Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Law of faith! Faith and love do not respond to laws. Thou shall have faith or thou shall love do not exist. What about if I can't have faith or I can't love?

Greatest commandments - in the LAW

"Love God with all your heart and soul" Deut 6:5
"Love your neighbor as yourself" Lev 19:18

Faith element in the LAW
Exodus 20:11
"11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy."

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus mentions the gospel going to all the world in the last days and many are familiar with the message of ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved’ but few are familiar with the gospel message of ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ because you have already been saved’. .

Because "making stuff up" is not the same thing as reading the Bible.

Romans 10 is instructive at this point
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.”

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Paul declares that the entire world is under condemnation under the Law in Romans 3:19-20.

Yeah! The entire world, except himself. As he declared that he had been released from the Law, he was no longer under the condemnation of the Law. (Rom.7:6)

Romans 3:19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

That's not what Jesus himself said. Talking about salvation from hell-fire in his parable of the Richman and Lazarus, he said, "We must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. "(Luke 16:29-31)

1. Every mouth. 2. All the world

Except Paul who spoke like the preacher that says, "Do what I say though not what I do, for I am a sinner too." He was a sinner indeed but, somehow, he was immune from the requirements of the Law. Hence, his place for the Law was in his mind only while serving sin in his flesh. (Romans 7:25)

Condemned as sinners by the still-valid still-in-authority Law of God. Law that defines what sin is "for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

The Law does not condemn any one as a sinner but only shows the sins we have committed. The sinners condemn themselves.

What does Paul say about that Law -- in the case of the saints? Abolished???

That's exactly what he meant when he said that Jesus was the end of the Law. (Romans 10:4) If the dead could know what goes on up here on earth, Jesus would turn in his grave.

Let's see.Romans 3:31 "Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law."

Faith establishes nothing. For the Law to be established, we must obey it. Hence, Jesus' words, to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

When Paul argues for KEEPING the 5th Commandment to honor parents - he argues the point out of the fact that it is IN the TEN Commandments - the still valid - still in authority - TEN Commandments kept by the saints as the "FIRST commandment WITH a promise" Ephesians 6:2.

Nevertheless, if you read about his allegory of the widow who got released from the law that obligated her to her husband with his death, we got rid of the Law, he said, with the death of Jesus. (Romans 7:1-7) Probably, you did not know that he meant the Decalogue. Did you? Read verse 7 again. Where is "Thou shall not covet" written if not in the Decalogue? So, he meant to have been released from the Decalogue.

Thus as Paul says in 1 Corinthians 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God".

Year! But he meant all the rest of us, not he. He had been released from the Law; don't foreget it!

Romans 8:4-10 Paul makes the case that it is only the lost, the wicked that "Do not subject themselves to the LAW of God - and indeed CAN not"

Yeah, he meant only the lost and the wicked among his listeners. He was not of the common people. He was extraordinary. Hence Dostoevsky probably copied from him the inspiration to write his book "Crime and Punishment."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

Faith element in the LAW Exodus 20:11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy."

I think I have said this before. Love does not respond to laws. Love is an emotion and emotions don't walk hand-in-hand with the the Law. The above from Deut. 6:5 and Lev. 19:18 is an euphemism to embellish the importance of love and to mean that it points to the knowledge of HaShem. Hence, to know HaShem is the beginning of wisdom. (Proverbs 1:7) And for loving another as we love ourselves it is entirely impossible.

Creation based on the six-day cycle of the week is only the Jewish way to establish the commandment of the Shabbat. HaShem would not need six days to create the earth. He could have created the whole of the Universe in a lapse of the time that is claimed by the Scientists which took the "Singularity" to perform the "bing bang."

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think I have said this before. Love does not respond to laws. Love is an emotion and emotions don't walk hand-in-hand with the the Law.
Not necessarily true... look at the laws we abide by such as speeding. You can either 1) obey the law because of fear of getting caught and the consequences that entails, 2) disobey the law, or 3) keep the law because you realize the purpose is to keep us and those around us safe and because you love your fellow souls on the road, you obey the law for loves sake so no one gets hurt.

Another... adultery falls under the same precept... I can choose not sleep with another woman because I'm 1) afraid of what would happen if I get caught, I can 2) disregard the law and do it regardless of how it affects my wife, or 3) I can not do it because I love my wife and realize the damage that it would do to our relationship.

Love is involved in everything... God is love and He is everything.

