Hindu The growing intolerance of Hinduism

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You do realize that CF actively discriminates against those it judges as "nonChristain"?
So? Some think it does the opposite - that it gives more leniency to post errors to the pagans, than it does to post the truth to real believers.

There's no way to change that, is there ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There's always ways to change discrimination.
Name one then.

As far as I know, only the few who are saved can be non-discriminatory - as it is written "God is no respector of persons"... (In righteous judgment He doesn't care what a person is or what they have ..... He never discriminates- everyone who does what is wrong pays for it, whether they are saved or not)

if this is true, then
the only way to stop discrimination that you talk about
is
for everyone to be saved by faith in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
Name one then.
Is that a serious question?

Treat all people the same, remove policies that bin people according to labels, and love all as individuals as individuals not according to stereotyped labels.
As far as I know, only the few who are saved can be non-discriminatory - as it is written "God is no respector of persons"... (In righteous judgment He doesn't care what a person is or what they have ..... He never discriminates- everyone who does what is wrong pays for it, whether they are saved or not)
We are not God.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This thread is not about Mormonism or this website's treatment of non-Christians like Mormons. Take that topic elsewhere. It doesn't belong here in a thread about Hinduism and Hindu nationalists' treatment of Christians in India.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is that a serious question?

Treat all people the same, remove policies that bin people according to labels, and love all as individuals as individuals not according to stereotyped labels.
Yes, very serious.

Perhaps I should have said "name one THAT WORKS"......

footnote(s): remember the title/ OP seems to be about the growing hindu discrimination against Christians, not the other way around...

Perhaps remember also the discrimination (where it is practiced) of the Mormons against the Christians.

The only ones in the world I see not discriminating against anyone, but always doing what is best for them is the persecuted believers born again in Jesus.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This thread is not about Mormonism or this website's treatment of non-Christians like Mormons. Take that topic elsewhere. It doesn't belong here in a thread about Hinduism and Hindu nationalists' treatment of Christians in India.
I thought at first the bigger topic was just discrimination, subtopic included Hindu discrimination, same as other's discrimination -

or is this not supposed to try to see the problem AND the remedy for all -
instead just post only the "news" from India , a news story, that needs no discussion. Just print the news of the discrimination... ?

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No, Jeff. The topic is very clearly marked "Hindu - The Growing Intolerance of Hinduism". This is a topic I'm actually pretty interested in, but there's very little about it in your discussion with Jane. Perhaps you can start a different, Mormon-focused thread on this subforum to discuss Mormon-Christian relations and the rules/structure of this website? It's probably worth discussing, this just isn't the right thread for it.

On the topic of the thread...

I normally wouldn't take something from CBN, but I can't seem to find Indian (Syriac/Malankara Orthodox) sources about these protests (maybe the violence is not felt as acutely in Kerala, where most Indian Orthodox are, as it is in other places in India), so here is an interesting link about how the protests are also including another one of the India's significant religious minorities, the Sikhs, and have reached the White House directly:

Christians, Sikhs Protest India's Prime Minister at the White House

It seems to me as an outsider that the same old preexisting issue of tribalized religious difference is being given a sharp edge by the ruling BJP and some related Hindu nationalist organizations, which is never a good thing. In Egypt, it's "the Copts are a threat to the integrity of the majority's vision of the country", whereas in other places it's this people or that people. Same as is happening to the Rohingya (predominantly Muslim ethnic group) in Buddhist Myanmar-Burma, to Shi'a in Sunni-dominated Saudi Arabia, to Syriacs and Armenians and Kurds in Turkey, and so on.

It's definitely worrying to see it happen in what has been hailed as an example of an emerging democracy, however. Christians have been in India since the arrival and preaching of St. Thomas in the south of that country c. 52 AD, so they're actually quite a bit older than many of the other religions in India (not Hinduism, but certainly Islam, Sikhism, and several other religions). It is unacceptable that they are still treated as some kind of foreign element just because Western Christian groups have done missionary work in India in the past and continue to do so.

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
This thread is not about Mormonism or this website's treatment of non-Christians like Mormons.
No one here is talking about Mormons or Mormonism.

I did ask how can a Christian (who discriminates against Hindu) call foul on a Hindu who discriminates against Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
footnote(s): remember the title/ OP seems to be about the growing hindu discrimination against Christians, not the other way around...
Asking for Hindus to not discriminate against Christians while Christians are actively discriminating against Hindus is dead complaint from the start.
Perhaps remember also the discrimination (where it is practiced) of the Mormons against the Christians.
We're talking about Hindus here. If you want to LDS beliefs or practices, I'd invite you to start another thread on that subject.
The only ones in the world I see not discriminating against anyone, but always doing what is best for them is the persecuted believers born again in Jesus.
Cf policy actively discriminated against all "nonChristians". Does that statement of fact work with your statement here?

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No one here is talking about Mormons or Mormonism.

I did ask how can a Christian (who discriminates against Hindu) call foul on a Hindu who discriminates against Christians.

Uh huh. So it's just a coincidence that you brought up CF's rules about non-Christians starting in post #3, which doesn't mention Hindus by name at all, and then later talked about your personal experiences with 'mainstream Christians' (personal experience that is most definitely not shaped by your being a Hindu, since you aren't one)?

I don't buy it, Jane. You know what you're doing, and so does everyone else. Please knock it off.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Asking for Hindus to not discriminate against Christians while Christians are actively discriminating against Hindus is dead complaint from the start.
So? It's a mute point then.
Realize true Christians are peace makers, bringing the testimony of Jesus and reconciliation NOT discrimination
i.e. not what is done by artificial Christians (or Hindus).

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
So? It's a mute point then.
Realize true Christians are peace makers, bringing the testimony of Jesus and reconciliation NOT discrimination
i.e. not what is done by artificial Christians (or Hindus).
There's some very obvious implications of your statement here.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Is intolerance, bigotry and the persecution of Christians the true face of Hinduism?
As YHWH Sovereign Creator says, as YESHUA says, not just Hinduism, but every religion of the world hates YESHUA and hates YESHUA'S disciples/followers/ ekklesia. There is no exception. (This totally includes all of the non-religious groups also , not just religions/ countries/ ethnic groups)

If you choose to follow Me (YESHUA)...
If you stand up for the TRUTH (YESHUA) ....
If you are born again (in YESHUA)....

Don't be surprised the whole world hates you, becauses it hated Me first ....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can the same statement not also be made of mainstream Christianity?

No Christians do not kill, sack, arrest, steal from people for simply being non Christians. That is what Hinduvta are doing or encouraging. Tolerance is not the core message of Christianity but it is the core of many proclamations by Hindus of their faith. So your accusations of hypocrisy are misplaced.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No Christians do not kill, sack, arrest, steal from people for simply being non Christians.
..... ummmmm....

looks like you didn't read 15 hundred years of history ....

they have done so more often than any other group I can think of....

Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, Jeff. The topic is very clearly marked "Hindu - The Growing Intolerance of Hinduism". This is a topic I'm actually pretty interested in, but there's very little about it in your discussion with Jane. Perhaps you can start a different, Mormon-focused thread on this subforum to discuss Mormon-Christian relations and the rules/structure of this website? It's probably worth discussing, this just isn't the right thread for it.

On the topic of the thread...

I normally wouldn't take something from CBN, but I can't seem to find Indian (Syriac/Malankara Orthodox) sources about these protests (maybe the violence is not felt as acutely in Kerala, where most Indian Orthodox are, as it is in other places in India), so here is an interesting link about how the protests are also including another one of the India's significant religious minorities, the Sikhs, and have reached the White House directly:

Christians, Sikhs Protest India's Prime Minister at the White House

It seems to me as an outsider that the same old preexisting issue of tribalized religious difference is being given a sharp edge by the ruling BJP and some related Hindu nationalist organizations, which is never a good thing. In Egypt, it's "the Copts are a threat to the integrity of the majority's vision of the country", whereas in other places it's this people or that people. Same as is happening to the Rohingya (predominantly Muslim ethnic group) in Buddhist Myanmar-Burma, to Shi'a in Sunni-dominated Saudi Arabia, to Syriacs and Armenians and Kurds in Turkey, and so on.

It's definitely worrying to see it happen in what has been hailed as an example of an emerging democracy, however. Christians have been in India since the arrival and preaching of St. Thomas in the south of that country c. 52 AD, so they're actually quite a bit older than many of the other religions in India (not Hinduism, but certainly Islam, Sikhism, and several other religions). It is unacceptable that they are still treated as some kind of foreign element just because Western Christian groups have done missionary work in India in the past and continue to do so.

Good point Christianity was there well before Islam and Sikhism and Hindus have a long history of toleration. That that has changed in recent years is the disturbing trend that we are discussing.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
No Christians do not kill, sack, arrest, steal from people for simply being non Christians. That is what Hinduvta are doing or encouraging. Tolerance is not the core message of Christianity but it is the core of many proclamations by Hindus of their faith. So your accusations of hypocrisy are misplaced.
We've already established the degree of discrimination does vary (at the current moment, history is different). But discrimination is indeed present on both sides today.

Upvote 0