Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am saying that sexual orientation is not what scripture is identifying as sinful behavior.
It is identifying non-magnonomy. It is not directing any gender toward any other gender.
Many have a hard enough time identifying their own gender. The last thing they need
if for scripture to pick out their soul mate for them. Which it won't, by the way.

God is seeking people to enter into monogamous relationships. All other options
are harmful. Even widows are mentioned as having a hard road to hoe.
Scripture is saying non-monogamous relationships are sinful.
Gender preferences are not the problem.

I know you've been told otherwise since you were 10 years old.
But those leaders missed the real message.

Hetro's:
Speak unto gay people about how to live their sex lives
Just as you would have gay people speak unto you
about how you should live your sex life life.

Men:
Speak unto women about how to live their lives
Just as you would have women speak unto you
about how you should live your life.

You skirt around the issue very well. No Homosexuality is a sin , Gods WORD doe in deed say homosexuality is wrong. It makes no difference of a homosexual couple is monogamous or not Homosexuality is a sin.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I knew a pastor from a Metropolitan Community Church, she held an online service at one time and I attended a few times. While I didn't really jibe with the worship (not because it was gay-friendly, but just because it was too liberal for me), I just never felt the pastor was anything but sincere in her beliefs and desires. And her character seemed to have no particular flaws I noticed. Truthfully, gays and lesbians are some of the hospitable people I have ever met. But they react very strongly when you start pointing out what is wrong with their life. As does everybody else, you know. People don't like to be judged, and you get into dangerous waters with God when you start making it a habit.

Jesus instructed Christians to be wise and to judge a persons fruit as well if they were genuine followers, The Bible condemns homosexuality period. Yes anyone no matter if they are molesters of children, can be nice and kind and good to talk with. That does not change a thing. The Bible is very clear about who can be a pastor. The pastor misses the requirements in total. She is fooling herself as well being a false teacher, she will be judged by God very severely. God will not be mocked, it is dangerous to be in the

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is certainly an adgenda, motivated by Satan to normalize homosexuality. He knows if he can get society to legislate what is against God's word, and accept sin as normal. He can make God's word look evil, and remove God's word from society.

In my mind I am very angry at Christians who go along with Satan in support of Gay rights. In my opinion many of them are in sin them selves and so blind they could not help any one come to Christ. They need to ask them selves how much time do they spend with God, in actually understanding His word. Stop buying into the term "they are just in love", God determines what love is. The concept of love comes from God. Gay rights seeks to remove God, with out God what do you people have.
Your post says it right. These poor wounded people who take on sexual sin of any kind need to repent while they can. Sadly so many weak people who have never studied the Bible, and believe we are not to "judge" are falling right into satans hands. Oh what a shame!

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus instructed Christians to be wise and to judge a persons fruit as well if they were genuine followers, The Bible condemns homosexuality period.

Even assuming, arguendo, that I were to agree that homosexuality is a sin... what is the point? Everybody has their favorite sins, why is one worse than the other? Ultimate it is faith, not works that justify. The fruit of the Spirit is not ceasing to sin, which is not possible in this life, because if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You skirt around the issue very well. No Homosexuality is a sin , Gods WORD doe in deed say homosexuality is wrong. It makes no difference of a homosexual couple is monogamous or not Homosexuality is a sin.

I'm not skirting the issue. We've been taught incorrectly.
There are no issues that bypass the law written below:

Decide sexual partners for others, just as you would have others decide sexual partners for you.
This is the foundation of the Law and the Prophets.

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

All things therefore, as many as you might desire that men should do to you, so also you do to them, for this is the law and the prophets.

"In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Therefore, whatever you want others to do for you, do also the same for them--this is the Law and the Prophets.

Therefore, whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them, because this summarizes the Law and the Prophets."

In everything, treat others as you would want them to treat you, for this fulfills the law and the prophets.

Everything whatsoever you desire that people should do for you, do likewise for them, for this is the Law and The Prophets.

