Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Just watched Mr. Robot. Good show, I love the writing, the music and the fact that most of the technical subjects are reasonably sound which is a first in any TV show ever involving computers.
Never heard of that show.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My anxiety/OCD is getting worse. Especially when I'm driving. The fact that it's going to be snowing soon doesn't help.

I sometimes worry about getting sick so I constantly wash my hands, but after I finish washing them I wonder if I just imagined putting the soap on my hands so I do it again, then after I worry if that I actually never washed my hands and that it was all just in my head. So I put the soap on my hands again and stare at it intensely and then I try to tell myself it's there, then I worry about the soap sliding off my hand and not properly working.

It sounds crazy, but little by little I lose touch of reality, I really worry about it damaging my mind. I'll constantly forget things that happened 5 seconds ago.

The same thing with parking. I'll constantly pull on the door to make sure it's locked and just sit there staring at the handle. It's even worse if there are people nearby, I don't want them thinking I'm a freak. I don't even know why I have so many mental problems. The film The Aviator speaks to me, I honestly could see myself getting that bad someday.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi,

I have anxiety and OCD too. Have you tried therapy? Exposure therapy really helped my OCD.

I'll look into it. How bad is your anxiety and OCD?

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟437,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My anxiety is pretty severe. My OCD is not too bad now that I've had the exposure therapy. Medication is also helping my OCD. I used to over wash and be afraid to touch the faucet but now I do not fear the faucet and don't over wash too often. Do still have a few counting rituals.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My anxiety is pretty severe. My OCD is not too bad now that I've had the exposure therapy. Medication is also helping my OCD. I used to over wash and be afraid to touch the faucet but now I do not fear the faucet and don't over wash too often. Do still have a few counting rituals.

I am sorry to hear that. My last really rough episode was back in 2013, and it lasted about 6 months. Afterwards it left me in an even greater depression that since then I've never fully recovered from.

Although my OCD is a little different, as in I'm not afraid of hurting myself but other people. When I wash my hands I do so because I do not want to spread germs to other people and feel a guilty panic. It is the same for driving. I'm not really worried about myself but accidentally hitting a car. The strange part is while I have high anxiety on the road, when a situation does brew up where a car makes a stupid turn is has a high chance of hitting me my mind automatically enters a very calm state and I can easily swerve away. Moments later is when the fear and anxiety piles in. So at least I have the ability to remain calm when it's most needed.

A lot of the fear stems from the unbearable guilt I felt as a child. While s/m can make it easy for me to attack those I feel have wronged me, it's also makes me very sensitive regarding the pain of other people that I feel have not wronged me and thus I can easily feel heavy guilt that will linger on and on and on.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I browse everydayfeminism from time to time, and while I find some articles problematic concerning an unfair portrayal of men, the website still has some good resources to share. A few weeks ago I stumbled onto this comic, and it's the first time I've seen my form of OCD talked about. Which is kind of shocking and relieving at the same time. People knew I had OCD and I'd talk about it, but I never told them the true nature of it.

ocd-7.jpg

ocd-8.jpg

Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Peace Lizard is wishing you all a wonderful day

e6106066d4fc3e9d6dbabb94f031fab9.jpg

My day was alright. I watched the film Amadeus on Netflix today. Haven't watched the film in years, and still love it. Even if the 3 hour director's cut feels a little lengthy. I actually had no idea about the director's profile, he's directed many films I love like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and The People Vs. Larry Flynt. Gah, it must be a great feeling being an accomplished director. Making touching and poignant films has always been a dream of mine ever since I was young.

Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Saddened to hear the passing of Earl Hamner Jr., the man who created the Waltons who based it on his own real life family.

I was actually shocked to discover he was still alive a few years ago. He certainly has witnessed a lot of changes in the world. May he rest in peace.

Upvote 0