Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ALL NT VERSES USING THE TERM "NAOS"
- 38 VERSES - 46 INSTANCES -

1- Matt 23:16: "Woe to you, blind guides, who say, 'If any one swears by the temple, it is nothing;
1- Matt 23:16: if any one swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.'
2- Matt 23:17: the gold or the temple that has made the gold sacred?
3- Matt 23:21: and he who swears by the temple, swears by it and by him who dwells in it;
4- Matt 23:35: whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar.
5- Matt 26:61: 'I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.'"
6- Matt 27:5: pieces of silver in the temple, he departed; and he went and hanged himself.
7- Matt 27:40: and saying, "You who would destroy the temple and build it in three days,
8- Matt 27:51: And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom;
9- Mark 14:58: '...destroy this temple that is made with hands, and in three days I will build another,
10- Mark 15:29: "Aha! You who would destroy the temple and build it in three days,
11- Mark 15:38: And the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom.
12- Luke 1:9: it fell to him by lot to enter the temple of the Lord and burn incense.
13- Luke 1:21: and they wondered at his delay in the temple.
14- Luke 1:22: a vision in the temple; and he made signs
15- Luke 23:45: and the curtain of the temple was torn in two.
16- John 2:19: Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days
17- John 2:20: The Jews then said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple,
18- John 2:21: But he spoke of the temple of his body.
19- Acts 7:48: Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made with hands;
20- Acts 17:24: being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines* made by man,
21- Acts 19:24: a silversmith, who made silver shrines* of Artemis,

22- 1 Cor 3:16: Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?
23- 1 Cor 3:17a: If any one destroys God's temple, God will destroy him.
(2x)23- 1 Cor 3:17b: For God's temple is holy, and that temple you are.
24- 1 Cor 6:19: Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you,
25- 2 Cor 6:16a: What agreement has the temple of God with idols?
25- 2 Cor 6:16b: For we are the temple of the living God;
26- Eph 2:21: "...the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord;
27- 2 Thess 2:4: "so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
28- Rev 3:12: I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God;
29- Rev 7:15: and serve him day and night within his temple;
30- Rev 11:1: and measure the temple of God and the altar
31- Rev 11:2: but do not measure the court outside the temple;
32- Rev 11:19a: Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and
32- Rev 11:19b: and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple;
33- Rev 14:15: And another angel came out of the temple,
34- Rev 14:17: And another angel came out of the temple in heaven,
35- Rev 15:5: and the temple of the tent of witness in heaven was opened,
36- Rev 15:6: and out of the temple came the seven angels with the seven plagues,
37- Rev 15:8a: and the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God
37- Rev 15:8b: and no one could enter the temple until the seven plagues.
38- Rev 16:1: Then I heard a loud voice from the temple telling the seven angels,
39- Rev 16:17: and a loud voice came out of the temple, from the throne, saying, "It is done!"
40- Rev 21:22: And I saw no temple in the city,
40- Rev 21:22: for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.

*the word "shrine" has the same Greek word "naos" - meaning that it is where the believers deity dwelt and was worshiped. Depending on the context "shrine" can indicate either a false deity OR "the one and only true deity- God the creator of the heavens and earth."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ALL NT VERSES USING THE TERM "hieron"
- 70 VERSES - 72 INSTANCES -

The Septuagint is the Greek translation of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) and used by the early Church. The Septuagint is also called the translation of the seventy because tradition states that the Septuagint was translated by seventy. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that the Greek word "hieron" could possibly be misunderstood for "naos" in translations. I have yet to find one translation that exchanges "heiron" for "naos" in any Bibles on the market in regards to 2 Thess 2:4.

