United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Thank you for your reply.
Exactly. Correctly, David Kent. When we search through the Word of GOD the understanding of the Daniel's prophecies, we can see clearly with the help of our GOD the real scenary of the enironment and the things in, as whether we were there and see it. In other words, I would say the 4th Beast "swallowed" the 3 previous Beats as you said, and "added attributes of it's own".

Yes, David. Unfortunately "the chart is obviously fake" mainly regarding to the period of the prophecy, that extends to the present days, which for us is the main period and is current.

As we know, there is a lot of literatures and a variety of interpretations of Daniel's prophecy, honestly they don't satisfy me, I don't believe in them as well as Marilyn's chart. So in my independent interpretation, the most difficult point to interpret in the horrend fourth Beast is the detail of the ten horns. In my view, and I think your view too, there is a lot of speculation and also conjectures about the ten horns whose roots, as you know, only appeared in the Roman Empire: described in Daniel 2:40-43 as the fourth kingdom. I think that in these biblical verses are placed the most deep points to be interpreted and revealed. Why? How I see them? I will try to explain how I see the scenary:

- First: - How it all began

First I see there are two kinds of peoples created by our GOD: The Gentiles and a specific and peculiar people-the Jews-Israel; seed of Abraham, divided in two kingdoms; Kingdom of Judah(2 tribes) and Kingdom of Israel(10 tribes); the Jews/Israel were separated from the Gentiles(from the waters) after GOD takes Israel from the Egypt and placed them in the promised land.

- Second: When they happend.
In His Word, yes, in His Word, our GOD define these two kinds of people by allegory: Sea and Clay(Isaiah 64:8), or waters and earth, or still waters and dry land; For me there is an interesting and very deep detail here to be interpreted: the dry land only appears in the 3rd Day of creation-from 3.000 to 4.000 years after Adam. Genesis 1:9-13; Actually, this detail appears very deep for me or in my view, and of hard interpretation.

- Third: Development of the four kingdoms.

The description of Daniel 7 about the environment of the nations through a long period in that ancient time, by allegory four winds/four Beasts/four realms, the respective happenings occurred in the fourth Day, from 3.000 to 4.000 years after Adam, and the biblical history of the FOUR Beasts STARTS in the time of Nebuchadnezzar, as below:

1st - Kingdom of Babylon : 605–539 BC.
By the way, in 587 B.C.-Judah's kingdom is conquered by Babylon-Jerusalem and First Templo destroyed; most Jews are exiled to Babylon.

2nd - Kingdom of Medo-Persian - 559-330 B.C.

3rd - Kingdom of Greece: 330-168 BC.

4th - Kingdom of Romans 168 BC to....the current time

In parallel to the Scriptures, the History brings in details how the Roman Empire developed , and how it was divided in two, and when and how each one ended, but for the people of GOD what matters and prevails is the revelation of the Word of GOD - Daniel 7:7 - that DESCRIBES the a fourth beast-fourth kingdom-, as being dreadful, terrible, strong exceedingly; and has great iron teeth:
it devoures and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and was diverse from all the (first three) Beasts that were before it; and it has ten horns(This is the main detail attached in the verse). And there came up among them another little horn(the eleventh horn).
I see there is a great mystery hiden in this detail of 10 horns, and a little horn which the History doesn't describe, only the Spirit of GOD can reveal.

WHAT IS THE GREAT MYSTERY HIDEN IN THE WORD OF GOD on 10 horns, and a little horn, the eleventh horn?

My point from now on is about the 10 horns, and the little horn, the eleventh that came up among the the family of 10 horns. By the way, these 10 horns appear in the body of the Gentile Beast of sea (Rev. 13:1), and in the body of the red Dragon (Rev.12:3). Why?

In my understanding, the 10 horns highlighted in the Bible, which appeared only in the Roman Empire-fourth Beast-, the History knows not them, they are mentioned in the Bible, but in occult. I will try to describe it bellow, according my own interpretation, but it is different of all that exist in the literatures, or even in forums:

As I above said, GOD created two kinds of peoples: Gentiles and Jewish, these completely separated from the Gentiles, it because they were/are the seed of Abraham, as GOD had promised to him;

So, the people of Israel -the biblical 10 tribes - , seed of Abraham, it was an appendice and a nuisance within the Roman Empire, in fact an extrange part attached to the Roman Empire due its origin.

