USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m familiar with the point and that is why I posed the question.

Woman victim of rape
Child conceived aborted victim as well

Rapist if caught and convicted gets about 4 years in jail and then at liberty to rape again.

Something not right with that and I’m sure you see it too.
There is also something not right about a man, who can never experience being raped and having to bear and raise the child of the rapist....or even imagine the idea of it, exclaiming that women should just get over it and be able to raise the child...because the child did nothing wrong.

You cant possibly understand what it could be like......therefore this argument should only be made by women....

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well, the point isn't that the child did something to deserve to be aborted. The point is that getting pregnant under those circumstances is going to be extremely traumatic, so it's better to think of it as a particularly ugly mental health exception.
Yes, being raped and becoming pregnant as a result of rape is traumatic. How does killing a baby in her mother's womb make that better and not worse? And what did that unborn baby do to earn being killed?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pregnancy isn't a punishment - it's the woman's flesh and blood as much as it's the man's - it is her child she is murdering.

If she doesn't want the child adoption is a viable option.
Do you really wish to promote the idea that, if a man desires a child, no one wants to bear for them, they can rape someone and the church would force them to have the child..... and all they would have to face is a few years in jail, as some here likes to point out?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Since doctors have not even studied or looked into saving an ectopic pregnancy -as they would do if they viewed all life as precious-this has not been looked at either. The closest would be where embryos have been frozen and used by another woman.
It would certainly have to be very early on to donate your embryo.
Donating Frozen Embryos
But extracting an early pregnancy and having it be donated should be an avenue of research since this would accomplish that very thing. The mother not having to go through pregnancy or bear the child and the embryo given a chance at life.
It's been looked at but at present just isn't possible. It probably will be possible within a few years as more research is done.

All life is precious for some people. For others not so much.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This opinion is shared by other pro-life thinkers. I am speaking for myself on this thread.
Then they are not speaking only for themselves at all.
Which they should. And assuming that you are speaking for them too.
Which, I have no reason to believe, that you are. Or should.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Do you really wish to promote the idea that, if a man desires a child, no one wants to bear for them, they can rape someone and the church would force them to have the child..... and all they would have to face is a few years in jail, as some here likes to point out?
Do you honestly think a man is going to rape a woman with the motive of having a child?

Rape is about power... Dominance..

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No abortion is nothing like a miscarriage.

A miscarriage is not intentionally harming the human being in the womb.

Abortion is the premeditated termination of human life. Meaning premeditated murder.

I was describing how fetuses are aborted. It looksb exactly like a miscarriage, with the fetus intact after a full labor, if done chemically.
It depends on the sex education. If it’s like the one I had in health class then that addressed biological functions. If it sexually explicit then families should be able to opt out and teach their own children.

For Christians who actually are part of a church this is a no brainer. Both the church and family partner to properly educate children on God's beautiful creation of marriage and procreation.

What do you mean by "sexually explicit" education? It is just a normal lecture like any other class.

The "no-brainer" for Christians is mandatory sex education in schools to make sure all kids learn it. Sex educcation is not taught in churches, of course, becaues it is a biological subject. They teach the morality of having sex from a Biblical perspective, not a scientific one.
Who said stillborn? That’s not an abortion. You were advocating abortion as means to an end. Meaning you advocate aborting a child in the womb is better than having that child live in poverty.

No, I am advocating ways to reduce the number of ekective abortions that are woman-friendly and not based on the totally flawed premise that thtreatening to lock her up is the answer.
Can you explain this? God forbids murder. The fact that people do it is not God condoning their sinful murderous act.

Giving us free will is not the same as condoning a sin. I never said God condones murder.
Can you give an example?

Examples were already given, so you obviously did not read every post. Ectopic pregnancies are always life-threatening emergencies. The only treatment is removing the ovary and fallopian tube on that side because it is medically impossible to transfer the embryo to the uterus. This has already been explained so I have no idea why you would even ask.
You went from a born premature baby to an embryo. Your posts are quite confusing.

Are you now advocating infanticide if a born child is critically ill?

No, I am advocating a lack of judgment if someone chooses abortion for a fatally defective baby and agreeing with someone else who thinks it is better to kill a fetus than an infant in that situation.
This has to be the most absurd thing I’ve read in this thread. The issue is what has the child in the womb done to be killed?

Could you answer that question without introducing another unrelated issue?

