Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why everyone assumes that being a born-again makes you automatically perfect? I have being a Christian for 20 years yet I still have my weaknesses. If you want to criticize someone's style that is fine but don't try to assume the man is possible not saved.
Well said.

I think we would be suspicious of a man who persecuted, imprisoned and murdered Christians all of a sudden showing up preaching the Gospel. Wait that happened....

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi nick,

Really? You've got a youtube video of some guy sitting in his den doing a bit, and to you that person represents the American media. Really?

Ok.

While I can certainly see that the media, for the most part is neither godly nor godless, but strictly doing their best to report news, I think it even more of a shame when believers play the same generalization game by posting such tripe as your post.

Why can't the title of your thread just be that some nobody on youtube thinks Kanye West's 'Jesus is King' album is a bit hypocritical? Because that's actually what your post is proving.

Oh yea, and that's good that you wrote 'furious' in all caps. Maybe I should take your post and put it up on Youtube with the title 'SUPPOSED CHRISTIAN' thinks the media is all furious bout Kanye West's 'Jesus is King' album because he saw a guy on youtube say so. Now we know why christians are so ________, they think mainstream news sources are youtube posters.

God bless,
In Chris, ted
Are you suspicious of West because he supports Trump?

Upvote 0

straykat

Apr 17, 2018
Catacombs
✟22,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People acting ignorant that the media isn't godless is a strange thing. You've become a tad too accustomed to where we live, if that's your standpoint. Too used to the godlessness that you somehow don't even recognize it any more. You're becoming like Lot, who didn't pack his own bags and leave Sodom, and had to be dragged out. So clueless he actually offered his own daughters first.

Jesus himself told us to not be of the world, that you are not reborn of this world, that his kingdom is not of this world, and his last apostle urged us with a final message to be unstained by the world. We are only called to be a light to the world. Not blind to it. And the media is very much part of this landscape. Whether it's ancient media, like Ovid, or modern media like ours.

I've only heard one song of Kanye's on this album. I'm generally not a fan, but all I heard was people praising God. I don't understand why anyone here has an issue with that.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Didn't Kanye already sing Jesus Walks With Me? Was he not a Christian then? He said he was. I'm confused.

He was guided by mammon, style, fame, etc then; and he still basically hasn't changed (though he has maybe modified his sin a bit_ not true repentance). He's just trying to reconcile "jesus" to his carnal, worldly pursuits and get around having to die to self to really take up His cross to follow the real Jesus on the strait and narrow that leads to eternal life. Be not deceived. If we think he gets to avoid the cross, we will give ourselves that same liberty and end up rejected from God's kingdom as workers of iniquity (i.e. lawlessness).

Luke 13:23-27: "23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, 24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity."

1 John 2:15-17: "15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever."

James 4:4: " Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

2 Timothy 3:1-5: "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

Galatians 6:14: "14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He was guided by mammon, style, fame, etc then; and he still basically hasn't changed (though he has maybe modified his sin a bit_ not true repentance). He's just trying to reconcile "jesus" to his carnal, worldly pursuits
You know this how?

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit. (1 Cor 12:3)

Kanye done good.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit. (1 Cor 12:3)

Kanye done good.

So everyone who calls Jesus Lord is a Christian led by the Holy Spirit? No way! That's not what 1 Corinthians 12:3 is saying.

Luke 6:46: "46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"

Matthew 7:21-23: "21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Titus 1:16: "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

And 2 Corinthians 11:4 speaks of false jesuses accompanied by deceitful spirits and false gospels.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So everyone who calls Jesus Lord is a Christian led by the Holy Spirit? No way! That's not what 1 Corinthians 12:3 is saying.

Luke 6:46: "46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"

Matthew 7:21-23: "21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Titus 1:16: "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

And 2 Corinthians 11:4 speaks of false jesuses accompanied by deceitful spirits and false gospels.

I know very little about Kanye West. Anyone mainstream who names their album Jesus is King gets a thumbs up from me.

What else would you need from him to be convinced?

Reactions: Nick Moser
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He was guided by mammon, style, fame, etc then; and he still basically hasn't changed (though he has maybe modified his sin a bit_ not true repentance). He's just trying to reconcile "jesus" to his carnal, worldly pursuits and get around having to die to self to really take up His cross to follow the real Jesus on the strait and narrow that leads to eternal life. Be not deceived. If we think he gets to avoid the cross, we will give ourselves that same liberty and end up rejected from God's kingdom as workers of iniquity (i.e. lawlessness).

Luke 13:23-27: "23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, 24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity."