By allegory, the word "horn" express strength and honour of very ancient origin.

That said, in my view 10 horns refer to the Israel, that was destroyed and scattered from 70 AD to 1.948AD, 1878 years of strong punishments. And the little horn that will come up from among them refers to a powerful Jewish leader, who will sit on his throne in Jerusalem, actually a profane wicked prince of Israel as is revealed in Ezekiel 21:25, and Matt. 24:15, and John 5:43-47, and 2 Thess.2:3-4 and 9, and Rev. 13:11 and Rev. 12:3. It is he who will give to the first Beast- the Beast of sea-having 7 heads, and 10 horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy, his Power, and his Throne, and great Authority - Revelation 13:2.

It's it.

May our Lord GOD bless and keep us, and give us His protection
Amen
Martin Luther was told by the Pope that he could only interpret scripture with the unanimous agreement with the fathers. Luther said he soon discovered that the fathers were unanimous in nothing. He was not quite correct as when it came to these prophecies they were more or less unanimous.

Firstly they taught that the temple in Revelation is the church. Did they have scriptural authority for this? Yes. Paul said
1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Ephesians 2:18Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

They taught that the Let and Hindrance in 2 Thess 2 were the Emperor and the Empire. Paul reminded the Thessalonians that "you know", this because when he was with them he told them. The said when they were taken out of the way The Empire would be divided into 10 kingdoms. The from those 10 the man of sin would rise and sit in the temple of God, the church, making himself out to be God. John said antichrists went out from them, the church. The man of sin would overthrow 3 of the horns. Daniel 7.

All this came to pass if you read history.

Joseph Mede, died 1633. Wrote the the Jews were expecting the Messiah to come when he did, but the did not recognise him because they were expecting a messiah of their own imagination.
Likewise the church were expecting the Antichrist to come when he did but didn't recognise him because they were expecting an Antichrist of their own imagination. Sadly, today most Christians do not recognise him because Satan has muddied the waters.

Some of the believers recognized when it was to come because they separated from Rome in the time Sylvester was bishop of Rome. Sylvester must have resonated strongly with them as they still remembered him in their Noble Lesson of about 1160. They recognised the man of sin from about 1200 in their Treatise On Antichrist.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Characteristics
The Little Horn
(Daniel 7)
The Man of Sin
(2 Th 2:3)
The Sea Beast
(Rev. 13)
Woman on Beast
(Rev. 17-18)
Sourcegrows out of the head of the 10 horned fourth beast (Rome)owes his rise to removal of a hindering powercomes from the "sea", meaning many people (densely populated Europe)arises in a city with seven hills (Rome) and rules over many waters (peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues)
Time of Origincomes up among 10 horns (the divided successors of the Pagan Roman Empire)revealed only after the fall of the hindering Pagan Roman Empirereceives power, seat and authority from the Dragon (Satan working through Pagan Rome)arises among the ten horns (divisions of Rome) that will hate her
Religio-political
Church-State
Power
Diverse power, blasphemes God, exercises authority over the saints, changes times and laws of the most highpolitical characteristics not mentioned, but demands and receives worshipcomposite of Daniel's beasts, which are kingdoms, and wear crowns, that demands and receives worshipthe woman is an apostate church - the beast is the power of the state, hence this is a religio-political power having a priest-king ruler
Blasphemous
Presumption
in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things and words against the most highexalts himself above God.has a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies
full of names of blasphemy​
Time of
Dominance
given power over the saints for a time, times and a dividing of times. (1260 years)
---​
given power forty and two months (1260 years)
---​
Warring
against
God's people
made war with the saints and prevailed against them
---​
makes war with the saints and overcomes themthis woman (apostate church) is drunk with the blood of the saints - in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Great Powerlooks more stout than his fellowshas all power, signs and lying wonderswho is able to make war with him?the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
Demands
Divine Homage
sets himself over the saints, times, and laws of the most highsets himself up as God, above all that is worshippedcauses multitudes to worship himthis woman is the apostate "mother" of harlot churches
Endthey shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end (the second coming)the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:cast into the lake of fire
utterly burned with fire​
HISTORICISM

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,666.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Firstly they taught that the temple in Revelation is the church. Did they have scriptural authority for this? Yes. Paul said 1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Ephesians 2:18Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
Thank you for your reply

As you can see, the main point of my message you are replying is about the 10 horns and the little horn. But you focused also about the Temple of GOD, as I highlighted above, and I transcribe the message #185 I posted in Heaven or Earth or where?