You are the one making up an unrelated issue. The fate of a fetus has nothing to do with anything it did.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pregnancy isn't a punishment - it's the woman's flesh and blood as much as it's the man's - it is her child she is murdering.

Which is why all Pro-Life agencies should be adoption agencies
for all their members......to save children's lives and end unwanted
children being aborted. But they have excuses why babies aren't
that important to them.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There is also something not right about a man, who can never experience being raped and having to bear and raise the child of the rapist....or even imagine the idea of it, exclaiming that women should just get over it and be able to raise the child...because the child did nothing wrong.

You cant possibly understand what it could be like......therefore this argument should only be made by women....
If you are a grown man or woman... I don't think that you can understand what it is like to be in, what is supposed to be the safest place for you, the womb... and being cut to pieces, alive, and have your head crushed as you are sucked out into a vacuum tube .

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I believe rape is evil, based in evil, but as the saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right. And if a woman believes in any sense of right and wrong, then rape is not cause for the murdering of another innocent and helpless life.

She'd be no better than the rapist, if she used rape as an excuse to murder an innocent being who, like her, had no choice in the matter, and no ability to defend him/herself.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biblical answer:
Have sex only with your spouse.
Problem solved.

Women don't always have so much control:

The girl, from San Miguel, Argentina, was admitted to the Vidal hospital in Corrientes in early March 2012 after complaining of stomach pains and a swollen stomach. After an ultrasound the doctors realized that she was 26 weeks pregnant. The young girl stated that a 15-year-old distant cousin raped her in late August 2011. He has since been prosecuted. She gave birth one month before term by cesarean section to a 2.420 kg (5.34 lb), 45 cm (18 in) girl, who was named Tatiana and placed in an incubator and on a drip-feed.[180]
She was 11 1/2 at the time.

If I am going to protest an abortion, then it is my responsibility to raise the child. And in this case, the mother as well.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
suffering only because of her unwanted pregnancy, and fetuses that will have special needs their entire lives

(which are difficult for a woman to adopt out, not just take care of herself). But what I want to focus on now is people saying an unwanted pregnancy can be prevented, but at the same time opposing every method of preventing those pregnancies. Fewer unwanted pregnancies = fewer abortions every time. That is elementary math.

What percentage do we think those to be?
M

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

If you were raped you would certainly feel like pregnancy was punishment.

You might want to spend some time thinking about what it is like to be forced to do something that causes a lot of physical pain for nine months.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Do you think a man who wants a child really would think rape is a good way to do that? I've never yet heard of a rapist being given custody of a child.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

You might want to spend some time thinking about what it is like to be forced to do something that causes a lot of physical pain for nine months.
If I were aborted I might think of my abortion as a punishment. What did I do to deserve THAT?

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Do you honestly think a man is going to rape a woman with the motive of having a child?

Rape is about power... Dominance..

If he has no interest in being a dsd, why would he choose having sex instead of some other crime?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If he has no interest in being a dad, why would he choose having sex instead of some other crime?
Because he thinks sex has nothing to do with procreation? Why would anyone think sex had nothing at all to do with procreation? Do rapists have procreation on their minds? Probably not. Do most teens have procreation on their minds? Only as a fear. Do most inappropriate contentography consumers have procreation on their minds? Ha! It's rather basic biology though. Sex is how we get babies. It's been that way through all of vertebrate history. The disconnect is in thinking that is no longer natural and normal.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You might not want to go here.

My daughter was both raped, which as a result of that rape pregnancy followed, and it was also life-threatening (physically) for her to carry that child. Her doctors recommendation was abortion as a result of the life-threatening nature of her pregnancy.

Today, I have a beautiful grandchild that my daughter gave me, who was born out of a horror but is loved and cherished as the flesh and blood she is - she has never been told how she came into this world, and hopefully when the day comes for her to find out she will be reminded only of the love which bore her.

And, as she gets older she will do (hopefully) many great and wonderful things with that life she was blessed with..

The problem we see, however, with abortion, is that instances like my daughter faced are rare (less than 1% of all abortions in this nation), and abortion on demand (I don't really want a child right now) is the main cause of abortion (more than 98%)....

So I'd personally appreciate it if pro-choicer's would be honest about the facts, and that is the majority of all abortion is because these women refuse to shut their legs or use birth control, but would rather run about the earth murdering their unborn.

Upvote 0