"Always do for other people everything you want them to do for you. That is [the meaning of] Moses' Teachings and the Prophets.

“Therefore, however you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even assuming, arguendo, that I were to agree that homosexuality is a sin... what is the point? Everybody has their favorite sins, why is one worse than the other? Ultimate it is faith, not works that justify. The fruit of the Spirit is not ceasing to sin, which is not possible in this life, because if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Very simply, test any concept with "the Law and the Prophets" in the post above and see if it is a sin or not.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your post says it right. These poor wounded people who take on sexual sin of any kind need to repent while they can. Sadly so many weak people who have never studied the Bible, and believe we are not to "judge" are falling right into satans hands. Oh what a shame!

You may use the summation of the law and the prophets above to judge sinful behavior.

Not your shame-meter, or your sad-meter, or your wounded-meter, or sexual-meter, or satan-meter.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus instructed Christians to be wise and to judge a persons fruit as well if they were genuine followers, The Bible condemns homosexuality period.

No possible.
You may condemn the sexual orientation of others,
as long as you allow other to choose yours for you.
This is the law and the prophets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't consider it my duty to set my brother straight on what may or may not be his sins. I do consider it my duty to get myself straight on what I think are my sins. As soon as I can get this log out of my eye, I'll start to work on that speck in my neighbor's. I often wonder if gay folk sit around and stew as much over what straight folk's sins might be as some straight folk do about theirs. As for me, I'm content to let God sort it out. I strongly doubt He needs my help with the matter.

So, if you had the opportunity to guide someone else to the 'truth', you would simply rather ignore the opportunity and let them choose to follow a path to death than do something to 'help'? Hmmmm............... seems kind of 'one sided' to me.

And that explains how difficult it is for 'many' to come to a 'perfect understanding and ability to practice': LOVE.

It isn't about 'setting someone straight'. It's about some knowing the 'truth' and others having yet to discover it. And when one decides to let everyone else 'fend for themselves', those who shirk the responsibility are at a greater fault than the ignorant.

But such is the 'world' today. Concerned with it's own pleasure more than any semblance of sharing with others.

So you consider 'homosexuality' to be a 'speck' so far as unrighteousness? Hmmm............the Bible says that homosexuality is an 'abomination' to God. Not just sin, but an 'abomination'. Guess you are another that really doesn't 'like' what the Bible offers in instruction.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am saying that sexual orientation is not what scripture is identifying as sinful behavior.
It is identifying non-magnonomy. It is not directing any gender toward any other gender.
Many have a hard enough time identifying their own gender. The last thing they need
if for scripture to pick out their soul mate for them. Which it won't, by the way.

God is seeking people to enter into monogamous relationships. All other options
are harmful. Even widows are mentioned as having a hard road to hoe.
Scripture is saying non-monogamous relationships are sinful.
Gender preferences are not the problem.

I know you've been told otherwise since you were 10 years old.
But those leaders missed the real message.

Hetro's:
Speak unto gay people about how to live their sex lives
Just as you would have gay people speak unto you
about how you should live your sex life life.

Men:
Speak unto women about how to live their lives
Just as you would have women speak unto you
about how you should live your life.

As I figured from numerous statements you have made in the past. You have somehow managed to create your 'own Bible' rather than follow the one inspired by God. You have found the 'real message' that all the rest of us seemed to have missed. You are a 'funny guy'.

But I'm not going to let you 'get away with it'. You are a deceiver and I would never make such a statement unless it was 'perfectly clear'.

Homosexuality IS a 'sin' and not only a 'sin' but considered to be 'an abomination to God'. If "lusting after a woman" means one has committed a sin in their 'heart', so too would a 'man lusting after another man'. And that 'is' what homosexuality IS. One desirous of a 'sexual relationship' with a member of the 'same sex'.