The temple are those in which "all 3 persons of the Godhead" dwells. These are the temple. Believe in JESUS, my Lord. He said: If anyone loves me, they will obey me. Then my Father will love them, and we will come to them and live in them.

So, about the Temple, what matters and prevails is the Word of GOD, the Word is GOD-John 1:1-, self-executing. By the way, without JESUS was not made ANY THING that was made. About Temple: 2 Corinthians 6:16 says: ...for ye are the Temple of the living GOD; as GOD hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their GOD, and they shall be my people.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17:

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of GOD, and that the Spirit of GOD-the Word- dwelleth in you?
Be careful
17 If any man defile the Temple of GOD, him shall GOD destroy
; for the temple of GOD is holy, which Temple ye (only true believers) are.

Ephesians 2: 20-22 - CEV
20 You are like a building with the apostles and prophets as the foundation and with Christ as the most important stone. 21 Christ is the one who holds the building together and makes it grow into a holy temple for the Lord. 22 And you are part of that building Christ has built as a place for GOD's own Spirit to live.

Ephesians 2:20-22 - King James Version
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of GOD through the Spirit.

THE WORD IS GOD, self-executing.

John said antichrists went out from them, the church.
The birthplace, or the cradle of Antichrist, was the own Church, unfortunately. Yes, John said the antichrist was born from the church. 1 John 2:18-19:

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Yes, The birthplace, or the cradle of Antichrist, was the own Church, unfortunately, see how.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I also agree that the divided kingdom will be Islam.
The fourth kingdom is Rome. The division into 10 happened in the fifth century. We are still in Europe living in the descendants of those 10 nations. Islam was not part of the Rojan empire.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fourth kingdom is Rome. The division into 10 happened in the fifth century. We are still in Europe living in the descendants of those 10 nations. Islam was not part of the Rojan empire.
God judged those past rulers and they are no more. That is what the great image is about - Gentile RULERSHIP.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The last head, Dan 2 and the 4th beast of Daniel 7 are both Rome. They both last till the Lord's kingdom when the saints take the kingdom. It is still active only in a hidden way.
So, who is doing the killing and beheading now in different places around the world?

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,666.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 7: 2-7

2 Daniel spake and said:
I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the FOUR WINDS OF THE HEAVEN strove upon the GREAT SEA. --> (WHAT IS THE GREAT SEA WHERE THE FOUR WINDS OF THE HEAVEN were ruffling, were stirring up in? By the way, heaven is not sky, I mean it is not the physical space of Universe, of course)

3 And four great BEASTS came up from the sea,
diverse one from another.(SEA or GREAT SEA is EXCLUSIVELLY ALL GENTILE PEOPLES / GENTILE NATIONS)

THE FIRST BEAST -

4 The first was like a lion, ... BABYLON

THE SECOND BEAST

5 And behold another Beast, a second, like to a bear, ... MEDES & PERSIANS

THE THIRD BEAST

6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard,... GREECE

THE FOURTH BEAST - ROMAN EMPIRE - (Later was a divided realm-Daniel 2:40-43-and turned religious)

7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth Beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth:...and it had ten horns.

NOTE:
The first three animals were compared with leopard, bear and lion, all well known.
But what about the fourth? There is not one that compares it with the mentioned characteristics, and it was diverse from all the three Beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns-here there is a clue to identify him.

THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE ABOUT THE FOUR REALMS IS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT, RIGHT?
BUT THEY ARE ALSO DESCRIBED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT: WHERE???

WELL, THEY ARE DESCRIBED IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION CHAPTER 13. If we take a look back we see first the leopard, and after the bear, and after the lion. The fourth Beast is still alive in the current time as is showed in Revelation 13:2 : besides the three first animals described by Daniel, the ten horns is a clue to identify the fourth Beast today:

John saw a Beast rise up out of the sea(a Gentile Beast), having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the Beast which John saw was like unto the three first animals that Daniel also saw, as above cited:

HERE THE ROOTS OF THE GENTILE BEAST OF SEA
- leopard, - Greece
- and his feet were as the feet of a bear, - Medo & Persians
- and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: - BABYLON
- and the dragon-Revelation 13:11-gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums