United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
You can be addicted to water and food. Something being addictive is not good way to determine if something is sinful or not.

Honestly, you cannot compare the addiction one could have due to food and water to inappropriate contentography and masturbation. Masturbation (+ inappropriate contentography and [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]) releases a huge burst of dopamine and other substances leading someone to experience a 'high' feeling which cannot be matched by anything else. You do not get nearly the same feeling when eating or drinking.

Masturbation is easy to become addicted to, and one will inevitably crave more of it the longer they continue doing it, not to mention that it is impossible for an act of masturbation to not be accompanied by lust, and for some people it is not enough, which means they turn to inappropriate contentography and more sick and demented things in order to feel the same/greater experience again. It is much easier to become addicted to masturbation.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I also think the big issue with masturbation is the heart behind the action. Jesus said anyone who lusts after a member of the opposite sex in their heart is guilty of adultery. I can't find it possible to believe someone could touch without lusting in their heart.

People [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] in their sleep. Likely [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] is not a sin then.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Danoded

Christian Monotheist
Nov 22, 2017
United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
People [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] in their sleep. Likely [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] is not a sin then.

Nocturnal emissions can happen, and this is addressed in Deuteronomy, but people don't just '[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]' in their sleep like that. Of course, under a certain circumstance, an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] is permissible and not a sin, but achieving one in any other way can only be the result of lust and he carnality of one's mind, making it a sin.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nocturnal emissions can happen, and this is addressed in Deuteronomy, but people don't just '[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]' in their sleep like that. Of course, under a certain circumstance, an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] is permissible and not a sin, but achieving one in any other way can only be the result of lust and he carnality of one's mind, making it a sin.

Yes, people have sexual dreams they don't control and [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] in their sleep, just like that.
This is controlled by hormones and your claim has no scientific or biblical basis.
Just like that.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course, under a certain circumstance, an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] is permissible and not a sin, but achieving one in any other way can only be the result of lust and he carnality of one's mind, making it a sin.

Sin is a contract between you and God and only you know when you sin against God based on His Law written in your heart. You cannot see others sin against God.

Upvote 0

Danoded

Christian Monotheist
Nov 22, 2017
United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sin is a contract between you and God and only you know when you sin against God based on His Law written in your heart. You cannot see others sin against God.

There are many sins one can witness one committing, and even then there are many sins that can be committed in the heart or the mind, just as bad as the act.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is ALL I am gonna say: it is wasted seed that God intended for ONE purpose
How about in the case of women? They don't have seed to waste.

However, the Roman Catholic argument against masturbation is from an entirely different aspect regarding God's intention for the propagation of life.
My problem with the Roman Catholic approach is that they categorize it
as a "mortal" sin. Right up there with murder and the like. Makes no
sense to me whatsoever.

The term WWJD is sadly lost, what do i mean? Well if you can sit or lay down in front of Jesus and do it, or while the world watched, would you still do it? What's done in secret will be brought to the light. From the many roads I've walked, I'm sorry, just don't see us comfortable enough to do the such in the presence of a HOLY GOD. Yeah, and I don't see Jesus doing it either, if YOU can, welp I reckon I'm thru trying :wave:
The difficulty in doing it in front of one's deity depends largely on how
one was programmed to approach it in the first place. Anything that's
been drilled into your head as being "shameful" will be difficult to do in
front of an audience. Doesn't have to be masturbation.

Beyond that, of course people are doing it in front of Jesus, all the time.
Jesus is God, and God is everywhere, seeing everything. And He knew
from before time began that masturbation was going to be a thing.
Obviously, He didn't take measures to change that outcome.

No one would be struggling with masturbation if no one taught them it was a moral wrong.
Exactly. The one way to ensure that something will be a struggle is to
make it taboo.

Yeah you right H, I do not have anything against anyone here it is just that at times I feel like people purposefully bash me just to anger me.
A valid question was presented to you in response to a claim you made.
That's not bashing the person just to anger them, that's dialogue.
Sometimes it challenges our beliefs. That's not a bad thing.

Love is a feeling and it's psychologically impossible to force oneself to have a certain feeling. We can pretend to have it, but you can't develop a feeling just like that, out of the blue. That's just how our minds are built.
Tehncially, love is an action. Feeling may or may not accompany it.

I've never found any Biblical reason to view masturbation as sin.
So I always thank God for the pleasure I get when I touch.
I agree. Itches were made to be scratched. And since coming to that
conclusion, I have far less urge to indulge than I did back when I
mistakenly placed it on the pedestal of "evil". As God demonstrated
in the Garden of Eden, if you call something "forbidden", it's going to
quickly become popular.

-

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are many sins one can witness one committing, and even then there are many sins that can be committed in the heart or the mind, just as bad as the act.

You cannot see the sins of other people, only the results of what may be sin.
For example, you may see a group of people stoning a woman and think
it murder but they are just following OT law and doing as God commands.

You might see a person sleeping and say they are slothful, but they
are actually just tired or sick. So you can't see the sins of others.
You must judge righteously based on what you know is in their heart
and not judge by appearance.

Upvote 0

Danoded

Christian Monotheist
Nov 22, 2017
United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
You cannot see the sins of other people, only the results of what may be sin.
For example, you may see a group of people stoning a woman and think
it murder but they are just following OT law and doing as God commands.

You might see a person sleeping and say they are slothful, but they
are actually just tired or sick. So you can't see the sins of others.
You must judge righteously based on what you know is in their heart
and not judge by appearance.

And if you see someone attacking another person stemming from an argument is that not a sin? If two people are caught in the very act of adultery has their sin not been uncovered?

Upvote 0