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Not necessarily true... look at the laws we abide by such as speeding. You can either 1) obey the law because of fear of getting caught and the consequences that entails, 2) disobey the law, or 3) keep the law because you realize the purpose is to keep us and those around us safe and because you love your fellow souls on the road, you obey the law for loves sake so no one gets hurt.

Another... adultery falls under the same precept... I can choose not sleep with another woman because I'm 1) afraid of what would happen if I get caught, I can 2) disregard the law and do it regardless of how it affects my wife, or 3) I can not do it because I love my wife and realize the damage that it would do to our relationship.

Love is involved in everything... God is love and He is everything.

You did not understand the point. Again, a) No one loves because the law says "Thou shall love;" and b) No one can love another as he loves himself because it says, "Thou shall..." Love has to happen to be used to express a feeling we have for another.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Law of faith! Faith and love do not respond to laws. Thou shall have faith or thou shall love do not exist. What about if I can't have faith or I can't love?

Faith element in the LAW
Exodus 20:11
"11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy."

I think I have said this before. Love does not respond to laws. Love is an emotion and emotions don't walk hand-in-hand with the the Law.

As pointed out above - the LAW commands love. Love is a motivator -- it motivates to action. Action is either in harmony with Law or opposed to it.

The above from Deut. 6:5 and Lev. 19:18 is an euphemism to embellish the importance of love

It is not a euphemism.

Matthew 22
34 But when the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered themselves together. 35 One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”

Even the non-Christian Jews admitted to this

Luke 10
25 And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this and you will live.” 29 But wishing to justify himself, he said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

By contrast - euphemism is -
"a mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing."

Neither the Lawyers, or Christ or any other Jews considered the Law to be "too unpleasant or embarrassing" -- rather they were looking for the foundation principle upon which all the law rests. And they both agreed as to what that is.

And for loving another as we love ourselves it is entirely impossible.

Keeping the Sabbath holy is "impossible" for the lost - because one would have to be holy - to keep it holy. Like loving your neighbor -- obedience is only possible in the power of God.

Creation based on the six-day cycle of the week is only the Jewish way to establish the commandment of the Shabbat. HaShem would not need six days to create the earth.

The Tanakh does not say that "God needed 6 days" -- it says he took it.

He did not "need dust" to create man - he took it.

He did not "need" to create Adam first and then Eve - he chose to do it that way.

He did not "need" to write the Ten Commandments on stone at Sinai -- He chose to do it.

He did not "need" to destroy the life on earth with a flood - he chose that method.

He could have created the whole of the Universe in a lapse of the time that is claimed by the Scientists which took the "Singularity" to perform the "bing bang."

Well first of all - remember this - nothing prevents the universe from expanding faster than the speed of light in the past and at this very moment - because it is the expansion of space-time itself -- not simply expansion inside a static space-time framework.

Indeed - he "Could" have done it any way he chose - but we are blessed by the fact that He tells us the method that He chose in the Tanakh.

Psalms 33
6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
And by the breath of His mouth all their host.
7 He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap;
He lays up the deeps in storehouses.
8 Let all the earth fear the Lord;
Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.
9 For He spoke, and it was done;
He commanded, and it stood fast.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The historic account of creation, the flood, the call of Abraham, the destruction of Sodom, the exodus -- of it is trustworthy. - Miracles and all --

Genesis 1
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.” 21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23 So the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Exodus 20:11.
11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The historic account of creation, the flood, the call of Abraham, the destruction of Sodom, the exodus -- of it is trustworthy. - Miracles and all --

Genesis 1
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 So the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 Then God said, “Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens.” 21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23 So the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Exodus 20:11.
11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed

Why are we contending with someone that blatantly denies Jesus is the Son of God?

It's interesting to me that Shibolet can post whatever denial of Christ he wants to, and there is nothing said from the members on here that would be all over you or I if we somehow even suggested, that Jesus was not divine.

Ahh, the double standard for the Jews... they are supposed to receive our unquestioned support but yet they deny the Saviour? Do we do that for anyone else? No...

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Why are we contending with someone that blatantly denies Jesus is the Son of God?

It's interesting to me that Shibolet can post whatever denial of Christ he wants to, and there is nothing said from the members on here that would be all over you or I if we somehow even suggested, that Jesus was not divine.

Ahh, the double standard for the Jews... they are supposed to receive our unquestioned support but yet they deny the Saviour? Do we do that for anyone else? No...

