The finished work of Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Joseph Prince could beat him hands down.
Why? Because he agrees with you?

BTW - I have looked at his site and a few others about him. He teaches that someone can be saved but not truly repent. That is a total lie.

You will find repentance a prime teaching of Derek.

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2011
✟17,405.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
He teaches the finished work of Christ which means Christ saved us before we repented.
It is true that God chose us in Christ even before the foundation of the world, before we had any choice to do anything. (Eph.1:4) But Unless we appropriate Christ's merits to ourselves by claiming them, we cannot benefit from the plan of redemption for the Father receives us unto Himself only as day by day we come to Him just as we are, sinful, helpless dependent, trusting wholly in the merits of the blood shed for us upon Calvary's cross. (Rom.3:25) Then we receive the gift of the grace of the Holy Spirit which works in us both to will and to do God's good pleasure (Rom.5:5; Phil.2:13; Gal.5:6) as it is expressed in the precepts of His holy law. To look to Jesus and to accept His merits which it is our privilege to claim is our life business. Unless we do this we cannot be saved.

Upvote 0
Nov 15, 2011
✟17,405.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
bloodygrace said: Thank you. bump for SDA who are trying to finish the already finished work of Christ. Praise Jesus!!!

It is true that on the cross Jesus said, "It is finished." What was finished? The condition of the atonement was complete. Christ's sacrifice was
accepted of the Father. Christ's offering was perfect and complete but the work of redemption in the soul is an on-going work. It is never finished until the corn of Christ's character is in the ear, until His character is fully formed within. (Mark 4:26-29). When this work shall have been completed in the lives of His people, the Lord will return to claim them as His own. This work cannot be completed without the latter rain and that is why we have been admonished to pray for the latter rain. (Hosea 6:3; Joel 2:23) During the latter rain and loud cry (Rev.18:1-5) the people of God will grow up into Christ until they reach Christian perfection. Then the great final test will come which will separate the wise from the foolish and the destiny of each class will be forever fixed. This is followed by the close of human probation and the time of Jacob's trouble. (Jer.30:7).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It is true that God chose us in Christ even before the foundation of the world, before we had any choice to do anything. (Eph.1:4) But Unless we appropriate Christ's merits to ourselves by claiming them, we cannot benefit from the plan of redemption for the Father receives us unto Himself only as day by day we come to Him just as we are, sinful, helpless dependent, trusting wholly in the merits of the blood shed for us upon Calvary's cross. (Rom.3:25) Then we receive the gift of the grace of the Holy Spirit which works in us both to will and to do God's good pleasure (Rom.5:5; Phil.2:13; Gal.5:6) as it is expressed in the precepts of His holy law. To look to Jesus and to accept His merits which it is our privilege to claim is our life business. Unless we do this we cannot be saved.

So I have to do something in order to be saved, is that your position?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Mosaic law is not spiritual. Paul call the Mosaic law the law of sin and death. The spiritual law is written in the heart not tables of stone.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Rom. 8:2
It is nice to read someone who is lead by God's Spirit and not the spirit of the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

1Corinthians 13:2 - agape
Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 6:1-2-
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
1 John 2:24-
Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
Mathew 13:41-42-
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mathew 7:15-23-
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Do you STILL not know what iniquity is? LAWLESSNESS .
You have spent some time listening to someone. Your zest for Jesus shows that you have. That part is a good thing. The part that comes into question is WHAT you've listened to and what you've come to believe. There's just one irrefutable fact: SOMEONE LIED TO YOU and led you down a road riddled with untruth. You don't have to continue down this road. The FRUITS Jesus is talking about on MORE than one occasion are fruits meet for repentance. HE COMMANDS us to Be ye perfect, even as your Father which in heaven is perfect. Like I said, you are zealous in your speaking and that can be a good thing IF you put forth such efforts to something that is true. So many of these popular TV preachers are so popular because they teach an easy road. One in which you can do as you please and still enter the kingdom of God. They are NOT concerned about your salvation. They do it for money! Their bellies are their only God. Do you think they'd be stinking rich and on TV if they told you to tighten up or you'll fry? NO, they teach what you WANT to hear. It's NOT a burden to follow the laws of God if you completely submit to Him. The Holy Spirit will help you to understand that and take the desires of this world away. It won't be anything that you do as far as struggling with things once you submit and obey. The Spirit takes over and makes it so that you can see it. Everyone on here has already told you, showed you in scripture and more. Even the traditional protestant guys, but YOU ain't trying to hear it. Well, it wasn't from a lack of trying. Good luck in your endeavors. You're gonna need it. Peace