1 John 2:15-17: "15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever."

James 4:4: " Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

2 Timothy 3:1-5: "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

Galatians 6:14: "14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."

Comments coming from someone that seems to know him well?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know very little about Kanye West. Anyone mainstream who names their album Jesus is King gets a thumbs up from me.

What else would you need from him to be convinced?

You cannot be mainstream and serve the Jesus of the Bible. Anyone could take any person or thing and label it as "Jesus." Apart from the principles of righteousness and proper worship delineated in Scripture, saying "Jesus is King" means absolutely nothing. And anyone who lives by the principles of righteousness and proper worship in Scripture cannot be a mainstream success. It is impossible due to the competing value systems. Again, James 4:4 and 1 John 2:15-17. To be convinced about Kanye West I would at least need to see and hear him renounce the godless style and lyrics of the very music which got him money and fame; I'd expect him to thus renounce and forfeit all profits from the music. I could not post examples of the filth in the music he is still profiting from here without being censured or banned (I hope I could not anyways). He has also spoken of being a God in his music, dressed up on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine as if he were Christ (which is blasphemous and idolatry), and the list could go on and on. Where is the godly sorrow and the zeal to make restitution for all of this? He can't just cover it over by what he's doing now and think its acceptable- and if we think it is acceptable we are naïve and our standard of Christianity is polluted and not even on the right track to aligning with Scripture. We are simply then calling the broad road to perdition the narrow way that leads to life and are worse off than those who don't think themselves to have any interest in the Jesus of the Bible at all.

Question for you then too: How do you know that the jesus Kanye West is promoting is not the anti-Christ?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why everyone assumes that being a born-again makes you automatically perfect?

Most people have the privilege of working out their salvation in private outside of public scrutiny. They can sin and stumble without the world judging the validity of their salvation and walk.

He’s in the public eye and fighting against forces most aren’t wrestling with. Kanye isn’t the first artist that made a gospel album. His popularity and platform allow him to reach millions who aren’t attending church or interested in today’s emotive worship music which many men dislike.

I’m praying for God’s will to be done through him and his music. The how and why are His concern not mine.

~Bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is my favorite track. Its a beautiful song. I’ve included the lyrics.

Water - Kanye West

[Kanye West:]
Well, right
So, so well
Well, right
So, so
High as the sun come out
Plannin'
Bootin'
Plannin'
Movin'
Plannin'
Tubin', there
Well, well

[Ant Clemons:]
Clean us like the rain in spring
Take the chlorine out our conversation
Let Your light reflect on me
I promise I'm not hiding anything
It's water
We are water
Pure as water
Like a newborn daughter

The storm may come
But we'll get through it because of Your love
Either way, we crash like water
Your love's water
Pure as water
We are water

Jesus, flow through us
Jesus, heal the bruises
Jesus, clean the music
Jesus, please use us
Jesus, please help
Jesus, please heal
Jesus, please forgive
Jesus, please reveal
Jesus, give us strength
Jesus, make us well
Jesus, help us live
Jesus, give us wealth
Jesus is our safe
Jesus is our rock
Jesus, give us grace
Jesus, keep us safe

It's water
We are water
Pure as water
Like a newborn daughter

We like water, mmh
We like water
Well, right
So, so well
Well, right
So, so
High as the sun come out
Plannin'
Bootin'
Plannin'
Movin'
Plannin'
Tubin', there
Well, well

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've only heard one song of Kanye's on this album. I'm generally not a fan, but all I heard was people praising God. I don't understand why anyone here has an issue with that.

That’s the first song I heard. The lyrics are nice. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You cannot be mainstream and serve the Jesus of the Bible. Anyone could take any person or thing and label it as "Jesus." Apart from the principles of righteousness and proper worship delineated in Scripture, saying "Jesus is King" means absolutely nothing. And anyone who lives by the principles of righteousness and proper worship in Scripture cannot be a mainstream success. It is impossible due to the competing value systems. Again, James 4:4 and 1 John 2:15-17. To be convinced about Kanye West I would at least need to see and hear him renounce the godless style and lyrics of the very music which got him money and fame; I'd expect him to thus renounce and forfeit all profits from the music. I could not post examples of the filth in the music he is still profiting from here without being censured or banned (I hope I could not anyways). He has also spoken of being a God in his music, dressed up on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine as if he were Christ (which is blasphemous and idolatry), and the list could go on and on. Where is the godly sorrow and the zeal to make restitution for all of this? He can't just cover it over by what he's doing now and think its acceptable- and if we think it is acceptable we are naïve and our standard of Christianity is polluted and not even on the right track to aligning with Scripture. We are simply then calling the broad road to perdition the narrow way that leads to life and are worse off than those who don't think themselves to have any interest in the Jesus of the Bible at all.

