The Hunting of the Pirate Blackface OOC (a Christia RPG)

mochagirl

Even so, it is well with my soul.
Aug 23, 2004
✟19,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Hehe. This is the first time I've started an RPG, so bear with me. ;) If you are interested in this, just post in here to say so, and when you come up with a character, please post a link for it. I'll be starting the RPG sometime...tonight, maybe tomorrow (I don't procrastinate at all, I tell you :p). As soon as I figure out how I want to start it....
Anyhow, I've included information below both about the RPG, as well as Christia itself, so those too lazy to look it up for themselves will have an easier time. ;)
_________

Plot: During the celebration of the king, Izrive Elo Essian, coming back to Rotherin after being in Zlith, pirates attack the Rotherin harbor in an attempt, presumably, to kidnap the king and hold him for ransom. The Rotherin fleet holds off the pirates, and chases them out of the harbor, but they escape and seem to disappear. Investigations proceed concerning the attack, but no real information turns up, only rumors that it was arranged by the mysterious and ruthless Captain “Blackface” Gandarin, whose name is known and feared throughout the Vareisian coast for his pillaging and plundering the coastal towns over the past ten years. A few weeks later, part of the Rotherin harbor is sacked, seemingly unrelated to the prior attack, and one of the buildings that burns to the ground is a tavern, The Blue Marina. A naval captain is convinced that the attacks are somehow related, and it is Blackface behind it all, and he gains permission to take a ship, the V.S. Essian), out to investigate, but only volunteers are allowed to come, since there is little to go on and the navy can’t lose too many men on the potentially dangerous, and most likely futile, mission.
Basically, the main plot is the navy captain finding a crew, then hunting Blackface down, beginning in Fieam, and possibly/probably meeting up with other pirates and getting into scuffles with them; and ending in the final showdown between the two captains (and their crews).

Settings: Rotherin, Vareisia; Zlith, Vareisia; aboard a ship (either The Black Phantom or the V.S. Essian); Fieam; Vareisian coast; island coast;

Characters: the navy captain; any volunteer seamen and crew (including a ship’s doctor, etc.; the grand total of crewmembers should be about thirty or forty, most of whom obviously will be unknown/NPCs/”extras”; they can be from multiple places, not just Rotherin or Vareisia); Captain Blackface (see description below); Blackface’s crew; Blackface’s informants (they will generally have small roles, unless something causes them to become more involved; however, they’re not necessary characters).

CHARACTER LIST:
Juliet – jelly_bean
Enyia Harlin – White Wings
The Twins – Jak and Joe Rith – Locket
Robin Murry – Ellesar
Estel Enya – SheepoftheShepherd
Taria – Joy Everlasting
Orodreth Aldaríon Narmegil
Kantor Narmegil
Cargan Fisk Nova Scotian Boy
Erienne Dannon – mochagirl
Captain Rildric Kithren – mochagirl
Captain "Blackface" Gandarin mochagirl
Dernol Harginn – NPC (The Blue Marina’s owner)
Arzpir, Frain, Bavrid, Caldin, Dinroth, Holdyn, Ardon, Harkey, Drian – NPCs (pirates)
Elrohir Telperiën – NPC (Blackface's first mate, elf)
Doc Reyvirn – NPC (Navy physician)
Commodore Enrick – NPC (Navy Commodore; Kithren's superior)

________

QUICK GLOSSARY OF CHRISTIA (from the “Background of Christia” forum):
Christia: The world is named “Christia”, and all inhabitants of Christia are called “Yeldei Elohim”, meaning, God’s children. The one true God who created Christia is called many names, such as Jehovah, Lord, Yahweh, Abba, El. Clerics are those selected few individuals, called to serve God as leaders of the congregation.
God watches over Christia and gives His people free will. Many have experienced His unconditional love, as well as His wrath. Although it appears that all worship the true God, the nature of men is vulnerable to attacks from Satan, a fallen angel who battles for the souls of men. As a consequence, men often stray from time to time, ranging from the rise of false prophets to false god, from greed to thirst for power, from war to disease and eventually, the corruption of God’s once holy creation, and the coming of death.