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
After you are saved...

We start our walk with Christ by faith, we grow by faith and if we are faithful until death we will receive a crown of life......from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith (Rom. 1:17)

Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Romans 6:1-2-
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
1 John 2:24-
Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
Mathew 13:41-42-
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mathew 7:15-23-
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Do you STILL not know what iniquity is? LAWLESSNESS .
You have spent some time listening to someone. Your zest for Jesus shows that you have. That part is a good thing. The part that comes into question is WHAT you've listened to and what you've come to believe. There's just one irrefutable fact: SOMEONE LIED TO YOU and led you down a road riddled with untruth. You don't have to continue down this road. The FRUITS Jesus is talking about on MORE than one occasion are fruits meet for repentance. HE COMMANDS us to Be ye perfect, even as your Father which in heaven is perfect. Like I said, you are zealous in your speaking and that can be a good thing IF you put forth such efforts to something that is true. So many of these popular TV preachers are so popular because they teach an easy road. One in which you can do as you please and still enter the kingdom of God. They are NOT concerned about your salvation. They do it for money! Their bellies are their only God. Do you think they'd be stinking rich and on TV if they told you to tighten up or you'll fry? NO, they teach what you WANT to hear. It's NOT a burden to follow the laws of God if you completely submit to Him. The Holy Spirit will help you to understand that and take the desires of this world away. It won't be anything that you do as far as struggling with things once you submit and obey. The Spirit takes over and makes it so that you can see it. Everyone on here has already told you, showed you in scripture and more. Even the traditional protestant guys, but YOU ain't trying to hear it. Well, it wasn't from a lack of trying. Good luck in your endeavors. You're gonna need it. Peace

Continuing in sin is continuing a life of unbelief in Christ and his promises. Sin is unbelief and all our bad deeds are the results of sin.

Upvote 0

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sin is transgression of the law. Anywhere, anytime, in any corner of the universe. You know that. Jesus warned over n over- you still can't sin and beware of the deceptions telling you any thing different from what he says. So simple, even a child can understand. Every single one of us have missed that point at one time, even many more points. What makes us grow in Christ is realizing our mistakes and moving on - toward perfection in Him. Will we ever get there? Not completely,Id say, but it's about trying, not denying. A sociopath believes that the rules apply to everyone but him. A fool believes there aren't any rules. Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabbathkeeper&Wife

Sep 7, 2016
Chattanooga
✟20,453.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please show the verses. The one I recall said "Sin is transgression of the law" PERIOD , and then HUNDREDS confirming such.
All the verses I've posted on your behalf are cut n dried. That's means that they are IMPOSSIBLE to be taken out of context NOR masked over with lies. In fact, MOST come right of of Jesus' own mouth. Do you think it's possible that the writers and translators might have mis-translated the entire Bible to make you right? Here are a few more. Have you read ANY of the ones that myself and ALL the other people cut and pasted out of the INFALLIBLE WORD OF GOD? The neat thing about scripture is that it's not at all possible that it can contradict itself, because it's PERFECT like the Creator that inspired it. In other, simple, words- If you have....let's say for example- 25 verses from Jesus (or any other prophet or apostle) that say you have to be obedient and not commit iniquity, but then you run into a questionable verse that you hang your entire salvation on that makes you THINK that faith alone with total disregard to obedience AND repentance AND rebuking iniquity cancels out ALL the other direct statements and totally excuse you from any responsibility toward the other 25, then you are reading the one verse wrong, listening to a false teacher, decieving yourself, disregarding the inspired WORD of God or ALL THE ABOVE. I humbly await your posting of these verses and how they contradict ALL THE OTHERS. Peace

Mathew 5:16-18-
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
He teaches the finished work of Christ which means Christ saved us before we repented.

