MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there is no geological evidence for a global flood, and it would be impossible to fit 2 of every creature of the whole earth on the ark.

a local regional flood has so much more evidence, especially around the time of Noah.
Did I not make myself clear that I didn't want to talk about that here? I'm pretty sure I did. I don't even think we are allowed to talk about that in this forum.

You proving a debatable interpretation on an eschatological passage is objective evidence? No, it’s not. It’s no more evidence than a dispy claiming their interpretation Ezekiel 40-48 is irrefutable proof of a future literal earthly temple where animal sacrifices resume.
You're boring me at this point. If you don't want to accept that "the heavens and the earth" is, you know, "the heavens and the earth", then that is your choice.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're boring me at this point.

Ok…..

Did I not make myself clear that I didn't want to talk about that here? I'm pretty sure I did. I don't even think we are allowed to talk about that in this forum.

You brought it up with the last post. I was only following your lead when you said:

“This is the biggest problem I have with your view, which is that you deny that the flood was global. That has a major influence on your understanding of 1 Peter 4:7 and 2 Peter 3. As long as we disagree on that, we're going to disagree on what Peter taught as well.”

If you don't want to accept that "the heavens and the earth" is, you know, "the heavens and the earth", then that is your choice.

I would be willing to concede if you could just provide objective evidence of the definition that supports your position that eggizo doesn’t literally mean soon and the perfect tense doesn’t mean a completed action, from any reputable source. You keep saying I don’t understand, but then don’t offer tools to help me understand.

Upvote 0