Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you look at Paul, Zaccheus, and the true examples of repentance in the Bible the matters Mr. West isn't showing fruit on are things that shouldn't take months or years to show. The Rich Young Ruler was basically told the idol of mammon and man's esteem has to go right now or you're not even ready to be my disciple and enter into God's grace at all. The Rich Young Ruler went away from Jesus sorrowful; and Jesus didn't call him back and say that the idols can go later and you can start being my witness as you grow into forsaking your idols gradually. Dividing light from darkness along Biblical lines still leaves Mr. West in darkness or we can't exercise Biblical discernment at all; and then any man's profession of Christianity is just as good as another's. I don't see such a viewpoint in Scripture. I can still pray for Mr. West though.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you look at Paul, Zaccheus, and the true examples of repentance in the Bible the matters Mr. West isn't showing fruit on are things that shouldn't take months or years to show. The Rich Young Ruler was basically told the idol of mammon and man's esteem has to go right now or you're not even ready to be my disciple and enter into God's grace at all. The Rich Young Ruler went away from Jesus sorrowful; and Jesus didn't call him back and say that the idols can go later and you can start being my witness as you grow into forsaking your idols gradually. Dividing light from darkness along Biblical lines still leaves Mr. West in darkness or we can't exercise Biblical discernment at all; and then any man's profession of Christianity is just as good as another's. I don't see such a viewpoint in Scripture. I can still pray for Mr. West though.
We should all achieve to sell all our stuff and live like monastics yet not everyone does it.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We should all achieve to sell all our stuff and live like monastics yet not everyone does it.

What Jesus told the Rich Young Ruler was not about that; it was about the fact that his value system was out of line with the Lord's and a drastic action needed to be taken to correct that and come into alignment with Jesus (as His disciple submitted to His authority). Not everyone needs to take the same measures for that, but all need to take measures to that end and many do need to drastic measures of some kind- and Mr. West has done many things drastically out of line with the Lord; if he were even maybe repentant we would know by corrective actions which correspond to those drastically unrighteous things (as much as in his power). Samuel knew Saul was not repentant over not obeying the Lord regarding destroying all that belonged to Amalek because of the sheep of Amalek bleating in Samuel's ears and Agag their king still being alive. Samuel wasn't being overly harsh nor overly scrupulous to say that Saul was yet out of line and to know his apology was lacking. When the evidence of that is there, we should discern it and call it for what it is or we will surely make unwarranted allowances and indulgences for ourselves too.

"10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. 11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter." (2 Corinthians 7:10-11)

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God can deliver him when and if he repents, forfeits the profits from his perverse lyrics, stops entertaining the world, and submits to suffering to follow every word of God like Jesus said we must do and like the Apostle Paul did.

There is a great distinction between potential for obtaining God's grace and already being in God's grace. I never said anything against the former regarding Kanye or anyone else. Being a mainstream entertainer is incompatible with being a faithful Christian; and if Kanye were really following the Jesus of the Bible he'd not be getting on a single major network to promote his album or share his faith. The thoroughness of his turning from evil and vanity would be so shocking and scandalous to the world and cause such outrage (not the trivial opposition he's getting now which may even be manufactured) among the television viewers that he'd be out of business. And that's the thing about this whole "Jesus is King" act of K.W.'s- IT IS BUSINESS! And yet if He were really submitted to the true Jesus as His King His testimony for Him would not be business and he'd thus have no business to be put out of (regarding fame, entertaining the world, and making mega-bucks doing so). Such profit and such an image would already be reckoned dead on the cross as an aspect of his old man and the things which were gain to him therein.

Really brother, you're wasting all that righteous indignation. The authenticity or otherwise of Mr West's conversion is just a matter of curiosity and idle gossip. The applicable scriptures imho might be in the order of Mk 9:39 - And Jesus said, "Do not forbid him. For there is no one who will do a work of power in My name, and will be able readily to speak evil of Me.

So Kanye will be hard-pressed to resile from his position and knock Jesus in future. If he thinks he is Jesus, good he can learn to walk upright and give it up for God.

I'm more concerned about the false teachers in the church, the ravening wolves with their twisted doctrines who ford land and sea to gain a new convert, only then to make him twice as much a son of hell as they are.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What Jesus told the Rich Young Ruler was not about that; it was about the fact that his value system was out of line with the Lord's and a drastic action needed to be taken to correct that and come into alignment with Jesus (as His disciple submitted to His authority). Not everyone needs to take the same measures for that, but all need to take measures to that end and many do need to drastic measures of some kind- and Mr. West has done many things drastically out of line with the Lord; if he were even maybe repentant we would know by corrective actions which correspond to those drastically unrighteous things (as much as in his power). Samuel knew Saul was not repentant over not obeying the Lord regarding destroying all that belonged to Amalek because of the sheep of Amalek bleating in Samuel's ears and Agag their king still being alive. Samuel wasn't being overly harsh nor overly scrupulous to say that Saul was yet out of line and to know his apology was lacking. When the evidence of that is there, we should discern it and call it for what it is or we will surely make unwarranted allowances and indulgences for ourselves too.