Well Bloodgrace, I also read the NT and I have come to the understanding that this idea is not in the gospel of Jesus. He rather said that, to acquire salvation, one must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) Then, according to Isaiah 1:18,19, to set things right with HaShem so that our sins, from scarlet red become as white as snow, we must repent, effect restoration in case we defaulted our neighbor, and return to the obedience of God's Law.This that Jesus saved us before we repented is a delusion bordering on insanity. Besides, if you read Ecclesiastes 9:5,6, Jesus is no longer in the condition to save any one else. If you wanna know why, read the text, please!

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Sin is a transgression of the law of faith or the law of the Spirit. Have you ever heard of those laws?

Law of faith! Faith and love do not respond to laws. Thou shall have faith or thou shall love do not exist. What about if I can't have faith or I can't love?
Faith and love come as a result of knowledge. To know yes, is under the Law. So, "Thou shall know as much as you can is the best alibi for faith and love to set in. Once a young lady said to a preacher, "I love you." The preacher said back, "How can you love me if you hardly know me?" No wonder, knowledge is the beginning of love. (Proverbs 1:7) If you wanna know what love is try to evaluate how much you know of the beloved. Otherwise, it is only infatuation

Upvote 0

Shibolet

Dec 24, 2016
Israel
✟12,940.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Sin is transgression of the law. Anywhere, anytime, in any corner of the universe. You know that. Jesus warned over n over- you still can't sin and beware of the deceptions telling you any thing different from what he says. So simple, even a child can understand. Every single one of us have missed that point at one time, even many more points. What makes us grow in Christ is realizing our mistakes and moving on - toward perfection in Him. Will we ever get there? Not completely,Id say, but it's about trying, not denying. A sociopath believes that the rules apply to everyone but him. A fool believes there aren't any rules. Peace

Good! If sin is the transgression of the Law, we are all under the Law because there is not a single man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned. (Ecclesiastes 7:20) Therefore, we are all under the Law. Only Paul dared to state that he had been released from the Law with the death of Jesus. (Romans 7:6) Even Jesus himself ignored to have been the cause for someone to say he had been released from the Law when Jesus himself declared that to achieved salvation, we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law, if you read Luke 16:29-31.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Good! If sin is the transgression of the Law, we are all under the Law because there is not a single man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned. (Ecclesiastes 7:20) Therefore, we are all under the Law. Only Paul dared to state that he had been released from the Law with the death of Jesus. (Romans 7:6) Even Jesus ignored to have been the cause for one to declared he had been released from the Law when Jesus declared that to achieved salvation, we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law.(Luke 16:29-31)

Paul declares that the entire world is under condemnation under the Law in Romans 3:19-20.

Romans 3
19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

1. Every mouth.
2. All the world

Condemned as sinners by the still-valid still-in-authority Law of God

Law that defines what sin is "for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin"

1 John 3:4 "SIN IS transgression of the LAW"

What does Paul say about that Law -- in the case of the saints? Abolished???

Let's see.

Romans 3
31 "Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law."

When Paul argues for KEEPING the 5th Commandment to honor parents - he argues the point out of the fact that it is IN the TEN Commandments - the still valid - still in authority - TEN Commandments kept by the saints as the "FIRST commandment WITH a promise" Ephesians 6:2

Thus as Paul says in 1 Corinthians 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"

Romans 8:4-10 Paul makes the case that it is only the lost, the wicked that "Do not subject themselves to the LAW of God - and indeed CAN not"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.