Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I didn't mean this in terms of Church relations.. just that the Orthodox have way more in common with Catholics than any other faith or especially atheism

My family is Russian... they grew up without any faith at all. There were Russians who kept their faith but they were few..

no, conservative Anglicans, the Orientals, and Methodists are far closer than Rome

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart isn't referring to Russians having this devotion except as a possible eventual result, someday. The Consecration means simply that the Pope would say a prayer entrusting Russia to Our Blessed Mother. That is what the word consecration means in context....A prayer the Pope and Bishops would say that would bring graces to Russia to end it's errors which is Communism...

Our Lady also said the errors would spread.. And Communism did spread even in more hidden ways such as the liberalism in North America. I read how Communists also legalized abortion and now it's everywhere

Our Lady also said in Fatima there would be WW2 if people don't turn to God and even prophecied the time it would begin and that it would be worse than ww1 ...and the mysterious red light that appeared shortly before that even Hitler noticed and at that point he made a decision that lead to the war

except that Russia never lost the Mother's protection. there was no need to have the Pope to pray for something the faithful never lost

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Again I'm not speaking of Church relations... my point is something else.
Neither am I.
I do believe eventually Russia would be in union with Rome...
I honestly don't see Rome ever becoming Orthodox, so no, Russia will never be in union with Rome.

Upvote 0