Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So the Holy spirit is not God? well that make sense because the Holy spirit doesn't know.

John 2 : 30
20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows ALL things.

Matthew 24:36
36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
I guess English isn't your first language because you haven't understood a thing I have said.

As a matter of fact, it appears as though you are purposefully acting like you don't know certain things when all of your questions and answers are designed to draw certain answers, and when you don't get the answer you want, you ask just the right question to draw the conversation into the direction you want it to go.

So as far as I am concerned it's good night, BYE

Last edited:
Upvote 0

confusedmanxx

Sep 5, 2018
USA
✟16,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
I guess English isn't you first language because you haven't understood a thing I have said, as a matter of fact, it appears as though you are purposefully acting like you don't know certain things when all of your questions and answers are designed to draw certain answers, and when you don't get the answer you want, you ask just the right question to draw the conversation into the direction you want it to go.

So as far as I am concerned it's good night, BYE
Your Answer is unclear.
According to John 2:30 - > God Knows All things
and According to Matthew 24:36 - > The Holy Spirit doesn't know the day and the hour
So through these two verses , we can conclude the Holy spirit isn't God
Correct me if I am wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Jos A
Upvote 0

confusedmanxx

Sep 5, 2018
USA
✟16,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Show me where is says Christians are to Worship the Holy Spirit.

As Christians we do Worship God the Father, and Jesus the Son of God, but we as Christians do not Worship, The Holy Spirit of God.
Here
Refrence :
https://www.gotquestions.org/worship-Holy-Spirit.html
View attachment 240173
Here is where the author of this web site says :
"When we worship God, we naturally worship all three members of the Godhead.
How do we worship the Holy Spirit? The same way we worship the Father and the Son."

I am confused which one of you is right ??

Attachments

• ddf.JPG
    ddf.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Agree
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 24:36 New King James Version (NKJV)
No One Knows the Day or Hour not even the angels of heaven but My Father only.

How come the Holy spirit has NO Idea when judgement day is. Thats pretty awkard I thought God knows every thing , its confusing verse if we assume the holy spirit is God , are we dealing with duality here and not trinity? :/
Jesus doesn't know either... it seems to be a little more awkward for Jesus since he is the one judging, so I think you suggest a unitarian God.

With that said I do still affirm the trinity as Father, Son and Holy Spirit as all are uniquely addressed in scripture and identified using personal qualifiers, yet God should be limitless and if the Son and the Spirit are both God they should be both limitless in all ways which includes knowledge of all things.

The best answer I can give as to the absence of knowledge is that the Son and the Spirit submit to the Father. They have the capacity and power to "know" but do not know because they are willfully submissive to the Father. How this works I'm not sure, because it's not like they can find out if they want to but that they already know by nature yet have relinquished this knowledge in submission to the Father while still remaining divine. The same paradox is found in the incarnation that a limitless God cannot become limited flesh or die on a cross yet this is fundamental to Christianity.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

How come the Holy spirit has NO Idea when judgement day is. Thats pretty awkard I thought God knows every thing , its confusing verse if we assume the holy spirit is God , are we dealing with duality here and not trinity? :/

Since the Spirit of God searches the mind of God - 1 Cor. 2:10, the Spirit then knows when judgment day is. Therefore you are coming to a false conclusion. The phrase "my Father only" then should mean that the Father knows, therefore the Spirit knows, since the Spirit is not mentioned in this context, but the Spirit knows all things.

The only duality in this context is the relationship between the Father and the Son. Since "they" are one God from a spiritual standpoint, Jesus is speaking here in the context of relationship between God and human beings. So then, Christ was incarnated as a human being, in which the mind of the man Christ Jesus didn't know certain things that the Spirit didn't tell him. It doesn't at all mean that he doesn't know now that he is glorified. After his resurrection, when his disciples asked about the time of the restoration of all things, he did not answer the question, nor did he say "I don't know." Rather, he said "it is not for you to know."
TD:)

• Agree
Reactions: food4thought
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

The Holy Spirit IS the living God's SPIRIT.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

I have no idea why the Spirit doesn't know, or whether He knows, or if the point here is even to exclude the Spirit.

But the Spirit is God, as we confess:

"We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and giver of life, who proceeds from the Father [and the Son], and who with the Father and Son is worshiped and glorified."

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

I believe the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Each of the Trinity are singled out for worship:

Joh_4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

God the Father is singled out.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

God the Spirit is singled out. (I know many think this is a reference to the person of the Father but it is not)

Mat 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

God the Son is singled out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your Answer is unclear.
According to John 2:30 - > God Knows All things
and According to Matthew 24:36 - > The Holy Spirit doesn't know the day and the hour
So through these two verses , we can conclude the Holy spirit isn't God
Correct me if I am wrong.

Ok. The Holy spirit isn't mentioned in Matthew 24:36.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

How come the Holy spirit has NO Idea when judgement day is.

That's not what the verse says.

And yes, the Holy Spirit is God.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus doesn't know either... it seems to be a little more awkward for Jesus since he is the one judging, so I think you suggest a unitarian God.

With that said I do still affirm the trinity as Father, Son and Holy Spirit as all are uniquely addressed in scripture and identified using personal qualifiers, yet God should be limitless and if the Son and the Spirit are both God they should be both limitless in all ways which includes knowledge of all things.

The best answer I can give as to the absence of knowledge is that the Son and the Spirit submit to the Father. They have the capacity and power to "know" but do not know because they are willfully submissive to the Father. How this works I'm not sure, because it's not like they can find out if they want to but that they already know by nature yet have relinquished this knowledge in submission to the Father while still remaining divine. The same paradox is found in the incarnation that a limitless God cannot become limited flesh or die on a cross yet this is fundamental to Christianity.

Do you personally understand what the Trinity is and how it functions?

If you do, then explain the Trinity to those who don't know.

Upvote 0

Undercover_mormon

Thinking of going ""Undercover"" as a Mormon
Dec 4, 2018
Rosario
✟8,241.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

I like comparing the holy trinity to our bodies. Our head is not a leg, and the leg is not an arm, yet my arm is me, my head is me, and also my leg is me, see how it works? God is the community of the trhee parts.

so continuing with the analogy, my Leg cannot process thought, nor my arm can, so only my head can process thought. this is the same, they are distinct functions. Just like the Father has no earthly body, yet Jesus does, so does the Father know the time, yet Jesus or the Holy spirit does not.

when i walk, thats not performed by my arm, but by my legs, yet its ordered by my brain, thats a really good analogy for Jesus putting himself at the Father's disposal. both are one, but the legs are not the head.

My legs are fully me, my arms are fully me, my head is fully me, yet my arm IS NOT my head, and my head IS NOT my leg
so Jesus is fully God, the Holy Spirit is fully God, and The Father is fully God, yet the Father is not Jesus, and the Father is not the holy spirit

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums