Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You think he's the chief of sinners? Doubt it not, God can deliver him in the twinkling of an eye.

We live in hope and walk in faith by the grace of God.

How did this happen, exactly? Everything seems to be so public about this event.

Watch the first four minutes of this video:

Says much about him.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you suspicious of West because he supports Trump?

Hi RLH,

Thanks for your response. I'm afraid you've missed my point. Other than I think he's married to a Kardashian, I don't really know Mr. West. My point is just, oh well...forget it. I really don't know how better to put it than what I've already written.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I miss the 90s. Hope was still underwriting the world. Before Y2K, before 9/11, and even before Kurt Cobain's death. And while we had hip hop, groups like Public Enemy seemed on the right side of things, even if, on Chuck D's left, was a kooky dude with a large watch (Favor Flav). There was a message. Positivity abounded, and Judeo-Christian values were the norm, not the exception.

Positivity? The 90s!? Judeo-Christian values in Nirvana et al?! Now I've heard it all. Extreme maybe, but still just a poor satanic attempt to replace Christ with a parade of pop idols.

By the way, may I suggest even Lennon, Bowie, Prince and Jackson did better jobs of faking their deaths than Cobain. That story was hopelessly contrived and riddled with holes (pardon the pun).

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Positivity? The 90s!? Judeo-Christian values in Nirvana et al?! Now I've heard it all. Extreme maybe, but still just a poor satanic attempt to replace Christ with a parade of pop idols.

Um, who said "Judeo-Christian values in Nirvana"? Read much? Comprehension, much? I wrote BEFORE the days of Cobain's death, 9/11, et. al.

Try again, my friend.

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the way, may I suggest even Lennon, Bowie, Prince and Jackson did better jobs of faking their deaths than Cobain. That story was hopelessly contrived and riddled with holes (pardon the pun).

LOL, WHAT?????

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Um, who said "Judeo-Christian values in Nirvana"? Read much? Comprehension, much? I wrote BEFORE the days of Cobain's death, 9/11, et. al.

Try again, my friend.

Nirvana was Cobain's band.

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nirvana was Cobain's band.

No kidding. I was a fan. A big one. Hence the reason I mentioned him.

Not sure why you think I wouldn't know this. I. Mentioned. Him.

Foo Fighters --> Dave Grohl --> drummer of Nirvana.

Butch Vig, record producer, for both bands.

See? I know stuff. No Googling required.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No kidding. I was a fan. A big one. Hence the reason I mentioned him.

Not sure why you think I wouldn't know this. I. Mentioned. Him.

Foo Fighters --> Dave Grohl --> drummer of Nirvana.

Butch Vig, record producer, for both bands.

See? I know stuff. No Googling required.

Very good. So what did I fail to comprehend?

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very good. So what did I fail to comprehend?

Never mind (two words this time, *wink*). I don't want to fight anymore.

You don't like my writing, that's fine. You don't dig my thoughts, that's cool, too.

Kiss and make up, yes?

:hug:

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Never mind (two words this time, *wink*). I don't want to fight anymore.

You don't like my writing, that's fine. You don't dig my thoughts, that's cool, too.

Kiss and make up, yes?

:hug:

Lol of course sister, and I'm all apologies(!) for any misunderstanding. I like your writing and thoughts just fine, and have a couple of my own every so often.

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lol of course sister, and I'm all apologies(!) for any misunderstanding. I like your writing and thoughts just fine, and have a couple of my own every so often.

You are too cute. Really and truly.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps instead of poking eyes as Christians someone stand up to disciple West. Paul sends some sage instructions in 1 Timothy 4.

1. In “word” or speech—see also Matthew 12: 34–37; Ephesians 4: 25, 29, 31.

2. In “conduct” or righteous living—see also Titus 2: 10; 1 Peter 1: 15; 2: 12; 3: 16.

3. In “love” or self-sacrificial service for others—see also John 15: 13.

4. In “faith” or faithfulness or commitment, not belief—see also 1 Corinthians 4: 2. 5. In “purity” and particularly sexual purity—see also 4: 2.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You think he's the chief of sinners? Doubt it not, God can deliver him in the twinkling of an eye.

We live in hope and walk in faith by the grace of God.

God can deliver him when and if he repents, forfeits the profits from his perverse lyrics, stops entertaining the world, and submits to suffering to follow every word of God like Jesus said we must do and like the Apostle Paul did.

There is a great distinction between potential for obtaining God's grace and already being in God's grace. I never said anything against the former regarding Kanye or anyone else. Being a mainstream entertainer is incompatible with being a faithful Christian; and if Kanye were really following the Jesus of the Bible he'd not be getting on a single major network to promote his album or share his faith. The thoroughness of his turning from evil and vanity would be so shocking and scandalous to the world and cause such outrage (not the trivial opposition he's getting now which may even be manufactured) among the television viewers that he'd be out of business. And that's the thing about this whole "Jesus is King" act of K.W.'s- IT IS BUSINESS! And yet if He were really submitted to the true Jesus as His King His testimony for Him would not be business and he'd thus have no business to be put out of (regarding fame, entertaining the world, and making mega-bucks doing so). Such profit and such an image would already be reckoned dead on the cross as an aspect of his old man and the things which were gain to him therein.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps instead of poking eyes as Christians someone stand up to disciple West. Paul sends some sage instructions in 1 Timothy 4.

1. In “word” or speech—see also Matthew 12: 34–37; Ephesians 4: 25, 29, 31.

2. In “conduct” or righteous living—see also Titus 2: 10; 1 Peter 1: 15; 2: 12; 3: 16.

3. In “love” or self-sacrificial service for others—see also John 15: 13.

4. In “faith” or faithfulness or commitment, not belief—see also 1 Corinthians 4: 2. 5. In “purity” and particularly sexual purity—see also 4: 2.

If you know Mr. West you can send him to me. I'll disciple him if he's willing to hear and if heeds the Bible's instructions in the above things he'll be public renouncing his Rolling Stone cover where he dressed blasphemously portrayed himself as the Lord Jesus crucified, he'll forfeit his profits from all his songs where he used profane language, spoke lewdly about women, or glorified sin of any kind (this will hurt his wallet for sure); he'll start attending a faithful church where he'll start from square 1 as a new member who learns from well-trained ministers with extensive knowledge of God's Word and orderly families, and he won't be given a position in ministry due to his money or fame or charisma, but instead he'll humble himself and take a low seat (like anyone new member of a faithful church that seeks to follow the faith once delivered to the saints through the faithful 1st century Apostles). He'll learn to trust God to provide him with actual productive work as his fame and fortune over his current career go down the drain when people see he really is serious about obeying every word of God and not just to modify his sin a little to sell his new album about (some entity named) Jesus who bears a slightly faint resemblance to the Jesus of the Bible. And many, many other important aspects of Biblical discipleship that there is little reason to believe he has a heart for right now. I'd love to disciple him if he will really listen and heed what the Bible says. I hope to hear from him.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you know Mr. West you can send him to me. I'll disciple him if he's willing to hear and if heeds the Bible's instructions in the above things he'll be public renouncing his Rolling Stone cover where he dressed blasphemously portrayed himself as the Lord Jesus crucified, he'll forfeit his profits from all his songs where he used profane language, spoke lewdly about women, or glorified sin of any kind (this will hurt his wallet for sure); he'll start attending a faithful church where he'll start from square 1 as a new member who learns from well-trained ministers with extensive knowledge of God's Word and orderly families, and he won't be given a position in ministry due to his money or fame or charisma, but instead he'll humble himself and take a low seat (like anyone new member of a faithful church that seeks to follow the faith once delivered to the saints through the faithful 1st century Apostles). He'll learn to trust God to provide him with actual productive work as his fame and fortune over his current career go down the drain when people see he really is serious about obeying every word of God and not just to modify his sin a little to sell his new album about (some entity named) Jesus who bears a slightly faint resemblance to the Jesus of the Bible. And many, many other important aspects of Biblical discipleship that there is little reason to believe he has a heart for right now. I'd love to disciple him if he will really listen and heed what the Bible says. I hope to hear from him.
Apparently West is new to the faith. Don’t know about you but I was not perfect in my walk immediately. Nor are any of us perfect now.

Sure, his sins are out there in public and recorded. He stated he will no longer produce or sing music like he did in the past. Being married to his wife? What’s your solution? Divorce his wife Kim K? Not even Paul advised this.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, I don't believe he should divorce her. But I think she'd leave him if he had done, or really yet were to do, a 180 turn and fully departs out of darkness to walk in the light of God's Word.

I don't believe a Christian in this life is perfect in the sense of being totally like Jesus, but I do believe the Bible requires a perfect heart that is wholly after the Lord and surrendered to walk in His ways. Paul, Zaccheus, and all the righteous in the Bible demonstrate this- even the thief on the cross when he repented even though he only had one opportunity to actualize his repentance. There is no obtaining God's grace nor real Christian growth nor real conformity to Christ's image without this.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I don't believe he should divorce her. But I think she'd leave him if he had done, or really yet were to do, a 180 turn and fully departs out of darkness to walk in the light of God's Word.

I don't believe a Christian in this life is perfect in the sense of being totally like Jesus, but I do believe the Bible requires a perfect heart that is wholly after the Lord and surrendered to walk in His ways. Paul, Zaccheus, and all the righteous in the Bible demonstrate this- even the thief on the cross when he repented even though he only had one opportunity to actualize his repentance. There is no obtaining God's grace nor real Christian growth nor real conformity to Christ's image without this.
Indeed faith and repentance is the Christian walk.

From what I’ve read his proclamation of being a Christian is quite new. Do we know what exactly when, where and how he repented? No we don’t. However, the fruit you are looking for may not come for days, weeks or months as West is introduced to the Holy Word of God.

Let’s pray for West. I’m sure many Jerusalem Christians were suspicious of Paul given his persecution of the church.

• Friendly
Reactions: ajcarey
Upvote 0