Question for you then too: How do you know that the jesus Kanye West is promoting is not the anti-Christ?

You know, I agree with you. There's something really uncomfortable about the whole thing. Add to that, Kim (his wife) has been discussing his conversion on talk shows, no less. It all just seems very showmanship-like.

Also, I feel like we've done this before, when Jesus walked with him (in song, anyway). I had no idea he wasn't a legitimate Christian then, or a born-again believer. But, OK, he is one now. Sure. Because, you know, he's dedicated an entire album this time, not just one song. He must mean it this time. Tune in, we can all watch.

I'd be curious to see if this will affect his side projects. He produces quite a few hip-hop records for other artists, like Nas, for example. Together, they made the launch/listening party seem more like a spiritual event...funny, huh? Check it out..it's an eerie precursor to what he's doing now.

Even better, watch the first four minutes of this video (and if you can, stay for it all!), and see if you feel any differently: The Kanye West Deception.

Our heroes are all tainted now. They match this unrighteous world we find ourselves in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know, I agree with you. There's something really uncomfortable about the whole thing. Add to that, Kim (his wife) has been discussing his conversion on talk shows, no less. It all just seems very showmanship-like.

Also, I feel like we've done this before, when Jesus walked with him (in song, anyway). I had no idea he wasn't a legitimate Christian then, or a born-again believer. But, OK, he is one now. Sure. Because, you know, he's dedicated an entire album this time, not just one song. He must mean it this time. Tune in, we can all watch.

I'd be curious to see if this will affect his side projects. He produces quite a few hip-hop records for other artists, like Nas, for example. Together, they made the launch/listening party seem more like a spiritual event...funny, huh? Check it out..it's an eerie precursor to what he's doing now.

Even better, watch the first four minutes of this video (and if you can, stay for it all!), and see if you feel any differently: The Kanye West Deceptive

Our heroes are all tainted now. They match this unrighteous world we find ourselves in.

Our heroes are all tainted now. They match this unrighteous world we find ourselves in. Where we somehow care about Justin Bieber's wedding, as though he's family, or the fact he goes to church, or his new-found sobriety. I mean, he hangs out all day long posing with his wife and positing about life. Get a real job...maybe one where you actually help humanity, since you have all this time on your hands now.

I miss the 90s. Hope was still underwriting the world. Before Y2K, before 9/11, and even before Kurt Cobain's death. And while we had hip hop, groups like Public Enemy seemed on the right side of things, even if, on Chuck D's left, was a kooky dude with a large watch (Flavor Flav). And yes, I loved me some Nas, too. There was a message. Positivity abounded, and Judeo-Christian values were the norm, not the exception.

Oh, and there was no talk of building walls then (we had spent the past tearing them down, after all), and we weren't surprised when people went to church or said they loved Jesus. And we certainly didn't need their relatives shouting it out to the world on talk shows. But then, we could see the whites of people's eyes then. Now they are cast down...on smartphones.

I am sad now. Please hold me. :help:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is my favorite track. Its a beautiful song. I’ve included the lyrics.

Water - Kanye West

Well, right
So, so well
Well, right
So, so
High as the sun come out
Plannin'
Bootin'
Plannin'
Movin'
Plannin'
Tubin', there
Well, well

It's water
We are water
Pure as water
Like a newborn daughter

The storm may come
But we'll get through it because of Your love
Either way, we crash like water
Your love's water
Pure as water
We are water

Jesus, flow through us
Jesus, heal the bruises
Jesus, clean the music
Jesus, please use us
Jesus, please help
Jesus, please heal
Jesus, please forgive
Jesus, please reveal
Jesus, give us strength
Jesus, make us well
Jesus, help us live
Jesus, give us wealth
Jesus is our safe
Jesus is our rock
Jesus, give us grace
Jesus, keep us safe

It's water
We are water
Pure as water
Like a newborn daughter

We like water, mmh
We like water
Well, right
So, so well
Well, right
So, so
High as the sun come out
Plannin'
Bootin'
Plannin'
Movin'
Plannin'
Tubin', there
Well, well

Not my kind of song
but,
he mentions Jesus
so,
bless the man.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You think he's the chief of sinners? Doubt it not, God can deliver him in the twinkling of an eye.

We live in hope and walk in faith by the grace of God.

Upvote 0