Not open for further replies.

Gipper

Dec 2, 2006
✟7,903.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://evolutionisforidiots.com/Evolution_is_for_Idiots.com/Requirements_of_Atheism.html

1) If you are an atheist, you should not acknowledge the year.
2) If you are an atheist, you should not celebrate New Year’s Eve.
3) If you are an atheist, you should not use the word “love.”
4) If you are an atheist, you should not get married.
5) If you are an atheist, you should not acknowledge the days of the week.
6) If you are an evolutionist/atheist, owning pets is a form of slavery.
7) If you are an evolutionist/atheist, eating anything that was living is a form of cannibalism.
8) If you are an evolutionist, you must be wary of the apes taking over.

Logic_Fault

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi Ubique
Dec 16, 2004
✟16,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It's so difficult to tell if posts like this are real or not. I'll reply anyway... I'm bored.

1) If you are an atheist, you should not acknowledge the year. 2007 years since what? The birth of Jesus of course. You should consider the year something like 2,478,256,972, to acknowledge when the rock gave birth to the paramecium in the magic soup or whatever.
Uh huh. Why would we do that?

Also, your understanding of abiogenesis is amusingly flawed.

2) If you are an atheist, you should not celebrate New Year’s Eve. Again, it is an acknowledgment of the length of time that has passed since the birth of Jesus.
No, it's a length of time established by a doctor to be the amount of time that has passed since the time of Jesus' birth. Unfortunately all he had to go on to arrive at that date was a highly suspicious chronology and guesswork which make the dating system pretty much arbitrary. Much like any other calendar which is also, essentially, an arbitrary division of time.

3) If you are an atheist, you should not use the word “love.” Since God is love, you should not use this term to describe how you feel about people or pets, since you do not believe it exists. Use a term like “have positive chemical reactions when near,” or other atheism-compliant descriptive terms.
God is "love" eh? Someone needs to read the Old Testament again and pay attention this time.

4) If you are an atheist, you should not get married. Since marriage is a religious term describing the spiritual union between a man and a woman that love each-other, you should avoid this. Plus, it has to do with that “L” word.
Marriage is an agreement between two people. Religion and, as far as I'm concerned, government have nothing at all to do with it.

5) If you are an atheist, you should not acknowledge the days of the week. The days of the week are based on the seven days God used to make the Universe. You, as an atheist/evolutionist, believe the Universe created itself for no reason out of nothing.
The days of the week are named for Anglo-Saxon deities, with the exception of Saturday which is named for Saturn--a Roman deity. The idea of seven days for a week seems to have originated with the Babylonians or Sumerians.

6) If you are an evolutionist/atheist, owning pets is a form of slavery. You believe that descendants of those “pets” you own will be people someday. How long will it be before you draw the line between owning pets and enslaving your peers? Those pets’ descendants deserve better than to have you degrading the integrity of their lineage.
I see your understanding of evolution is just as complete as your understanding of abiogenesis and chronology.

7) If you are an evolutionist/atheist, eating anything that was living is a form of cannibalism. You believe that descendants of animals and even plants could be people someday. To avoid becoming a cannibal, you should adhere to a strict diet of milk and cheese, and make sure there are no signs of living organisms in either. Hmm... On second thought... atheists shouldn’t think cannibalism is wrong, because to them, right and wrong don’t exist.
Neither plants nor animals will be "people" some day. Evolution does not state this and, likely, you know this already.

Atheism says nothing about "right and wrong."

Side note: Society accepts and embraces eating meat, so can somebody tell my why so many atheists are vegetarians because they think eating meat is wrong? What makes it wrong?
I'm not a vegetarian so you'll have to ask someone else. I would guess it has something to do with infringing on the rights of other sentient creatures to live.

8) If you are an evolutionist, you must be wary of the apes taking over. You believe that it’s not a questions of “if” all the apes, chimps and monkeys will morph into walking, talking ape-men, it’s just a question of “when.” It’s the cornerstone of your religion....Be on the lookout. Oh...and bad news... dolphins are even smarter than monkeys. How long until they become intelligent enough to build an underwater assault against humanity?
Evolution is not a religion. "Ape-men" exist only in bad movies and creationist propaganda.

