May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
That is a made up story you just told. I have debated atheist on this very forum years ago, before this flat earth masquerade began, and atheist here and other forums all mocked the Bible because they claim it taught flat earth. So you want me to believe that atheists, who mock the Bible for supposedly teaching flat earth, accepted Christ because they (supposedly) discovered the Bible taught flat earth?

I don't make up stories.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Apostolic Succession

A made up phrase to give the appearance of authority of some over all others.
You don't think of the Apostles as bearing authoritative witness to the truths of the Christian faith?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There are numerous testimonies compiled by a number of the more outspoken proponents of flat earth from those who used to be atheist or agnostic who became born again after discovering flat earth for themselves, and went to the Bible looking for confirmation and more answers. What good does flat earth do? It progresses the gospel in areas where the globe lie can't touch. The OP is actually fighting to hinder the reception of the gospel to certain groups of people.
This is likely, or possibly, the truth at time or by association at times, but won't change anyone's mind.... for instance, internet search the label you chose "cal****" and see how many have been exposed for false teaching.
What the OP is actually fighting for appears to be tradition, opposed to God's Word. That isn't related really to flat earth beliefs..... except flat earth believers may often believe flat earth because so many globers have so many beliefs opposed to Scripture, not because flat earth is right.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You don't think of the Apostles as bearing authoritative witness to the truths of the Christian faith?
I think this is what others have referred to as a straw man argument - deceptive anyway, and misleading argument/direction.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

I do, but what does that have to do with the concept of Apostolic Succession?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't make up stories.
You did with the claim that atheists are coming to Christ because of the flat earth movement. I've been debating atheists for a good number of years now, before FB came around. In all my debates with atheists they all mocked the Bible for supposed teaching flat earth. But atheists today are more radical and prefer to do what the Nazis did and infiltrate the church with false doctrines. The flat earth movement is entirely an atheist movement. Muslims also tag along with the movement so they can influence the uneducated minds of liberals who have no knowledge of any religion.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
This is likely, or possibly, the truth at time or by association at times, but won't change anyone's mind.... for instance, internet search the label you chose "cal****" and see how many have been exposed for false teaching.
What the OP is actually fighting for appears to be tradition, opposed to God's Word. That isn't related really to flat earth beliefs..... except flat earth believers may often believe flat earth because so many globers have so many beliefs opposed to Scripture, not because flat earth is right.

You say it won't change anybody's mind, but that's just an assumption on your part.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You did with the claim that atheists are coming to Christ because of the flat earth movement. I've been debating atheists for a good number of years now, before FB came around. In all my debates with atheists they all mocked the Bible for supposed teaching flat earth. But atheists today are more radical and prefer to do what the Nazis did and infiltrate the church with false doctrines. The flat earth movement is entirely an atheist movement. Muslims also tag along with the movement so they can influence the uneducated minds of liberals who have no knowledge of any religion.

You have this dream world swirling around in your head. Thankfully, the rest of us don't have to live in it.

Once again, I don't make up stories. Here's just one example of such testimonies...

Flat Earth Testimonies

Upvote 0

FEZZILLA

Jun 24, 2003
Wisconsin
✟16,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do, but what does that have to do with the concept of Apostolic Succession?
Everything. It was the Apostles who appointed their successors, who laid their hands on them, and consecrated them for a ministry they trusted them with. Peter consecrated Clement of Rome who read spinning globe from the Bible and said antipodes exist. You can't have antipodes on a flat earth!

I do not follow any church that strayed from the Apostolic Succession. But some will say: "Oh, so your an evil 666 Roman Catholic beast man!!" Well I'm actually not a Roman Catholic for the sole reason that they do not follow the Apostolic traditions anymore as they claim to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Peter consecrated Clement of Rome who read spinning globe from the Bible and said antipodes exist. You can't have antipodes on a flat earth!
Sorry, no. Spinning globe is not in the Bible. I don't know about antipodes, but it's not related to spinning most likely, from your statement.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No conjecture. Straight from God's Word. Confirmed all around us. Confirmed throughout all history, right up through the Apocalypse.

See in God's Word first.
We were speaking of christians ... as in, "the majority of christians' ...

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Everything. It was the Apostles who appointed their successors, who laid their hands on them, and consecrated them for a ministry they trusted them with. Peter consecrated Clement of Rome who read spinning globe from the Bible and said antipodes exist. You can't have antipodes on a flat earth!

I do not follow any church that strayed from the Apostolic Succession. But some will say: "Oh, so your an evil 666 Roman Catholic beast man!!" Well I'm actually not a Roman Catholic for the sole reason that they do not follow the Apostolic traditions anymore as they claim to do.

This tendency you have in following the opinions of man in these matters won't lead you anywhere good.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This tendency you have in following the opinions of man in these matters won't lead you anywhere good.
So then, we shouldn't listen to you ... or any of the so-called authorities you've cited ... ???

• Winner
Reactions: FEZZILLA
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yup, and many are still buying into that lie. That has to change.

From Biblegateway dot com
Matthew 6 The Message (MSG)
The World Is Not a Stage

6 “Be especially careful when you are trying to be good so that you don’t make a performance out of it. It might be good theater, but the God who made you won’t be applauding.

2-4 “When you do something for someone else, don’t call attention to yourself. You’ve seen them in action, I’m sure—‘playactors’ I call them—treating prayer meeting and street corner alike as a stage, acting compassionate as long as someone is watching, playing to the crowds. They get applause, true, but that’s all they get. When you help someone out, don’t think about how it looks. Just do it—quietly and unobtrusively. That is the way your God, who conceived you in love, working behind the scenes, helps you out.
Pray with Simplicity

5 “And when you come before God, don’t turn that into a theatrical production either. All these people making a regular show out of their prayers, hoping for stardom! Do you think God sits in a box seat?

6 “Here’s what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won’t be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace.

7-13 “The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer-ignorant. They’re full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don’t fall for that nonsense. This is your Father you are dealing with, and he knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this:

16-18 “When you practice some appetite-denying discipline to better concentrate on God, don’t make a production out of it. It might turn you into a small-time celebrity but it won’t make you a saint. If you ‘go into training’ inwardly, act normal outwardly. Shampoo and comb your hair, brush your teeth, wash your face. God doesn’t require attention-getting devices. He won’t overlook what you are doing; he’ll reward you well.
A Life of God-Worship

19-21 “Don’t hoard treasure down here where it gets eaten by moths and corroded by rust or—worse!—stolen by burglars. Stockpile treasure in heaven, where it’s safe from moth and rust and burglars. It’s obvious, isn’t it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being.

22-23 “Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have!

24 “You can’t worship two gods at once. Loving one god, you’ll end up hating the other. Adoration of one feeds contempt for the other. You can’t worship God and Money both.

25-26 “If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship, it follows that you don’t fuss about what’s on the table at mealtimes or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.

27-29 “Has anyone by fussing in front of the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? All this time and money wasted on fashion—do you think it makes that much difference? Instead of looking at the fashions, walk out into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They never primp or shop, but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them.

The Message (MSG)

Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

Upvote 0