Mat 4:5 - Then the devil took him to the holy city, and set him on the pinnacle of the temple,
Mat 12:5 - "...on the sabbath the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are guiltless?
Mat 12:6 - I tell you, something greater than the temple is here.
Mat 21:12 - Jesus entered the temple of God and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple,
Mat 21:14 - And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple, and he healed them.
Mat 21:15 - "...and the children crying out in the temple, "Hosanna to the Son of David!"
Mat 21:23 - he entered the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came up to him
Mat 24:1 - Jesus left the temple and was going away,
Mat 26:55 - Day after day I sat in the temple teaching, and you did not seize me.
Mar 11:11 - And he entered Jerusalem, and went into the temple
Mar 11:15 - And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold
Mar 11:16 - and he would not allow any one to carry anything through the temple.
Mar 11:27 - And as he was walking in the temple, the chief priests and the scribes and the elders
Mar 12:35 - as Jesus taught in the temple, he said, "How can the scribes say that the Christ is
Mar 13:1 - And as he came out of the temple, one of his disciples said to him,
Mar 13:3 - And as he sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple,
Mar 14:49 - Day after day I was with you in the temple teaching,
Luk 2:27 - And inspired by the Spirit he came into the temple;
Luk 2:37 - She did not depart from the temple, worshiping with fasting and prayer
Luk 2:46 - After three days they found him in the temple,
Luk 4:9 - he took him to Jerusalem, and set him on the pinnacle of the temple,
Luk 18:10 - "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee
Luk 19:45 - And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold,
Luk 19:47 - And he was teaching daily in the temple. The chief priests and the scribes
Luk 20:1 - One day, as he was teaching the people in the temple and preaching the gospel,
Luk 21:5 - as some spoke of the temple, how it was adorned with noble stones and offerings, he said,
Luk 21:37 - And every day he was teaching in the temple, but at night he went out
Luk 21:38 - early in the morning all the people came to him in the temple
Luk 22:52 - Then Jesus said to the chief priests and officers of the temple and elders,
Luk 22:53 - When I was with you day after day in the temple, you did not lay hands on me.
Luk 24:53 - and were continually in the temple blessing God.
Jhn 2:14 - In the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons,
Jhn 2:15 - he drove them all, with the sheep and oxen, out of the temple;
Jhn 5:14 - Afterward, Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him,
Jhn 7:14 - About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and taught.
Jhn 7:28 - So Jesus proclaimed, as he taught in the temple, "You know me,
Jhn 5:14 - Afterward, Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you are well!
Jhn 7:14 - About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and taught.
Jhn 8:2 - Early in the morning he came again to the temple;
Jhn 8:20 - These words he spoke in the treasury, as he taught in the temple;
Jhn 8:59 - but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple.
Jhn 10:23 - it was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the portico of Solomon.
Jhn 11:56 - They were looking for Jesus and saying to one another as they stood in the temple,
Jhn 18:20 - I have always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where all Jews come together;
Act 2:46 - day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes,
Act 3:1 - Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour.
(2x) Act 3:2 - "...of the temple which is called Beautiful to ask alms of those who entered the temple.
Act 3:3 - Seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked for alms.
Act 3:8 - he stood and walked and entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.
Act 3:10 - recognized him as the one who sat for alms at the Beautiful Gate of the temple;
Act 4:1 - the priests and the captain of the temple and the Sadducees came upon them,
Act 5:20 - "Go and stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this Life."
Act 5:21 - they entered the temple at daybreak and taught.
Act 5:24 - when the captain of the temple and the chief priests heard these words,
Act 5:25 - The men whom you put in prison are standing in the temple
Act 5:42 - every day in the temple and at home they did not cease teaching and preaching
Act 19:27 - the temple of the great goddess Artemis may count for nothing,
Act 21:26 - and the next day he purified himself with them and went into the temple,
Act 21:27 - the Jews from Asia, who had seen him in the temple, stirred up all the crowd,
Act 21:28 - he also brought Greeks into the temple, and he has defiled this holy place.
Act 21:29 - and they supposed that Paul had brought him into the temple.
Act 21:30 - they seized Paul and dragged him out of the temple,
Act 22:17 - When I had returned to Jerusalem and was praying in the temple,
Act 24:6 - He even tried to profane the temple, but we seized him.
Act 24:12 - either in the temple or in the synagogues, or in the city.
Act 24:18 - As I was doing this, they found me purified in the temple,
Act 25:8 - "Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar
Act 26:21 - For this reason the Jews seized me in the temple and tried to kill me.
(2x)1Co 9:13 - Do you not know that those who are employed in the temple service get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in the sacrificial offerings?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ShineyDays2

Nov 16, 2018
Murphy
✟50,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ALL NT VERSES USING THE TERM "hieron"
- 70 VERSES - 72 INSTANCES -

The Septuagint is the Greek translation of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) and used by the early Church. The Septuagint is also called the translation of the seventy because tradition states that the Septuagint was translated by seventy. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that the Greek word "hieron" could possibly be misunderstood for "naos" in translations. I have yet to find one translation that exchanges "heiron" for "naos" in any Bibles on the market in regards to 2 Thess 2:4.

