USA
✟16,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 24:36 New King James Version (NKJV)
No One Knows the Day or Hour not even the angels of heaven but My Father only.

How come the Holy spirit has NO Idea when judgement day is. Thats pretty awkard I thought God knows every thing , its confusing verse if we assume the holy spirit is God , are we dealing with duality here and not trinity? :/

Reactions: Ken Rank

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How about what Mark has to say on the matter.

Mar. 13:32
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

That's two out of the Trinity both being God, who don't know the time of Jesus coming, where does your argument stand now?

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How about what Mark has to say on the matter.

Mar. 13:32
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

That's two out of the Trinity both being God, who don't know the time of Jesus coming, where does your argument stand now?
John 16:14-15 makes a further distinction between the phrase "the son" and the spirit, so that the spirit only gives to the son that which He has decided to give. This is how we, being sons of God, have our portion of the knowledge as God has given (John 1:12, Ephesians 4:7-13).

Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24:36 New King James Version (NKJV)
No One Knows the Day or Hour not even the angels of heaven but My Father only.

How come the Holy spirit has NO Idea when judgement day is. Thats pretty awkard I thought God knows every thing , its confusing verse if we assume the holy spirit is God , are we dealing with duality here and not trinity? :/

Waite just a minute, I had a really good answer, but it was pointed out to me there was a problem with it, soooooooo I removed it. OOPS! :doh:

I'll go with my first post to the thread. :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Waite just a minute, where does it say that the Holy Spirit doesn't know, your making an assumption.

It clearly says "the Father only".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus could have been making a strict contrast between Him and His Father as often was the case.

While that could be true, it would be an assumption, I wouldn't accept it from someone else, therefore I can't out of a good conscience, assume such a thing myself.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Trinity has ranks in the Godhead.
  1. The Father is Above all - the greatest in the Godhead.(John 14:28)
  2. Then comes His Son Jesus at His right hand (Mark 14:62) a true representative of the Father (John 14:7)
  3. United in the same Spirit - the Holy Spirit. Who is the life-giver of us all and all living things and brings those who have faith in Jesus Christ before the Father and in O(o)neness with the Father.

The trinity is but a word describing this one and only God of The universe. You have to get to know Him before it will ever make any real sense.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

confusedmanxx

Sep 5, 2018
USA
✟16,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus could have been making a strict contrast between Him and His Father as often was the case.
That would require really difficult mental gymnastic to say that
Jesus said the father ONLY.
if he said the father knows and stopped, I wouldn't make this thread. the biggest issue is the ONLY statement.
Should we worship the Holy spirit who knows no thing about the day of judgement day?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Should we worship the Holy spirit who knows no thing about the day of judgement day?

Maybe you should open a Thread as a Poll and ask how many Christians WORSHIP the Holy Spirit.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Care to explain? then who is the Holy spirit [that spirit who has no idea when is judgement day is]?

Show me where is says Christians are to Worship the Holy Spirit.

As Christians we do Worship God the Father, and Jesus the Son of God, but we as Christians do not Worship, The Holy Spirit of God.

Upvote 0

confusedmanxx

Sep 5, 2018
USA
✟16,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Show me where is says Christians are to Worship the Holy Spirit.

As Christians we do Worship God the Father, and Jesus the Son of God, but we as Christians do not Worship, The Holy Spirit of God.
So the Holy spirit is not God? well that make sense because the Holy spirit doesn't know.

John 2 : 30
20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows ALL things.

Matthew 24:36
36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

Upvote 0