You are totally wrong ECR, I have never denied that Jesus was the son of God. He was a Jew and all Jews are part of the People of Israel whom HaShem declared, "Israel is My Son." if you read Exodus 4:22,23.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

BobRyan, a miracle by definition is something beyond the power of man to perform but, HaShem cannot be compared to a man. (Isaiah 46:5) What could be a miracle to the Creator of the Universe? The great Philosopher Baruch de Spinoza said in his book, "Tratactus Philosophico Politico that to attribute miracles to HaShem is to debase Him down to the level of man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are totally wrong ECR, I have never denied that Jesus was the son of God. He was a Jew and all Jews are part of the People of Israel whom HaShem declared, "Israel is My Son." if you read Exodus 4:22,23.
Quit playing semantics... you deny that Jesus is God. You are no better than the Muslims in this regard.

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Quit playing semantics... you deny that Jesus is God. You are no better than the Muslims in this regard.

That's entirely something else. Again, Jesus was a Jew and a Jew cannot be God. (Isaiah 46:5) Why have I denied that Jesus was God and still do? Because to consider a man to be God is of the pagans not of the Jews.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's entirely something else. Again, Jesus was a Jew and a Jew cannot be God. (Isaiah 46:5) Why have I denied that Jesus was God and still do? Because to consider a man to be God is of the pagans not of the Jews.
And because of your unbelief in the fulfillment of your own prophets, your house has been left desolate.

Tell us... if the Messiah wasn't to be from the tribe of Judah then who do you think the prophets were pointing to?

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
And because of your unbelief in the fulfillment of your own prophets, your house has been left desolate.

Tell us... if the Messiah wasn't to be from the tribe of Judah then who do you think the prophets were pointing to?

Who has ever told you that I don't believe in the words of our prophets? I do!
They say that no one can die for the sins of another and I believe what they say. (Jeremiah 31:30; Ezekiel 18:3,20)

Again, when have I ever said here that the Messiah is not from the Tribe of Judah? One thing I tell you, the prophets never prophesied any thing that pointed to Jesus. You see it that way because you can't think without Christian preconceived notions. Now, if you read II Timothy 2:8, Paul was the one who claimed Jesus to be from the lineage of David. Nothing to do with the Prophets of the Most High.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
After you are saved...

We start our walk with Christ by faith we grow by faith and if we are faithful we will be sealed by faith. There is nothing you can do to save yourself because it was finished 2000 years ago. The heretical 1844 doctrine that adds to the finished work of Christ on the cross is heresy of the highest order. Jesus is our great high priest in heaven and the blood that is offered is his own. He will never go to the cross again so it is finished. Ellen White never figured that out - Christ ministers in the heavenly sanctuary with the merits of his own finished work of atonement.

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2011
✟17,405.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. bump for SDA who are trying to finish the already finished work of Christ. Praise Jesus!!!

Bloodygrace, if you had studied the earthly sanctuary services more carefully you would not be saying this. There was no atonement made until after the blood of the slain lamb was taken beyond the first veil and then sprinkled. The slaying of the lamb was not the atonement but the condition of the atonement. Not until the priest sprinkled the blood beyond the first veil was there atonement made. This went on every day of the year until the High Priest went into the most holy place to make the final atonement.

After His ascension Christ entered the holy place to begin the work of atonement which consisted in pleading the merits of His shed blood (Rom.3:25) in behalf of all but especially in behalf of those who believe, those who appropriate His merits to themselves on a daily basis. This is the daily atonement.

In 1844, at the end of the 2,300 day prophecy, Christ entered the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary to make the final atonement but this involved a work of examination of character beginning with those who from Adam until that time had professed to believe in Christ. This was to be followed by the investigative judgment of the living. Sadly this work had to be delayed because the people of God refused to co-operate with God in finishing the work upon the earth. The church then fell into the Laodicean condition and has been in that condition ever since.

One must study the parable of Matt.22 in order to understand where we now are in the unrolling of the prophetic scroll. This parable/prophecy reveals that two calls are made to the bidden ones, in this case, Seventh-day Adventists.

The first call came between 1888 and 1901. The call was rejected as predicted in the parable. The rejection of the first call does not bring the church to the point of no return but the rejection of the second call does. By the stoning of Stephen the Jewish Church sealed her rejection of God's mercy. This took place at the end of the second call of the parable. The bearers of the message were forced to turn to the Gentiles as represented by the third call of the parable.

Today the rejection of the second call by the church will be followed by the third call of the parable which is the loud cry to the world. We are now living in the time of the second call as again the people are invited to appropriate the merits of Jesus to themselves in order to be clothed with the robe of His righteousness and His righteousness is made manifest in obedience to all the commandments of God.

