United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FineLinen said:
The Restitution of the all is not a single flaw Charlie! There is flaw after flaw after flaw.
"For by Him everybody and everything were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—everybody and everything have been created through Him and for Him. He is before everybody and everything, and in Him everybody and everything is held together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everybody and everything. For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile everybody and everything to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, everybody and everything on earth or in heaven."
Fortunately all does not mean all
(LOL)
This is a mind boggling conglomeration of out-of-context scriptures. It is a testament to ingenious scripture wresting.
1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

• Agree
Reactions: Charlie24
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Would it be unjust for God to be kind to all men in a future state?

If all men justly deserve endless punishment, will not those who are saved, be saved unjustly?

If God "will by no means clear the guilty," by what means can just punishment be evaded? (Ex. 34:7)

As no man can measure endless punishment to his neighbor, will endless punishment be measured to him? (Luke 4:38)

Would it be merciful in God to inflict endless punishment? -- that is, merciful to the sufferer?

Can that be just which is not merciful?

Do not cruelty and injustice go hand in hand?

Can that be merciful which is not just?

Reactions: Lazarus Short
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear Charles: the flaw (s) of the Restitution of all things keeps popping up before our poor blind eyes.

Everything & everybody is destined in the fullness of times for reconciliation, not one single aspect escaping the far reaching grasp of the Living God!

Have you seen the picture of the Saviour of the all on the walls of the catacombs?

My old eyes must be in need of glasses!

b679f3863cfb9e56a5e3226af07372f01500e0c6.jpeg

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FineLinen said:
Dear Charles: the flaw (s) of the Restitution of all things keeps popping up before our poor blind eyes.
Everything & everybody is destined in the fullness of times for reconciliation, not one single aspect escaping the far reaching grasp of the Living God!
Have you seen the picture of the Saviour of the all on the walls of the catacombs?
My old eyes must be in need of glasses!

b679f3863cfb9e56a5e3226af07372f01500e0c6.jpeg
How do we know that is a picture of the Savior and it is from the catacombs?

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The "fatal flaw" of the Restitution of all is a glorious response to our broken world of despair.

The Divine Embrace

Perfect =

Brought to consummation or completeness; completed.

Not defective nor redundant.

Having all the properties or qualities requisite to its nature and kind;

Without flaw, fault, or blemish;

Without error; mature; whole; pure; sound; right; correct.

A complete and satisfactory close in harmony

A tense which expresses an act or state completed.

To make perfect; to finish or complete, so as to leave nothing wanting; to give to anything all that is requisite to its nature and kind.

This is the consummation of the Divine embrace as the Author brings everything back into Himself in perfect harmony and at-one-ment as the Finisher.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The following post is by another individual on another Board, but reflects why for me, the Restitution is not simply Scripture, but our Father healing our broken beings.

My friend died suddenly a month ago of a brain aneurysm. She left behind a son, aged 26. He weighs 35 pounds and wears child-sized clothing. He was born with over 100 anomalies, one of which is that a portion of his brain never formed. His mentality is about that of a four-month old. His body is twisted. He is blind. He doesn't speak, he doesn't laugh, he doesn't cry. He occasionally makes some noise, for example, when the wind is blowing in his face, which he seems to enjoy. He will also reach for you and grasp your hand or finger.

Yet, when you hold this boy, you feel his spirit. There is someone in there, and it's my theory that you feel his spirit so strongly because he lacks the physical and mental defenses that the rest of us hide behind.

I think he's ahead of the rest of us spiritually. I also think he will follow his mother before too long. He was expected to die shortly after birth, then at two, and now it's anyone's guess. I believe that now that he does not hear the sound of her voice, he will leave.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FineLinen said:
The following post is by another individual on another Board, but reflects why for me, the Restitution is not simply Scripture, but our Father healing our broken beings.
My friend died suddenly a month ago of a brain aneurysm. She left behind a son, aged 26. He weighs 35 pounds and wears child-sized clothing. He was born with over 100 anomalies, one of which is that a portion of his brain never formed.
His mentality is about that of a four-month old. His body is twisted. He is blind. He doesn't speak, he doesn't laugh, he doesn't cry. He occasionally makes some noise, for example, when the wind is blowing in his face, which he seems to enjoy. He will also reach for you and grasp your hand or finger.
Yet, when you hold this boy, you feel his spirit. There is someone in there, and it's my theory that you feel his spirit so strongly because he lacks the physical and mental defenses that the rest of us hide behind.
I think he's ahead of the rest of us spiritually. I also think he will follow his mother before too long. He was expected to die shortly after birth, then at two, and now it's anyone's guess. I believe that now that he does not hear the sound of her voice, he will leave
Our wonderful God has provided for this unfortunate person as well as infants, children, those in far off places, jungles, deserts etc. who have never heard of Jesus.

Romans 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
Romans 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ah, the fatal flaw(s) of the restitution of all things.

"Faithful is this saying and deserving of universal acceptance: and here is the motive of our toiling and wrestling, because we have our hopes fixed on the ever-living God, who is the Saviour of all mankind, and especially of believers. Command this and teach this."

