• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

*~*~ THE FRUITCAKE CAFE ~*~* (5)

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by rahma, May 21, 2013.

1. rahma

rahma FUNdamentalist

+478
    Muslim
    Married
    US-Democrat
    This thread was split automatically after 1000 replies and this thread has been automatically created.
    The old thread automatically closed is here: "*~*~ THE FRUITCAKE CAFE ~*~* (4)"

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. awitch

awitch Well-Known Member

+2,535
    United States
    Pagan
    Private
    US-Democrat
    First
    [​IMG]

3. Zoness

Zoness 667, neighbor of the beast Supporter

+1,421
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
    Second??

4. awitch

awitch Well-Known Member

+2,535
    United States
    Pagan
    Private
    US-Democrat
    [​IMG]
    The "Super Moon" over NJ 6/22/2013

Also wishing a happy anniversary to Roger Rabbit, who was framed 25 years ago today.

5. Zoness

+1,421
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
    Heh that moon is awesome because falls on my hometown festival where all of the ...erm... "pride of $HOMETOWN" people come out. I am pretty sure the moon is what brought them out. :p

6. Zoness

+1,421
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
    Watching Texas religious zealots make a mockery of parliamentary procedure on YouTube with Wendy Davis' filibuster makes me rage.

7. Lovely Jar

Lovely Jar Pray Out Loud

+77
    Christian
    Married
    It would be great if a split thread like this gave a brief explanation as to what it was about so that newbies don't have to click links all the way to the beginning thread to find out.

8. Zoness

+1,421
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
    This thread is more or less a venting or chat thread, there is no continual thread of conversation that lasts forever. When the thread was split, the context was obscured a bit.

9. Zoness

+1,421
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
  10. awitch

awitch Well-Known Member

+2,535
    United States
    Pagan
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Anyone following the Right's reaction to the Supreme Court's ruling on DOMA and Pop 8 in California? I think these people have lost the little mind they had left.

11. Zoness

+1,421
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
    I figured it would make me dumber if I followed, so no.

That said, there is a lot of debate in libertarian circles; the general consensus on /r/libertarian is that the government has NO place in marriage period. Most people agree that gay marriage is socially fine, but they disagree with the fact that it requires more government oversight to enforce who can marry whom.

That stuff is interesting, the "JESUS R GON DESTROY U" arguments aren't.

If God is so almighty as to strike civilization down, why hasn't he done it? After all, silence is tacit consent.

12. awitch

awitch Well-Known Member

+2,535
    United States
    Pagan
    Private
    US-Democrat
    They've actually equated the rulings with the Jewish holocaust and the bombing of Pearl Harbor. They're talking about seceding from the Union, hinting at another revolution, and warning that Christians are going to have their citizenship revoked and be fined or thrown in prison. Basically, marriage is dead for heterosexual couples, civilization is collapsing and the disintegration of the US is imminent (again). And these aren't screwball comments on some website, these are prominent Christian political organizations making formal, public responses.

All because SOME (not even all of them) same sex couples will receive marriage benefits.

13. Zoness

+1,421
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
    Weird, I only believed those things were happening when I logged onto MtGox this morning and saw Bitcoin exchange rates against the USD. I about cried.

That said, I'm dating a female...we're heterosexual...our lives haven't changed at all so I think people might be over reacting, to put it lightly.

14. awitch

awitch Well-Known Member

+2,535
    United States
    Pagan
    Private
    US-Democrat
    We all know water parks are fun, but they are also very educational. For example, today I learned how to disprove intelligent design in two words: sun burn.

I'm off to go bathe in some liquid nitrogen.

15. awitch

awitch Well-Known Member

+2,535
    United States
    Pagan
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Look what I found hanging on the wall at Fuddruckers

[​IMG]

That's a [working] merry-go-round in the reflection, not a flying saucer.

16. awitch

awitch Well-Known Member

+2,535
    United States
    Pagan
    Private
    US-Democrat
  17. Zoness

+1,421
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
    Anyone here watch much anime?

18. awitch

awitch Well-Known Member

+2,535
    United States
    Pagan
    Private
    US-Democrat
    I've seen a lot of the classic movies (Akira, Ninja Scroll, etc).

There weren't too many series franchises...by far, my favorite was the first half of the Tenchi Muyo! OVA series and the Tenchi Universe reboot. There were two other reboots and a spin off that I didn't care for. I also used to watch Phantom Quest Corp and Samurai Pizza Cats.

The original American Teen Titans series is sort of like hybrid anime; the style is anime-ish with lots of anime conventions and the theme song was sung by J-Pop band, Puffy Amiyumi.

You can watch many commercial free American cartoons and anime for free here: Watch cartoons online, Watch anime online, English dub anime

19. Eudaimonist

Eudaimonist I believe in life before death!

+2,591
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    Yes, though I'm not watching much at the moment.

When I was a teen, I was heavily in to Space Battleship Yamato, known in its English translation as "Star Blazers". There is a recent reboot of this that I caught part of on youtube, and it has been very good.

In college, I liked various anime that was filtering in to America at the time -- which we watched untranslated. No dubbing or subtitling. We didn't know Japanese. We just loved the visuals and tried to guess at the story. (Only exception: the American dub of Macross known as "Robotech").

In the past decade, I've watched (subtitled) xxxHolic, Naruto, Bleach, Tenchi Muyo, Nana, Paradise Kiss, and plenty of other animes, and (American dubbed) Sailor Moon.

eudaimonia,

Mark

20. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+12,101
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    "Only compared to some"

Cowboy Bebop remains my absolute favorite. Others I've enjoyed...

Planetes
    Blue Seed
    Hellsing
    Ouran Host Club
    Serial Experiments Lain (I enjoyed it even if I didn't understand it)

and yeah, I grew up on Star Blazers and Battle of the Planets (aka Science Ninja Team Gatchaman). Oh, and Ultraman, if we can count some live action.