Currency: The currency in Ithriya is universal, one gold etha equals to ten silver etha, and one silver etha equals to ten bronze etha. Gold is hard to come by in Ithriya, its value is so high that usually people trade in silver.

Mana: Mana is a gift from God. It can be learned, but only those who have the inner ability can do so, and the ability manifests itself differently in different people. As all things can be tipped off the balance, the past has seen many mana wielders using their mana for good or evil. The type of mana in Christia does not include spell casting, necromancy and the use of various herbs or animal body parts, rather, it is the energy that comes from within and the form in the mind which takes shape with physical substance. One may say spell casting is the same as this, but instead of concentrating on words, mana wielders concentrate on the form and feel of the object. Using mana is the same as drawing energy from oneself, therefore mana wielders often need time to recover from their feat.

Races: Human – five ethnicities: Eyrellians, Sal Kadeins, Perians, Egarans, Vareisians and Til'arens.
Dwarf
Elf – wood and sea elves (check for formal names)
Troll
Orc
Goblin

Ruler of Vareisia: King Izrive Elo Essian; residence: Zlith and Rotherin

Vareisia: The pride of Vareisia lies beside the coast. Ships of every kind port in Rotherin as a first stop on their journey to Fieam. Due to the constant influx of people from all over the world, the atmosphere is always lively and the side streets highly dangerous. Tavern brawls and thievery are not uncommon.
The people of Vareisia profit from the fishing trade and the allowance of traders from other nations to use its ports (a tax is imposed). Fieam brings in huge profit every year due to its unique location. Zlith also helps to earn its share by trading with the dwarves.
A large rift exists between the people of Rotherin and Zlith. While the residents of Rotherin are honest, those of Zlith are shrewd and view everything in a round sort of way. The military strength of both sides is equaled with Rotherin having the fleet of war ships, and Zlith holding the ground troops. The General of Zlith, Gwydor Tyrosis holds no love for the General of Rotherin, Tenir Klessin. The King of Vareisia, a child of a Rotherin father and a Zlith mother, has two palaces. He wisely chooses to live in each city for a set period of time to placate the people, as well as allowing himself a chance to win the heart of the citizens.
The relationship between the Lord of Zlith and the King of Vareisia is somewhat like a compromise. The King obviously holds both Zlith and Rotherin, as well as Fieam, while the Lord takes care of the political intrigue in Zlith and is at the same time distrusted by those living along the coastline.
Coat of arm: a jewel shining with a blue background. The blue color represents the sea, and the jewel represents the cleverness and wisdom of the people.

Rotherin: The natives of Rotherin are a people of confidence. They love the sea, and view all things in life as challenges. If a Rotherin was on the losing side, he will never admit defeat till every possible avenue is exhausted. Skilled as sailors and fishermen, they are also honest in their dealings, though if one decided to play foul, he could turn the table up to his favour quickly, covering his tracks easily.

Zlith: Cunning, wit and charm, without at least one of these three qualities, one will not survive long in Zlith. Known widely throughout Ithriya, Zlith is full of political intrigue. Historians have put the current Lord, Judilus, onto the list which records the names of all the lords who were able to hold onto the position for more than a year. Lord Judilus is the first person that has held on for three years (clearly he has no intention of changing his status) and though many seek his downfall, the populace is immensely proud of their Lord’s achievement.

Fieam: Fieam is an independent port, controlled only by those who inhibited the island. It is a link to the unexplored territories outside Ithriya. Exotic items coming from the outside world is unloaded and traded here, and in exchange, the citizens of Ithriya empty their precious commodities.

Last edited by a moderator:

mochagirl

Aug 23, 2004
✟19,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Okay, I wrote a prologue and have posted it (wow, I feel so special ^_^) here: The Hunting of the Pirate Blackface.

I've decided to start it on the evening of the second attack, so if anyone wants to be a pirate, you can have some action/battle-sequence right at the start. ;)

But now I'm going to go to bed, cause it's late and I'm tired. :yawn:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mochagirl

Aug 23, 2004
✟19,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Nova Scotian Boy said:
Is there any minor ideas as to what can happen
Ummm...ideas I have myself? Not particularly. Anything you come up with that fits into the storyline is fine. I'm not really partial. *shrugs*

Ellesar: certainly! The more the merrier. ^_^

Upvote 0