Especially= malista

Only= monon/ monos

Note

1. God is the Saviour of all mankind.

2. He is not a potential Saviour.

3. He is Saviour of all mankind.

4. He is not the Saviour of only those who believe/ trust in Him.

5. He is the Saviour "especially" of those who trust in Him.

6. Command this & teach this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FineLinen said:
Ah, the fatal flaw(s) of the restitution of all things.
"Faithful is this saying and deserving of universal acceptance: and here is the motive of our toiling and wrestling, because we have our hopes fixed on the ever-living God, who is the Saviour of all mankind, and especially of believers. Command this and teach this."
Especially= malista
Only= monon/ monos
Note
1. God is the Saviour of all mankind.
2. He is not a potential Saviour.
3. He is Saviour of all mankind.
4. He is not the Saviour of only those who believe/ trust in Him.
5. He is the Saviour "especially" of those who trust in Him.
6. Command this & teach this.
My Bible has 31,172 verses, didn't Paul, who wrote what you quoted, also say, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The awful flaw(s) of the Restitution of the entire cosmos from the sin of despair is dangerous.

Surely the prophets & sages of the Glorious God are wrong. Why should the Author be the Finisher? Why?

No more let sin & sorrow grow...He comes to make His blessings flow far as the curse is found.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The awful flaw(s) of the Restitution of the entire cosmos from the sin of despair is very dangerous.

"Behold I create all things new."

Surely You jest oh Father?

Surely You know the radical scope of pas literally means radical?

And, to make things worser, this newness of making the radical all new is unprecedented in scope.

unprecedented =

Definition of UNPRECEDENTED

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The awful flaw(s) of the Restitution of the entire universe from sin and despair is very dangerous.

Why would the Creator, more intimately known as Abba, not bring what He has begun to perfect completion?

Why does the Son of God worry about pieces of leftover fish and bread that NOTHING be lost, but lose the vast segments of sin and despair? Why?

"Jesus came to raise the dead. He did not come to teach the teachable; He did not come to improve the improvable; He did not come to reform the reformable. None of those things works. -Robert F. Capon-

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom

"My friend died suddenly a month ago of a brain aneurysm. She left behind a son, aged 26. He weighs 35 pounds and wears child-sized clothing. He was born with over 100 anomalies, one of which is that a portion of his brain never formed. His mentality is about that of a four-month old. His body is twisted. He is blind. He doesn't speak, he doesn't laugh, he doesn't cry. He occasionally makes some noise, for example, when the wind is blowing in his face, which he seems to enjoy. He will also reach for you and grasp your hand or finger.

I think he's ahead of the rest of us spiritually. I also think he will follow his mother before too long. He was expected to die shortly after birth, then at two, and now it's anyone's guess. I believe that now that he does not hear the sound of her voice, he will leave."

The glorious message of the Reconciliation of the all goes beyond, far beyond, just saving some of us (a very small segment), to completing the purpose that is within His own Being of restoring the entire universe back into union with Himself.

Will He complete the mission?

Yup ! ! !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What terrible flaw(s) the Restitution of all things are.

The entire universe is in for radical change by the Lord whose plan and purpose within Himself is total overhaul.

...of universal restoration" TCNT

"....of the great Restoration" (James Moffatt)

"....for the universal reformation..." (Goodspeed)

"....when all things are put right" (BAS)

"...when all is restored anew." Monsig. Ronald Knox

"...until the whole world is re-created" Rieu

"...until the final recovery of all things from sin." Kenneth Taylor

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FineLinen said:
The entire universe is in for radical change by the Lord whose plan and purpose within Himself is total overhaul.
The fatal flaw of all heterodox religious groups is the endless repetition of a handful of out-of-context proof texts and the inability to provide rational, reasoned responses to criticism.
This is part of only one verse there are 312,171 more verses in the Bible.

• Agree
Reactions: Charlie24
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The fatal flaw of all heterodox religious groups is the endless repetition of a handful of out-of-context proof texts and the inability to provide rational, reasoned responses to criticism.
This is part of only one verse there are 312,171 more verses in the Bible.

Odd, I would say much the same of the orthodox position, except that it has only a few more verses than Fine Linen quoted, to prop up its shaky theology. I can copy/paste no less than 77 pro-UR verses. It seems to me that Damnationism depends more on extra-Biblical sources, such as Dante, Milton, Mary K. Baxter and a host of pop-culture references such as that dreadful Adam Sandler movie "Little Nicky."

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Odd, I would say much the same of the orthodox position, except that it has only a few more verses than Fine Linen quoted, to prop up its shaky theology. I can copy/paste no less than 77 pro-UR verses. It seems to me that Damnationism depends more on extra-Biblical sources, such as Dante, Milton, Mary K. Baxter . . .
Rubbish! I have never quoted or referred to any of these characters and FL does not reply to any posts only spams UR propaganda over and over.
If my theology is so shaky why have none of the UR heroes on this forum refuted any of my posts? As for your 77 proof texts many perhaps most are out-of-context.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom

What a terrible idea the Restitution of the ta pante is.

A triumphant devil able to displace the sovereign will of the Absolute One is not possible. The Author is the Finisher, and what a grande finish it is!

Jeremiah 31:34 No longer will each man teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquities and will remember their sins no more."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FineLinen said:
What a terrible idea the Restitution of the ta pante is.
A triumphant devil able to displace the sovereign will of the Absolute One is not possible. The Author is the Finisher, and what a grande finish it is!

Jeremiah 31:34 No longer will each man teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquities and will remember their sins no more."
UR spam.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The glorious fatal flaw (s) of the Restitution of all things continues.

Our God is the Author & Finisher, the Originator & Perfecter of all. He finishes what He begins. That finish is to His complete satisfaction.

"From Him everything comes, through Him everything exists, in Him everything ends."

"When all things are put right"

Upvote 0