"10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. 11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter." (2 Corinthians 7:10-11)
Yes, it was a direct commandment from God to King Saul. While I agree Kanye West can have difficulties with his wealth and fame, I don't think that should be something to judge considering we can be greedy even when we are not as wealthy as him.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Really brother, you're wasting all that righteous indignation. The authenticity or otherwise of Mr West's conversion is just a matter of curiosity and idle gossip. The applicable scriptures imho might be in the order of Mk 9:39 - And Jesus said, "Do not forbid him. For there is no one who will do a work of power in My name, and will be able readily to speak evil of Me.

So Kanye will be hard-pressed to resile from his position and knock Jesus in future. If he thinks he is Jesus, good he can learn to walk upright and give it up for God.

I'm more concerned about the false teachers in the church, the ravening wolves with their twisted doctrines who ford land and sea to gain a new convert, only then to make him twice as much a son of hell as they are.

No , it is not good if he thinks he's Jesus. It is never good or productive to be an anti-Christ.

It is the false teachers in the church who have produced false doctrine and false Christianity to cause evangelicals to believe that tares are wheat. and to think that righteous indignation against the falsehood in the tares is a waste.

Mark 9:39 is not relevant to this discussion, and even if Kanye had done a miracle in Jesus' name, Mark 9:39 would only be applicable if he were not part of my church or your church- it is not dealing with those who misrepresent Jesus and those who preach a false jesus.

And if the matter of matter of the authenticity of Mr. West's conversion is really just a matter of curiosity or idle gossip as you say, what are you doing here and why are you talking with me about this???

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it was a direct commandment from God to King Saul. While I agree Kanye West can have difficulties with his wealth and fame, I don't think that should be something to judge considering we can be greedy even when we are not as wealthy as him.

Yes, and if I were selling my soul for fame and fortune, even though I was yet poor, then you'd have good reason to say I was an idolater too.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And if the matter of matter of the authenticity of Mr. West's conversion is really just a matter of curiosity or idle gossip as you say, what are you doing here and why are you talking with me about this???

Made a fleeting comment then let myself get drawn in. Have you examined why you personally feel so strongly about this fellow and need to insist upon the righteousness of your view? Look, Kanye's married to a trannie from a family of deceivers and the entire industry is saturated in satanism of the baphomet variety, so there's very probably a fiendish baby-eating agenda snaking away sub-rosa.

But I'm a fool for God and live in hope as I said.

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Made a fleeting comment then let myself get drawn in. Have you examined why you personally feel so strongly about this fellow and need to insist upon the righteousness of your view? Look, Kanye's married to a trannie from a family of deceivers and the entire industry is saturated in satanism of the baphomet variety, so there's very probably a fiendish baby-eating agenda snaking away sub-rosa.

But I'm a fool for God and live in hope as I said.

I've stated my reasons throughout this thread. Basically: If we justify Kanye as he remains at enmity with God's law and an enemy of the cross of Christ, then we are sure to make that same allowance for ourselves to do the same. And the entire mainstream music industry IS saturated with satanic values at the very least. Being a fool for Christ doesn't mean bury our heads in the sand to this; it means contend against stuff like this and live by the true and pure values of heaven rather than by the evil and corrupt values of the world. "They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them." (Proverbs 28:4)

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've stated my reasons throughout this thread. Basically: If we justify Kanye as he remains at enmity with God's law and an enemy of the cross of Christ, then we are sure to make that same allowance for ourselves to do the same. And the entire mainstream music industry IS saturated with satanic values at the very least. Being a fool for Christ doesn't mean bury our heads in the sand to this; it means contend against stuff like this and live by the true and pure values of heaven rather than by the evil and corrupt values of the world. "They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them." (Proverbs 28:4)

So how to contend? Our enemies are spiritual. It's not Kanye, it's the antichrist spirit. And he seems to be giving Mr West a day off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's what he wants us to think.

"14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." (2 Cor 11:14-15)

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's what he wants us to think.

"14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." (2 Cor 11:14-15)

Yes, I get it. We're not entirely ignorant of the devil's schemes. Perhaps you should have a bit more faith in your brethren. Just sayin'. Ok expose the unfruitful works of darkness, perhaps you'd like to join me in railing against the devil's blue ribbon frauds, qabbalistic and masonic deceptions like big bang/ heliocentrism, the holohoax, secret sodomite trannies, the monetary system and 911. Or you can play in the shallows with the the epiphenomena of plastic idol fake news items.

Upvote 0