The gates of hell (Hades) shall not prevail against the church...

orbiter

Apr 1, 2016
Fl
✟76,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace in Christ.

God’s abundant grace is shown to those who are (like Saul did) ignorantly persecuting and wasting the church of God….who are zealous of the “traditions”…that is, the transmissions (handwritings) …of their church fathers.

Saul/Paul is the pattern of that abundant grace. He calls such by His grace to reveal the Son in them.

Gal 1:13-16 KJV
(13) For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
(14) And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Like God did with Saul, He separates us from our mother’s womb….our “church”...and calls us by His grace.

(15) But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
(16) To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Saul did these things to the church ignorantly in unbelief. So are our church rulers who know not what they are doing.

Act 26:9-12 KJV
(9) I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

They receive “authority” from their church fathers and many any are being led away by their deceitful preaching from the Way that leads to His life and down the broad way that leads to the destruction of the mortal body. We are being made prisoners....being brought into the bondage of keeping the commandments of men. This is being done in every "synagogue"....every gathering.

(10) Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.
(11) And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.
(12) Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests

The same spiritual persecution is going on today to the church by the “Sauls” of today who are leading many to the grave.

“Saul” (Hebrew: שָׁאֽוּל) is a word play for “sheol” (Hebrew: שְׁא֖וֹל)….the grave.

They are both spelled the same way but pronounced differently. Saul (Shaul) and Sheol come from the same root word (shâ'al) which means “to ask”. Satan asked to sift the Peter ( that is, the church) as wheat….and he is using his “ministers” to do so.

Sheol (Saul): “Their throat is an open grave” as they deceptively “preach” and lead many astray from the manifestation of the life of Jesus which would then give our mortal bodies an age-lasting life. The power of death is in their preaching. Their tongues are the source of deceit and lead many of the deceived to the grave.

Rom 3:12-13 KJV
(12) They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
(13) Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

Death and life are in the power of the tongue. If we are using it to preach deceitfully, we are then bringing mortal destruction upon those who are listening to us.

Pro 18:21 KJV
(21) Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Satan asked to have Peter so that he may sift him as wheat….and this applies broadly to the church now.

Satan sifts the church with his ministers. Wheat seed is surrounded by a husk that must be removed to use the wheat. The “husk” is the mortal body that is being removed so that the spirit may be saved.

When we hear His prayer....His revelation for our behalf, let us believe and be converted so that we may strengthen the brothers who will hear what we then preach in truth.

Luk 22:31-32 KJV
(31) And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
(32) But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Satan destroys our mortal flesh so that the spirit may be saved. It is a “sifting” process. The devil has the power of death in the “preaching” of his ministers who are leading many down the broad way to their mortal destruction. They suffer loss of the mortal body so that the spirit may be saved. It is the power of darkness that destroys....the not knowing of the Word of Truth.

1Co 5:5 KJV
(5) To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

The temple of God….the mortal body…is being destroyed. We suffer loss of the mortal body in the fire of God’s wrath so that the spirit may be saved. The so-called righteous works of men (the keeping and serving of their handwriting of ordinances) burn us up with the using of them.

1Co 3:15-17 KJV
(15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
(16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
(17) If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

But the gates of hell (Hades)….the mouth of “Saul”…shall not prevail against His church.

Mat 16:18 KJV
(18) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

We shall be delivered from the “hand of Saul”….from the power of sheol (the grave)…from the throat of the open grave of deceitful preaching that leads us to our mortal death. The LORD delivers us.

2Sa 22:1 KJV
(1) And David spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul:

He saves us from our enemies….the floods of ungodly men… whose mouths lead us to the grave… our mortal death.

2Sa 22:4-6 KJV
(4) I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

(5) When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;
(6) The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;

The grace of our Lord is exceedingly abundant even towards the “Sauls” of today who are doing these things without understanding…in ignorance and unbelief of the true gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Saul/Paul is the “pattern” to those who are persecuting the church but will hear His revelation and believe on Him to life age-lasting. Jesus saves even the chiefest of sinners (like Saul was) as they will also obtain mercy for believing on Him.

1Ti 1:12-16 KJV
(12) And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
(13) Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
(14) And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
(15) This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
(16) Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Some will hear the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus the Lord and will count all those things that they once believed in and erroneously preached as a loss for Christ. Paul means “little”…as they will humble themselves towards the hearing of His voice that speaks knowledge from Heaven.

Php 3:6-11 KJV
(6) Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
(7) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
(8) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
(9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
(10) That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
(11) If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Saul became "Paul"....meaning "little"...as he humbled himself (fell to the earth) when confronted with the revelation (the light) from Heaven.

Act 9:3-4 KJV
(3) And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

(4) And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

Reactions: Vambram