Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Granted, and it's not my desire to promote risque dressing in public.
But the original complaint was about bikinis which were described as wicked. Bikinis are worn on the beach, were designed for that purpose, and so it is entirely appropriate to wear them there.
If they were worn in church for services of worship, weddings or funerals, popping to the shops or working a shift on a ward, they would be entirely inappropriate. (Unless the church service was on the beach.) Paul was writing about propriety in worship.

Are you saying it's appropriate for Christians to wear revealing clothing at public beaches?

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Granted, and it's not my desire to promote risque dressing in public.
Amen!
It's confusing to foreigners to meet people who
dress trampy and then tell them they are "Christians"
To them, you are what you do, not what you say.
IOW, practice what they preach.

The OP is probably out of line (I don't know if I
read the op) but so is our society. (The world)

But the original complaint was about bikinis which were described as wicked. Bikinis are worn on the beach, ...
Very public place.
You'd have to be naked to get any more "risque" lol

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very public place.
You'd have to be naked to get any more "risque" lol

True - but t's acceptable wear on the beach. Being naked is acceptable on certain beaches, and there are even people who encourage it.

But two things occurred to me the other day; 1) that Adam and Eve were created naked and, before the fall, were not ashamed to be so. 2) on one occasion when Peter was fishing he saw the Lord and put his robe back on, for he had taken it off - he might have been fishing naked! Seems that, at times, nakedness was not seen as something to be ashamed of.

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
True - but t's acceptable wear on the beach. Being naked is acceptable on certain beaches, and there are even people who encourage it.

But two things occurred to me the other day; 1) that Adam and Eve were created naked and, before the fall, were not ashamed to be so. 2) on one occasion when Peter was fishing he saw the Lord and put his robe back on, for he had taken it off - he might have been fishing naked! Seems that, at times, nakedness was not seen as something to be ashamed of.

When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father naked and told his two brothers outside. But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father’s naked body. Their faces were turned the other way so that they would not see their father naked. Genesis 9:21-23

Nakedness is never ok.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father naked and told his two brothers outside. But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father’s naked body. Their faces were turned the other way so that they would not see their father naked. Genesis 9:21-23

Nakedness is never ok.

So you shower with clothing on?
Or were you wrong in that "It's never ok" Absolute statement?

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And so that means that it's acceptable to our God?

But two things occurred to me the other day; 1) that Adam and Eve were created naked and, before the fall, were not ashamed to be so.
They were married, there were no other people there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you mean swimsuits and bikinis - of course.

So, let me get this straight. Wearing skimpy outfits is ok for Christians as long as it is done outside church settings.

Interesting...

It was perfectly ok before the fall. Adam and Eve were not created wearing the latest fashions.

Keywords: before the fall..Is public nakedness ok today in the eyes of God?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, let me get this straight. Wearing skimpy outfits is ok for Christians as long as it is done outside church settings.

Interesting...

Keywords: before the fall..Is public nakedness ok today in the eyes of God?

Dose God change his mind?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
At my parents church in the Arizona desert, people wear shorts and sandals and light tops and whatnot. Its appropriate for the climate. Same with the beach, bathing suits are appropriate. With this mindset, where does it stop?

Women in veils and black islamic garb covering them from head to foot? Or dressing like we are in the 17th century? Why all the legalism and rules? Ah, whatever, I guess.
Spring break on the water and beaches would never be the same ;)

Printed-Fabric-Muslim-Swimwear-LO1029M-.jpg
a_lburqini_0730.jpg

Upvote 0

bornofGod888

Feb 20, 2013
Hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
✟3,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were married, there were no other people there.

Did you check behind the trees?

^_^

Seriously, though, even though I cannot stomach following these threads anymore, I do appreciate that you seem to be a woman who actually is affected by the Word of God and not by what society deems to be normal or acceptable. Good for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No. I'm talking about the beach; sun, sea, sunbathing, ice creams, sand - that sort of thing.
Bikinis are swimwear, people swim in the sea at the seaside; what do you suggest they wear? Bikinis are a little more revealing than all in one swim suits, and then of course there are bikinis and bikinis; some leave very little to the inmagination. Personally I would not wear one, unless I lose some weight first. But if a Christian woman is ok with wearing a bikini on a beach - an outfit for the place and purpose for which it was designed - why on earth not? If it's ok with her, and before God; it's ok.
By the way, I hope you would be as vocal about men in speedos or VERY tight trunks?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dose God change his mind?

It was Adam and Eve who were ashamed of their nakedness - God, in his mercy, killed an animal and made clothing for them to wear and which would take away their shame. God created us naked and sees us when we are in the bath, for goodness sake we don't cover up for his sake, but for others and ourselves.

Upvote 0

bornofGod888

Feb 20, 2013
Hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
✟3,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By the way, I hope you would be as vocal about men in speedos or VERY tight trunks?

If I saw a man in a very tight trunk, then I'd definitely be vocal about it.

QUICK!!!

SOMEBODY!!!

SET THAT MAN FREE!!!

See what I mean?

^_^

P.S.

Don't mind me. I'm still recovering from the full (well, now empty) bag of sour jelly beans that I ate...

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No. I'm talking about the beach; sun, sea, sunbathing, ice creams, sand - that sort of thing.
Bikinis are swimwear, people swim in the sea at the seaside; what do you suggest they wear? Bikinis are a little more revealing than all in one swim suits, and then of course there are bikinis and bikinis; some leave very little to the inmagination. Personally I would not wear one, unless I lose some weight first. But if a Christian woman is ok with wearing a bikini on a beach - an outfit for the place and purpose for which it was designed - why on earth not? If it's ok with her, and before God; it's ok.

What do I suggest Christian women wear in public areas?

Less revealing clothing. Simples.:)

By the way, do you ever wonder why those magazines with women wearing bikinis sell so much? Do you ever wonder why Miley Cyrus is even more popular these days?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do I suggest Christian women wear in public areas?

Less revealing clothing. Simples.:)

:doh:I'm not talking about public places in general, I'm talking about the seaside and only the seaside. I'm talking very hot weather, swimming in the sea, sunbathing and possibly eating ice creams that melt and make a mess all over the place. What do you suggest for these activities - full length evening gown?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.