
Feb 6, 2006
✟15,199.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
AngylBelle said:
The Impeachment of George W. Bush

Written by a former member of Congress who sat on the House Judiciary Committee during the impeachment proceedings against President Richard Nixon.

What are some thoughts on this?

I understand where she is coming from but it is the entire administration that is messed up, not just GWB. I would go as far as even saying Dick Cheney would be an even more dangerous President, that is if you don't already consider him to be the one in charge. ;)

As much as I dislike our president, I'd rather just stick out the next few years and pray that the conservative strong-hold ceases to exist in the next election rather than huff and puff about him now. Our country wouldn't be in any better shape with another of his pawn's in charge instead of him. :sigh:

I look forward to 2008...both anxiously and wearily.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums