The Father IS God, the Son IS God and the Holy Spirit IS God. How many Gods are there? ONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the Living God you are speaking of, the Creator of all things. . . and you never though it worthwhile to "pay much attention", and you refer to the Godhead as the "Trinity thing"???

Christians are commanded to love God with all of their heart, strength and mind. They also grow in Christ through the "renewing of their minds"; however, from where I sit, most Christians don't exercise their gray matter nearly enough, and some, not at all.
Christians are commanded to love YHWH with all of their heart soul and strength. This is one identity for one Being.

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are dead wrong. I've never met anyone claiming to be a Christian who denies the deity of Christ, and I asked every question sincerely. Answer or not. That's your choice, but please don't call me a liar.
Nothead does. Go ahead, make his day. He has a canon I mean Dirty Harry Cannon for you, ifn he can get it out his holster that is.

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Understood. That makes sense. I get it now.

By the way, I didn't tell you that you "couldn't".

My post:

If you are not a Trinitarian Kenny, then you do not agree with the Nicene Creed. That creed is the standard by which CF says that you are a Christian or not. It the litmus test. In other words, if you are not a Trinitarian you should not (according to the rules here) list yourself as a Christian or post in "Christian Only" forums, like this one.​

BOOL puckey. Nicene Creed stinks to high heaven. Nothead said it. Nothead stands by it.

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one here said that you weren't a Christian. I didn't see it anyway. CF has the following list of groups that they consider Christian and non-Christian:

Christian Forums provides two primary faith group categories, Christian and non-Christian.

Christian Faith Groups:
The first group is for is Christian members and includes both Nicene and non-Nicene Christians.

Non-Christian Faith Groups:
This second group is for non-Christian members.
Should you find your group is not listed, please seek help from us in adding your group to the list.

Distinction between a Christian and non-Christian faiths:
Faith groups that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation whereby He, as God, took on human flesh (becoming fully God, fully man in one person), are considered non-Christians at CF.

Faith groups that do not believe in the deity of Christ may not post in Christian Only forums. Faith groups that accept the deity of Christ as defined above, yet disagree with some other points in the Nicene Creed, would be defined as non-Nicene Christians. Members who accept the Nicene Creed as defined in CF's Statement of Faith would be defined as Nicene Christians.

Christian

Nicene (Orthodox):

Anabaptist
Anglican
Apostolic
Baptist
Calvary-Chapel
Calvinist
Catholic
Celtic-Catholic
Charismatic
Generic Orthodox Christian
Christian Church Seeker
Eastern-Orthodox
Lutheran
Messianic
Methodist
Nazarene
Non-Denominational
Oriental-Orthodox
Pentecostal
Presbyterian
Protestant
Salvation Army
Seventh-Day Adventist
United-Church-of-Canada
United Church of Christ
Utrecht
Wesleyan
Word-Of-Faith

Non-Nicene (Unorthodox):

Non-Trinitarian-Messianic
Oneness
Other Church-Unorthodox

Non-Christian

Agnostic
Atheist
Baha'i
Buddhist
Deist
Hindu
Humanist
Ignostic
Jehovahs-Witness
Judaism
Mormon
Muslim
Other-Religion
Pagan
Pantheist
Seeker
Shinto
Taoist
Unitarian

Since when is the status quo HERE constitute God's Authority?

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks ewq, I might read up and see how things are flowing and post. I'm just afraid any debate for me here, or actually as these things tend to go for many, the same disagreement that was there from the start will still be there at the finish, so what's the point.
Point is, a child of the Living God asks why and wherefore.

And he keeps at it until he gets an answer, in his heart.

He knows the answer is correct since he feels an abiding peace. All things become cohesive and settled.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey dude, head up.

Put your head up. I like this post and may you be blessed.

TU, Nothead...head back up, and off to the races again...the same race.

Like what you are saying as well. We all have different opinions of the Bible and one might think my side is just as outrageous as I think theirs to be, but that doesn't bother me, especially since neither side of this is written in stone...far from it. However, when the site takes the stance one is not a Christian unless they believe that which we may see as outrageous...that bothers me a lot....a whole lot. Still stunned as a matter of fact.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He knows the answer is correct since he feels an abiding peace. All things become cohesive and settled.

And it's just funny to me that I have been settled with my thoughts on this for so long, without even considering this other side that was all but unbeknownst to me and suddenly I find, in affect I'm believed to be a fake.

Still so glad I stayed away from the think tanks that decide this type thing and feel much cleaner for it..

Won't happen here, but talk about the things that could make one lose faith...wow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Brian, I would submit that many here don't adhere to the Nicene Creed. In these trinity discussions most argue that there is one God and "HE" consists of three persons. That is not what the Nicene Creed says, that is the Athanasian Creed which was about 125 years later. It rings of Augustinian theology, not Nicene theology.
Good point. Plus they don't realize there is more than one version of the Creed. An early one which just mentioned the Holy Spirit. Then, centuries later, a revised one, which has the section we now have on the Spirit. They also fail to note the revised Creed really never comes out and says the Spirit is God, never says it is the "very God of very God." Also, in the Western version there is the filoque, the statement that the Spirit precedes from the Father and the Son. In the Eastern version, that statement is omitted, with the Spirit just proceeding from the Father.

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
TU, Nothead...head back up, and off to the races again...the same race.

Like what you are saying as well. We all have different opinions of the Bible and one might think my side is just as outrageous as I think theirs to be, but that doesn't bother me, especially since neither side of this is written in stone...far from it. However, when the site takes the stance one is not a Christian unless they believe that which we may see as outrageous...that bothers me a lot....a whole lot. Still stunned as a matter of fact.

Hey the Remnant of God ain't the majority status quo. God says this over and over. It are the unique free thinkers who will Reform the Many. Go for it. Majority Christian opinions are pretty dufus to me, sir.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Brian, I would submit that many here don't adhere to the Nicene Creed. In these trinity discussions most argue that there is one God and "HE" consists of three persons. That is not what the Nicene Creed says, that is the Athanasian Creed which was about 125 years later. It rings of Augustinian theology, not Nicene theology.

The Nicene Creed is the one that CF (not me) uses as a litmus test of orthodoxy, so it looks like, by what you just said, that maybe you should not be posting in a "Christians Only" sub-forum.

What one holds about the deity of Jesus is what the rules of CF is concerned with. Here are (some of) the rules:

Faith groups [one's church/denomination or theological stance] that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation whereby He, as God, took on human flesh (becoming fully God and fully man in one person), are considered non-Christians at CF.

Posts that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation are considered non-Christian theology and are not allowed in "Christians Only" forums.

Discussions in all "Christians Only" forums must be in alignment with Trinitarian beliefs.

Non-Nicene unorthodox Christian topics may only be discussed in the Controversial Theology forum.

Non-Trinitarianism may only be discussed in the Christianity & World Religion forum and the Debate Non-Christian Religions forum.

The Controversial Theology forum is open to Christian members only
I have not reported anyone to this point, but I will report any postings here or in other threads by members who, by their own admission and according to the rules, should not be posting in a "Christian Only" sub-forum. Here is more info from CF:

Christian Forums provides two primary faith group categories, Christian and non-Christian.

Christian Faith Groups:
The first group is for is Christian members and includes both Nicene and non-Nicene Christians.

Non-Christian Faith Groups:
This second group is for non-Christian members.
Should you find your group is not listed, please seek help from us in adding your group to the list.

Distinction between a Christian and non-Christian faiths:
Faith groups that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation whereby He, as God, took on human flesh (becoming fully God, fully man in one person), are considered non-Christians at CF.

Faith groups that do not believe in the deity of Christ may not post in Christian Only forums. Faith groups that accept the deity of Christ as defined above, yet disagree with some other points in the Nicene Creed, would be defined as non-Nicene Christians. Members who accept the Nicene Creed as defined in CF's Statement of Faith would be defined as Nicene Christians.

Christian

Nicene (Orthodox):

Anabaptist
Anglican
Apostolic
Baptist
Calvary-Chapel
Calvinist
Catholic
Celtic-Catholic
Charismatic
Generic Orthodox Christian
Christian Church Seeker
Eastern-Orthodox
Lutheran
Messianic
Methodist
Nazarene
Non-Denominational
Oriental-Orthodox
Pentecostal
Presbyterian
Protestant
Salvation Army
Seventh-Day Adventist
United-Church-of-Canada
United Church of Christ
Utrecht
Wesleyan
Word-Of-Faith

Non-Nicene (Unorthodox):

Non-Trinitarian-Messianic
Oneness
Other Church-Unorthodox

Non-Christian

Agnostic
Atheist
Baha'i
Buddhist
Deist
Hindu
Humanist
Ignostic
Jehovahs-Witness
Judaism
Mormon
Muslim
Other-Religion
Pagan
Pantheist
Seeker
Shinto
Taoist
Unitarian​

Last edited:
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow. Are you actually telling me that because I believe God is God and Jesus is a separate being, as in, Gods son, separate like our son would be to us... that this site considers me not Christian?
[/QUOTE]
I don't think they are separate, and yet they are...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't be a fascist.
We can discuss this, right?
Who made Nicea God's Word anyway?
Humans did.
But we have the Bible, which has authority over human interpretations. (No?)
The Bible speaks of YHWH Elohim.
This certainly contains the 3 (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)
But it seems to be more that that.
Also Melchizedek, the Name and the Angel of God turn out to be God with God's authority.

How can one identity (name) CONTAIN three sir? Especially if the Shema, the FIRST COMMAND of the Jews says it is numerically echad not a composite echad?

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How can one identity (name) CONTAIN three sir?
One company can contain many names.
Especially if the Shema, the FIRST COMMAND of the Jews says it is numerically echad not a composite echad?
Jews dismiss the plurality of YHWH because it's too Christian.
In the old days they also read the Tenach and drew similar conclusion as Christians do today.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.