Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Revelation of Jesus Christ was written around 96 ad. In this book of prophecy John wrote of the first resurection of a select group of people who were killed because they were preaching the gospel of Jesus and testifying of him much like Paul or Peter were killed.

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Now I would like to ask those of you who believe this resurrection of the martyrs has already been fulfilled. Can you point to me any documented proof that these martyrs of Christ has been raised from the dead from 96 ad to the present day?

Reactions: Berean Tim

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation of Jesus Christ was written around 96 ad. In this book of prophecy John wrote of the first resurection of a select group of people who were killed because they were preaching the gospel of Jesus and testifying of him much like Paul or Peter were killed.

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Now I would like to ask those of you who believe this resurrection of the martyrs has already been fulfilled. Can you point to me any documented proof that these martyrs of Christ has been raised from the dead from 96 ad to the present day?
I see this in the passage. Satan is bound by the gospel from deceiving the nations for a symbolic 1000 years = much time. Those whom God resurrects in the New Birth reign with Christ in heaven as the body of Christ for this duration. Some become martyrs. The New Birth is the first resurrection.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I see this in the passage. Satan is bound by the gospel from deceiving the nations for a symbolic 1000 years = much time. Those whom God resurrects in the New Birth reign with Christ in heaven as the body of Christ for this duration. Some become martyrs. The New Birth is the first resurrection.
The verse doesn't mention Satan. It is speaking of people who have been killed for preaching of Jesus.
So you have no documented proof that such a resurection of those who have been killed has taken place?

• Agree
Reactions: Zao is life
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The verse doesn't mention Satan. It is speaking of people who have been killed for preaching of Jesus.
So you have no documented proof that such a resurection of those who have been killed has taken place?
Read the context.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are missing the point. The new birth happens so the already dead human spirit can believe.

So you are saying these people who were killed because they were preaching the gospel were never killed for preaching the gospel?Do you also say Paul and Peter were not killed for preaching the gospel?
That's like saying the verse is a lie is it not?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

it says those who had been beheaded .... also says and includes those who had not worshipped the beast and it's image .... and that hasn't happened yet. This is inclusive of all the saved that get resurrection when Jesus returns ... all the saved are resurrected together from the grave.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it says those who had been beheaded .... also says and includes those who had not worshipped the beast and it's image .... and that hasn't happened yet. This is inclusive of all the saved that get resurrection when Jesus returns ... all the saved are resurrected together from the grave.
You can make it say whatever you like. That's how it works these days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are not reading it inline with the rest of scripture on the matter.

Yes I'm reading it in line. But I'm not going to confuse those who are killed because they were preaching Jesus with Satan. They are not the same.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You can make it say whatever you like. That's how it works these days.
Youve tried to make it say those who were killed, then came back to life were never alive to begin with but your failed to convince me the text was a lie. It still says those who were beheaded for their testimony of Jesus came back to life and it still does.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are interpreting it. Not knowing how other scriptures affect your interpretation.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I'm reading it in line. But I'm not going to confuse those who are killed because they were preaching Jesus with Satan. They are not the same.
You can insist all you want. It does not make it true.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Those who were beheaded could also be those who did not worship the beast or its image.

• Agree
Reactions: Zao is life
Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hades was emptied after the first resurrection. Jesus defeated sin, death, Hades and Satan through his first Advent. The dead in Christ now reign in heaven with Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0