Not only do you seem to have a difficult time with understanding the Bible, you also seem to have a difficult time with the meaning of words in general. For you continually seem to find solace in 'making up' your own definitions that don't match what anyone else accepts as 'standard' definitions. You are indeed, a 'One-man show'. You are correct and 'everyone else' is wrong.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No possible.

Once again, if you were an actual 'acquaintance' of mine, I would have to inquire: 'are you on drugs'? For nothing offered in the 'law and the prophets' of the Bible make any such insinuation. Perhaps if you would attempt to seek guidance from those with understanding you wouldn't place yourself in a position of contrast. For just about everything you offer is contrary to the Word as offered in the Bible. ANY Bible I am aware of.

Do you 'really' believe the things that you say? Or are you simply being contrary to garner attention?

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I figured from numerous statements you have made in the past. You have somehow managed to create your 'own Bible' rather than follow the one inspired by God. You have found the 'real message' that all the rest of us seemed to have missed. You are a 'funny guy'.

But I'm not going to let you 'get away with it'. You are a deceiver and I would never make such a statement unless it was 'perfectly clear'.

Homosexuality IS a 'sin' and not only a 'sin' but considered to be 'an abomination to God'. If "lusting after a woman" means one has committed a sin in their 'heart', so too would a 'man lusting after another man'. And that 'is' what homosexuality IS. One desirous of a 'sexual relationship' with a member of the 'same sex'.

Not only do you seem to have a difficult time with understanding the Bible, you also seem to have a difficult time with the meaning of words in general. For you continually seem to find solace in 'making up' your own definitions that don't match what anyone else accepts as 'standard' definitions. You are indeed, a 'One-man show'. You are correct and 'everyone else' is wrong.

Blessings,

MEC

Whilst I quote scripture continuously, you fail to read and apply.

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Therefore, whatever you want others to do for you, do also the same for them--this is the Law and the Prophets.

Therefore, whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them, because this summarizes the Law and the Prophets."

In everything, treat others as you would want them to treat you, for this fulfills the law and the prophets.

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I knew a pastor from a Metropolitan Community Church, she held an online service at one time and I attended a few times. While I didn't really jibe with the worship (not because it was gay-friendly, but just because it was too liberal for me), I just never felt the pastor was anything but sincere in her beliefs and desires. And her character seemed to have no particular flaws I noticed. Truthfully, gays and lesbians are some of the hospitable people I have ever met. But they react very strongly when you start pointing out what is wrong with their life. As does everybody else, you know. People don't like to be judged, and you get into dangerous waters with God when you start making it a habit.

See, this is what 'false churches' teach. That we are 'not to judge'. The Bible tells us that we are to 'judge ALL things'. How else are you going to know the difference between that which is 'evil' and that which is 'good'?

But 'churches' that teach 'lies' teach also that we are 'not to judge others' as an indication that we are not to judge the 'behavior' of others either. False teaching.

I am not to 'condemn others' in my judgement. But judging 'negative behavior' is not the same as 'judging individuals' themselves.

The Bible states that we 'are our brothers keepers'. It also states that if a 'member of the church' is practicing unacceptable behavior that they are to be approached and asked to 'stop' such behavior. And after a very limited number of such encounters, if the 'brother' refuses to cease he is to be THROWN OUT of the Church.

Yet you would offer that we are not to even 'judge' the behavior of another. Guess you don't 'like' what the Bible offers either.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Whilst I quote scripture continuously, you fail to read and apply.

Yep, that's what the Bible says. But that is 'not' the manner in which you continually try and apply it. Your discernment couldn't be further from the 'truth'.

The concept 'presupposes' that one is 'following in truth'. It applies to the follower, not the 'world'. So the 'world's' idea of what they would like done 'unto them' doesn't of a necessity include anything close to 'true love'. Self love would be more like it.

We've been through this over and over. You are obsessed with an idea that couldn't be further from the truth and then attempt to apply it to 'all things'. If you understood it it would be one thing. But you have demonstrated over and over you haven't the first 'clue' as to it's true mening.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once again, if you were an actual 'acquaintance' of mine, I would have to inquire: 'are you on drugs'? For nothing offered in the 'law and the prophets' of the Bible make any such insinuation. Perhaps if you would attempt to seek guidance from those with understanding you wouldn't place yourself in a position of contrast. For just about everything you offer is contrary to the Word as offered in the Bible. ANY Bible I am aware of.
Do you 'really' believe the things that you say? Or are you simply being contrary to garner attention?
Blessings,
MEC

Your drug-o-meter has no value.
Your awareness-o-meter ha no value.
Your contrary-o-meter has no value.
Your acquaintance-o-meter has no value.
Use the correctness meter below and explain
how sexual orientation passes the test.

You have 6 test questions.

1.So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

2."Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

3.“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

4.In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

5.All things therefore, as many as you might desire that men should do to you, so also you do to them, for this is the law and the prophets.

6."In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep, that's what the Bible says. But that is 'not' the manner in which you continually try and apply it. Your discernment couldn't be further from the 'truth'.The concept 'presupposes' that one is 'following in truth'. It applies to the follower, not the 'world'. So the 'world's' idea of what they would like done 'unto them' doesn't of a necessity include anything close to 'true love'. Self love would be more like it.We've been through this over and over. You are obsessed with an idea that couldn't be further from the truth and then attempt to apply it to 'all things'. If you understood it it would be one thing. But you have demonstrated over and over you haven't the first 'clue' as to it's true mening.Blessings,MEC

There is no imaginary presupposition. Wait. Yes there is.

Do unto the world, as you would have the world do unto you.
Decide the worlds sexual orientation, just as you would have the world decide for you.

Yup it still works.

7Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

9Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

12In everything, then, do to others
as you would have them do to you.
For this is the essence of the Law
and the prophets.

The Narrow Gate
(Luke 13:22-30)

13Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it. (see 12)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The concept 'presupposes' that one is 'following in truth'. It applies to the follower, not the 'world'. So the 'world's' idea of what they would like done 'unto them' doesn't of a necessity include anything close to 'true love'. Self love would be more like it.

That is correct. I follow the rule.
Do I want the world to decide my sexual orientation? I do not.
Do I want you to decide? I do not.
Do I want anyone else to decide, I do not.
So should I decide for others? I should not.
This is the essence of the law and the prophets.
14. But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But I'm not going to let you 'get away with it'. You are a deceiver and I would never make such a statement unless it was 'perfectly clear'.Homosexuality IS a 'sin' and not only a 'sin' but considered to be 'an abomination to God'. If "lusting after a woman" means one has committed a sin in their 'heart', so too would a 'man lusting after another man'. And that 'is' what homosexuality IS. One desirous of a 'sexual relationship' with a member of the 'same sex'.

True enough. But the story of what happened has gotten mistranslated.
People were engaged in all kinds of evil sexual antics.

But a loving monogamous relationship is not among the evils listed.

All the evils revolve around promiscuity, not gender preference.

Monogamous relationships are healthy and this can be statistically proven.

Non-monogamous relationships are not healthy and condemned by scripture.
Even widows re-marrying is a touchy issue in scripture.
This demonstrates how vital monogamous issues are.

Sexual orientation, on the other hand, is not explored, showing that it's not a problem.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not skirting the issue. We've been taught incorrectly.
There are no issues that bypass the law written below:

Decide sexual partners for others, just as you would have others decide sexual partners for you.
This is the foundation of the Law and the Prophets.

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.

All things therefore, as many as you might desire that men should do to you, so also you do to them, for this is the law and the prophets.

"In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Everything whatsoever you desire that people should do for you, do likewise for them, for this is the Law and The Prophets.

"Always do for other people everything you want them to do for you. That is [the meaning of] Moses' Teachings and the Prophets.

“Therefore, however you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

I do not see a single Scripture that you post to prove your statements

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No possible.

That's not according to the Bible

Upvote 0