I find it very difficult to believe you're serious with any of this. I answered anyway though. Happy now?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
1) If you are an atheist, you should not acknowledge the year. 2007 years since what? The birth of Jesus of course. You should consider the year something like 2,478,256,972, to acknowledge when the rock gave birth to the paramecium in the magic soup or whatever.

Why not? Jesus was not born 2007 years ago -- the Christians got it wrong by at least half a decade.

If you are a Christian, you should look into the real birth year of Jesus.

2) If you are an atheist, you should not celebrate New Year’s Eve. Again, it is an acknowledgment of the length of time that has passed since the birth of Jesus.

Actually, it's an acknowledgement that the Earth has made yet another full revolution around the Sun.

3) If you are an atheist, you should not use the word “love.” Since God is love, you should not use this term to describe how you feel about people or pets, since you do not believe it exists. Use a term like “have positive chemical reactions when near,” or other atheism-compliant descriptive terms.

God is Love? Read the Old Testament sometime.

In any case, the Bible did not create the English Language -- quite the other way around. If you are a Christian, you should be speaking Hebrew

4) If you are an atheist, you should not get married. Since marriage is a religious term describing the spiritual union between a man and a woman that love each-other, you should avoid this. Plus, it has to do with that “L” word.

The L word here being "LOL." Marriage has only within the last century or so having anything to do with love -- and certainly not during Biblical times.

If you are a Christian, you would do well to study some history.

5) If you are an atheist, you should not acknowledge the days of the week. The days of the week are based on the seven days God used to make the Universe. You, as an atheist/evolutionist, believe the Universe created itself for no reason out of nothing.

If you're a Christian, you shouldn't call the days of the week by name. Don't you know that they're named after Pagan Gods?

6) If you are an evolutionist/atheist, owning pets is a form of slavery. You believe that descendants of those “pets” you own will be people someday. How long will it be before you draw the line between owning pets and enslaving your peers? Those pets’ descendants deserve better than to have you degrading the integrity of their lineage.

If you are a Christian, you should be working hard to repeal the thirteenth amendment, since slavery is a perfectly acceptable Biblical practice.

7) If you are an evolutionist/atheist, eating anything that was living is a form of cannibalism. You believe that descendants of animals and even plants could be people someday. To avoid becoming a cannibal, you should adhere to a strict diet of milk and cheese, and make sure there are no signs of living organisms in either. Hmm... On second thought... atheists shouldn’t think cannibalism is wrong, because to them, right and wrong don’t exist.

If you are a Christian, then cannibalism is perfectly acceptable, since the flesh and blood of your savior is consumed every Sunday.

8) If you are an evolutionist, you must be wary of the apes taking over. You believe that it’s not a questions of “if” all the apes, chimps and monkeys will morph into walking, talking ape-men, it’s just a question of “when.” It’s the cornerstone of your religion....Be on the lookout. Oh...and bad news... dolphins are even smarter than monkeys. How long until they become intelligent enough to build an underwater assault against humanity?

Of course I'm worried about the apes taking over -- why do you think I became an Atheist? ^_^

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There's so many problems in the OP, Im not sure where to start
1) If you are an atheist...
Atheism has nothing to do with Evolutionary Theory. As a matter of fact, a good number of Christians accept the ToE as the current best model explain the diversity of species
So, please dont confuse a scientific model (i.e.- the Theory of Evolution) with a lack of belief in Thor, Isis, Apep, Arawwn, YHVH or any other deity.
you should not acknowledge the year. 2007 years since what?
Who cares? Atheist or not, the current calendar is the socially accepted calendar that my society uses. In order to function within society, I use the standard calendar. Personally I dont care if Jesus was born 2007 years ago or 1000 years ago.
...magic soup or whatever.
(italics mine)
Those last two words demonstrate that you really dont know what you are talking about. "Or whatever" indicates that you dont even know what the Theory of Evolution states.

If you are an atheist, you should not celebrate New Year’s Eve. Again, it is an acknowledgment of the length of time that has passed since the birth of Jesus.
Nearly every culture throughout history has celebrated a form of New Years. Would you be happier if the atheists celebrated Chinese New Year instead? :sigh:

If you are an atheist, you should not use the word “love.”
The concept of love and various words that translate into love pre-exist Christianity and even Judaism.
And remember, God Himself claims to create calamity, so maybe the atheists shouldn't use the word calamity either? :sigh:

Since marriage is a religious term describing the spiritual union between a man and a woman that love each-other
In the USA, its really nothing more than a legal contract dressed up (usually) in religious trappings that have nothing to do with the contract itself.