This is the time of "added probation" for the professed people of God to make their election sure by looking unto Jesus and trusting wholly in the merits of His shed blood that the Holy Spirit may be imparted to them that He may work in them both to will and to do God's good pleasure. (Rom.3:25; 5:5; Phil.3:9; 2:13; Gal.5:6; Rom.13:10).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
We start our walk with Christ by faith we grow by faith and if we are faithful we will be sealed by faith. There is nothing you can do to save yourself because it was finished 2000 years ago. The heretical 1844 doctrine that adds to the finished work of Christ on the cross is heresy of the highest order. Jesus is our great high priest in heaven and the blood that is offered is his own. He will never go to the cross again so it is finished. Ellen White never figured that out - Christ ministers in the heavenly sanctuary with the merits of his own finished work of atonement.

Our salvation is from sin, and sin is defined as the transgression of the Mosaic Law (1 John 3:4), so being trained by grace to do what is Lawful and to refrain from doing what is Lawless is an essential part of what our salvation is, not adding to our salvation (Titus 2:11). Christ gave himself to redeem us from all Lawless and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, which again is doing what is Lawful (Titus 2:14, Acts 21:20). We can't be saved from sin without it involving us repenting from our sins and turning back to obedience. We can't have faith in God to guide us in how we should live while not submitting to His guidance through His Law.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We start our walk with Christ by faith we grow by faith and if we are faithful we will be sealed by faith. There is nothing you can do to save yourself because it was finished 2000 years ago.

Until you read Romans 10:9-10 where we see how Salvation actually enters into the life of a person.

Romans 10:9
if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

The heretical 1844 doctrine

Until you read Romans 2:14-6 and Daniel 7:9-10 where that doctrine on judgment is spelled-out for all to see.

It is a doctrine that adds nothing to the finished work of Christ on the Christ - and also denies nothing about the continued work of Christ in heaven as our High Priest.

As we all know - by now.

We also know that Ellen White did not write Daniel 7, or Romans 2 or Leviticus 16.

So then - details in real life matter -- as I am sure we all can agree at this point.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Bloodygrace, if you had studied the earthly sanctuary services more carefully you would not be saying this. There was no atonement made until after the blood of the slain lamb was taken beyond the first veil and then sprinkled. The slaying of the lamb was not the atonement but the condition of the atonement. Not until the priest sprinkled the blood beyond the first veil was there atonement made. This went on every day of the year until the High Priest went into the most holy place to make the final atonement.

After His ascension Christ entered the holy place to begin the work of atonement which consisted in pleading the merits of His shed blood (Rom.3:25) in behalf of all but especially in behalf of those who believe, those who appropriate His merits to themselves on a daily basis. This is the daily atonement.

In 1844, at the end of the 2,300 day prophecy, Christ entered the most holy place of the heavenly sanctuary to make the final atonement but this involved a work of examination of character beginning with those who from Adam until that time had professed to believe in Christ. This was to be followed by the investigative judgment of the living. Sadly this work had to be delayed because the people of God refused to co-operate with God in finishing the work upon the earth. The church then fell into the Laodicean condition and has been in that condition ever since.

One must study the parable of Matt.22 in order to understand where we now are in the unrolling of the prophetic scroll. This parable/prophecy reveals that two calls are made to the bidden ones, in this case, Seventh-day Adventists.

The first call came between 1888 and 1901. The call was rejected as predicted in the parable. The rejection of the first call does not bring the church to the point of no return but the rejection of the second call does. By the stoning of Stephen the Jewish Church sealed her rejection of God's mercy. This took place at the end of the second call of the parable. The bearers of the message were forced to turn to the Gentiles as represented by the third call of the parable.

Today the rejection of the second call by the church will be followed by the third call of the parable which is the loud cry to the world. We are now living in the time of the second call as again the people are invited to appropriate the merits of Jesus to themselves in order to be clothed with the robe of His righteousness and His righteousness is made manifest in obedience to all the commandments of God.

This is the time of "added probation" for the professed people of God to make their election sure by looking unto Jesus and trusting wholly in the merits of His shed blood that the Holy Spirit may be imparted to them that He may work in them both to will and to do God's good pleasure. (Rom.3:25; 5:5; Phil.3:9; 2:13; Gal.5:6; Rom.13:10).

Any blood that was offeredwas

Any blood that was offered or used on the day of atonement was from an animal that was slain indicating that Christ's sacrificial death is the basis for any cleansing. In layman's terms the finished work of Christ is what cleanses the most holy. The day of atonement does not add anything it merely uses what was already accomplished.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.