Mat 4:5 - Then the devil took him to the holy city, and set him on the pinnacle of the temple,
Mat 12:5 - "...on the sabbath the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are guiltless?
Mat 12:6 - I tell you, something greater than the temple is here.
Mat 21:12 - Jesus entered the temple of God and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple,
Mat 21:14 - And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple, and he healed them.
Mat 21:15 - "...and the children crying out in the temple, "Hosanna to the Son of David!"
Mat 21:23 - he entered the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came up to him
Mat 24:1 - Jesus left the temple and was going away,
Mat 26:55 - Day after day I sat in the temple teaching, and you did not seize me.
Mar 11:11 - And he entered Jerusalem, and went into the temple
Mar 11:15 - And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold
Mar 11:16 - and he would not allow any one to carry anything through the temple.
Mar 11:27 - And as he was walking in the temple, the chief priests and the scribes and the elders
Mar 12:35 - as Jesus taught in the temple, he said, "How can the scribes say that the Christ is
Mar 13:1 - And as he came out of the temple, one of his disciples said to him,
Mar 13:3 - And as he sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple,
Mar 14:49 - Day after day I was with you in the temple teaching,
Luk 2:27 - And inspired by the Spirit he came into the temple;
Luk 2:37 - She did not depart from the temple, worshiping with fasting and prayer
Luk 2:46 - After three days they found him in the temple,
Luk 4:9 - he took him to Jerusalem, and set him on the pinnacle of the temple,
Luk 18:10 - "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee
Luk 19:45 - And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold,
Luk 19:47 - And he was teaching daily in the temple. The chief priests and the scribes
Luk 20:1 - One day, as he was teaching the people in the temple and preaching the gospel,
Luk 21:5 - as some spoke of the temple, how it was adorned with noble stones and offerings, he said,
Luk 21:37 - And every day he was teaching in the temple, but at night he went out
Luk 21:38 - early in the morning all the people came to him in the temple
Luk 22:52 - Then Jesus said to the chief priests and officers of the temple and elders,
Luk 22:53 - When I was with you day after day in the temple, you did not lay hands on me.
Luk 24:53 - and were continually in the temple blessing God.
Jhn 2:14 - In the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons,
Jhn 2:15 - he drove them all, with the sheep and oxen, out of the temple;
Jhn 5:14 - Afterward, Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him,
Jhn 5:14 - Afterward, Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you are well!
Jhn 8:2 - Early in the morning he came again to the temple;
Jhn 8:20 - These words he spoke in the treasury, as he taught in the temple;
Jhn 8:59 - but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple.
Jhn 10:23 - it was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the portico of Solomon.
Jhn 11:56 - They were looking for Jesus and saying to one another as they stood in the temple,
Jhn 18:20 - I have always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where all Jews come together;
Act 2:46 - day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes,
Act 3:1 - Now Peter and John were going up to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour.
(2x) Act 3:2 - "...of the temple which is called Beautiful to ask alms of those who entered the temple.
Act 3:3 - Seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked for alms.
Act 3:8 - he stood and walked and entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.
Act 3:10 - recognized him as the one who sat for alms at the Beautiful Gate of the temple;
Act 4:1 - the priests and the captain of the temple and the Sadducees came upon them,
Act 5:20 - "Go and stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this Life."
Act 5:21 - they entered the temple at daybreak and taught.
Act 5:24 - when the captain of the temple and the chief priests heard these words,
Act 5:25 - The men whom you put in prison are standing in the temple
Act 5:42 - every day in the temple and at home they did not cease teaching and preaching
Act 19:27 - the temple of the great goddess Artemis may count for nothing,
Act 21:26 - and the next day he purified himself with them and went into the temple,
Act 21:27 - the Jews from Asia, who had seen him in the temple, stirred up all the crowd,
Act 21:28 - he also brought Greeks into the temple, and he has defiled this holy place.
Act 21:29 - and they supposed that Paul had brought him into the temple.
Act 21:30 - they seized Paul and dragged him out of the temple,
Act 22:17 - When I had returned to Jerusalem and was praying in the temple,
Act 24:6 - He even tried to profane the temple, but we seized him.
Act 24:12 - either in the temple or in the synagogues, or in the city.
Act 24:18 - As I was doing this, they found me purified in the temple,
Act 25:8 - "Neither against the law of the Jews, nor against the temple, nor against Caesar
Act 26:21 - For this reason the Jews seized me in the temple and tried to kill me.
(2x)1Co 9:13 - Do you not know that those who are employed in the temple service get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in the sacrificial offerings?

Upvote 0