If you are an atheist, you should not acknowledge the days of the week.
Now that's no fair! You wont share with the atheists the Day of the Sun, the Day of the Moon, Tir's Day, Woden's day, Thor's Day, Frigga's Day or Saturns Day? You christians are going to keep all those pagan days to yourself?
Sounds awfully selfish to me ^_^

If you are an evolutionist/atheist, owning pets is a form of slavery.
No it's not.
You believe that descendants of those “pets” you own will be people someday.
No, "evolutionists" do not believe this? Did you hear this garbage from your church minister or an ill-informed guest speaker?

If you are an evolutionist/atheist, eating anything that was living is a form of cannibalism.
You really need to use the word 'cannibalism' correctly. You are so far off base here its unbelievable
You believe that descendants of animals and even plants could be people someday
Nope, Im still pretty sure that 'evolutionists' dont believe that animals will ever be people (i.e. Homo Sapiens)
because to them, right and wrong don’t exist.
You're really getting yourself in deep here arent you? You actually have the brass to say that atheist lack a moral code or ethics? You've never actually befriended an atheist have you?
You should try it sometime. You might actually suprise yourself and find out that they are people just like you.

Side note: Society accepts and embraces eating meat, so can somebody tell my why so many atheists are vegetarians because they think eating meat is wrong? What makes it wrong?
Their personal choice. Actually, I know FAR more Christians who are vegetarians. These Christians find it abhorrent that their fellow believers eat the flesh of animals. Perhaps once you can explain that, the vegetarian atheists can explain why they've chosen a vegetarian diet

If you are an evolutionist, you must be wary of the apes taking over.
And you, Gipper, have watched one too many science fiction movies.
You believe that it’s not a questions of “if” all the apes, chimps and monkeys will morph into walking, talking ape-men, it’s just a question of “when.”
Once again, you're so wrong as to be unbelievable. Evolutionary Theory states no such thing
It’s the cornerstone of your religion
1- Evolutionary Theory is a scientific model explaining the diversity of species. It is not a religion. Worshipping a deity is religion, Scientific Theory is not
How long until they become intelligent enough to build an underwater assault against humanity?
How long until Creationists actually bother to educate themselves?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aron-Ra

Senior Veteran
Jul 3, 2004
Deep in the heart of the Bible belt
Visit site
✟14,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
1) If you are an atheist, you should not acknowledge the year. 2007 years since what? The birth of Jesus of course.
No one knows when Jesus was supposedly born, but none of the estimates include the year, zero. That's when Rome adopted a new calendar. The most common estimate is that Jesus was at least a few years old before then.
3) If you are an atheist, you should not use the word “love.” Since God is love,
Sorry, I've read the Bible. So I know that's not true.
5) If you are an atheist, you should not acknowledge the days of the week. The days of the week are based on the seven days God used to make the Universe.
No, they're based on different gods; Sun day, moon day, Tyre's day, Wodin's day, Thor's day, Freya's day, and Saturn's day.
You, as an atheist/evolutionist, believe the Universe created itself for no reason out of nothing.
No, that's if you believe in God. If you're atheist, you'd more likely believe the universe was a quantum event and probably a dimensional rift.
6) If you are an evolutionist/atheist, owning pets is a form of slavery.
But if you believe in the Bible, then slavery is OK.
8) If you are an evolutionist, you must be wary of the apes taking over.
They already have. The most dangerous apes are the humans.

Upvote 0

gamespotter10

Veteran
Aug 10, 2007
✟16,650.00
Faith
Baptist

you have not provided a single logical, or scientific argument, against the theory of evolution. you fail

youfail.org

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheOutsider

Pope Iason Ouabache the Obscure
Dec 29, 2006
Indiana
✟11,428.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Mr. Gipper, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Upvote 0

z3ro

Veteran
Jun 30, 2004
chicago
✟17,001.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
tThe rest of the post isn't even worth talking about, but this part

... Oh...and bad news... dolphins are even smarter than monkeys. How long until they become intelligent enough to build an underwater assault against humanity?

the second dolphins evolve opposable thumbs, we're screwed. So be on the lookout.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.